Dining Adventures with Character, March 8-14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great start to your reviews - sounds like you had an incredible time at CRT and that chocolate buckle looks delicious.

I forgot to add this to the dinner review.

The trip was to be sort of celebrating my 40th birthday (which was in Feb). I was wearing the birthday pin for most of the trip (DH thought it was dumb, because my b-day was in Feb, not March. LOL) and when I made my ADR’s I always stated we were celebraiting my b-day.

So at CRT they gave me a card signed by Cinderella, Snow White and Belle, and also a small card signed by Susie, Perla and the Fairy Godmother.

cardfromFGandmice.jpg

CRTbirthdaycard.jpg

crtbdaycard.jpg

Also when you arrive at CRT they put her dinner ticket/receipt In this cute little folder.

CRTroyalinvitation.jpg

And I can never find a kids menu for dinner on any of the sites, so I copied ours for those who would like to know what the current offerings are.

CRTkidsmenu.jpg

Also I didn’t talk prices.
My hot fudge sundae was $4.25..used a snack credit.
Ice cream cone.. $2.87...used a snack credit..
Chicken nuggets.. $7.69 plus tax
Bottled water..I think was $2.50 plus tax.
I don’t think DH got a dessert. He had such a hard time “getting” the plan, even though this is our third year using it. He thinks if he wasn’t hungry for a dessert, then don’t get it, but I told him he could’ve gotten something to snack on later.
Used 1 CS credit
Popcorn bucket..again I have no clue, but was paid out of pocket

We also bought a few drinks at MK… Out of pocket.

And with out the CRT bill in front of me, I believe that was $137 and some change..out of pocket.

Happy Birthday! Thank you for the reviews! Your daughter is adorable, and I love that Cinderella took the time to sit down and chat with her! What a wonderful memory to have!!!pixiedust:

Great reviews! :thumbsup2 Thanks for all the info on CRT! I'm trying to decide whether to it's worth the price (or 2 dining credits) to eat there. I'm glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed your meal! :goodvibes

I'm in! Love the reviews so far. We've(DDs and I) have been to CRT, but only for breakfast. Your daughter is so adorable! My DD8 likes chicken noodle soup but hates the carrots so I know what that's like. Glad to hear that Cinderella spent a little chat-time with your DD - that is priceless! Everything seemed so rushed when we went. I was drooling over that Chocolate buckle, and your comment about "having it everyday" just made it more inviting!

Thanks for joining everyone. I'm working on the next installment. It's taking time, though, because I am working on my trip report too. LOL! But I'll try to get a little more up today. :)

I guess I'm like your hubby...not sure of the ins & outs of the DP. I didn't know that if I don't want desert, I can use that credit somewhere else? I thought I read somewhere, that anything over $4 couldn't be used as a snack? I was hoping to use my snack, for my oatmeal for breakfast!! How did you find all the secrets to using the plan? I've read and re-read, still, not sure of ALL of it!:confused3 BTW, LOVING your review!! We're just 4 months out...so I'm soaking up ALL the info I can!!

I guess I'm like your hubby...not sure of the ins & outs of the DP. I didn't know that if I don't want desert, I can use that credit somewhere else? I thought I read somewhere, that anything over $4 couldn't be used as a snack? I was hoping to use my snack, for my oatmeal for breakfast!! How did you find all the secrets to using the plan? I've read and re-read, still, not sure of ALL of it!:confused3 BTW, LOVING your review!! We're just 4 months out...so I'm soaking up ALL the info I can!!

Snacks can be tricky. Basically anything under $4 pre tax is on the plan, but there are exceptions. I usually just asked if I was in doubt. They also have little DP signs up sometimes next to the item on the menu or on the shelf.

Day 2
Monday March9

I usually get up early at WDW, while Skip and Claire need there sleep.
I was still sort of full from the dinner the night before, so I went and filled my refillable mug and did some walking and picture taking.

Around 11 I went to the food court and ordered the Chicken Penne Alfredo, Tie dye cheese cake and a bottle of lemonade (which I tucked away and took to the park) Of course I forgot to take a picture of this!

This is Penne Pasta and a breaded chicken breast with Alfredo sauce, and a breadstick side. MMMMM! :lovestruc

I planned on sharing it with Claire. At 11:30 I woke Claire up and she dove into the food with me. It was yummy. I think this is one of my favorite dishes at Pop. And it’s a lot too. :cutie:
Claire was really ready for the Cheese cake though. I sure wish I took a picture, because it is so pretty. :flower3: Our teeth were blue after eating it though and DH was laughing at us. Especially at Claire, with blue teeth and lips.
The only bad thing about their tie dye cheesecake is that they put it on a “crust” of red velvet cake. Why they do this, I have no clue? :confused3 But that part is gross ,so we always throw that part away. :rolleyes1

The meal was 1 CS credit ($15.83)

Claire and I got ready for her BBB appointment and DH went up and got a bowl of fruit.

It looked good, and was probably your basic bowl of fruit.
I believe this was $2.99 plus tax…1 Snack credit

fruitbowl.jpg

We had 4:40 ADR’s for 1900 Park Fair. We were at MK that day, so we took the boat over. We had just missed one, so we had to wait. Claire was a little antsy while waiting. :rotfl: It had been a long day, since we did BBB and lots of photos.

GFfromboatdock.jpg

The boat finally came and she relaxed a bit more and enjoyed the ride over. We then kind of dragged our heels as we made our way towards 1900 Park Fare. We had time, so we were in no hurry.

GrandFloridian.jpg

We walked in the back and DH decided to go potty, so Claire took a seat and I tried to get a picture of her. Not much luck of getting a nice one. She was fidgety and kept putting her wand in her face. princess:

ClaireatGF.jpg

wandinface.jpg

BWGF.jpg

After DH came out we then headed off to 1900 Park Fare and checked in.

1900ParkFare.jpg

We checked in about 4:20ish

We had a little while yet, so we went and parked our stroller and saw this really cute topiary. Of course the sun wouldn’t allow me to take a nice picture. :sad1:

marypoppinstopiary.jpg

We went out front and had a seat for a few minutes.

dadandclairelooking.jpg

We saw all these neat old cars/buggies so I took some pictures of them.

GFbuggy.jpg

1929Cadillac.jpg

blackcar.jpg

And the ashtrays were so cool. LOL! I went to take a picture of one, and Claire saw it and thought it was just sand and smashed her hands it. (ICK) :sad2: So I took one of this one, which wasn’t as perfect or clean as the other.

Gfashtray.jpg

Loving your report! Looking forward to reading about the Wonderland Tea Party. Thinking of having my girls do it this year. Happy 40th!

Wow, some lovely pictures - love that one of the approach to the Grand Floridian :thumbsup2

So after the ashtray incident :sad2: , Claire and I went in to wash up, and DH lagged behind. It was just after 4:30 now. I had told DH to come right in because they opened at 4:30 and most likely we would be seated early. I went in to check and sure enough they were ready to seat us and DH wasn’t in site. GRRR! :headache: One of the things that irritate me is when he goes off on his own and wanders. :rolleyes1 So I beeped him on the Nextel and told him to get his butt in there because we couldn’t be seated till he got there. And yes, I was in one of those “no reason to be” panicking states. :scared: LOL! I just have way too much adrenaline running through me when I am at Disney.

We got seated and got our drink orders and were told where the characters would be coming out at, and the “flow” they would go in. Skip ordered Pink Lemonade, I got diet Coke, (no ice) and Claire got Chocolate milk (I think).

I also forgot to mention that I had ordered a white chocolate glass slipper. We were supposed to remind them we had it ordered when we checked in, but they were on top of things and mentioned it before I could even say anything. I kind of ordered it as a special b-day treat for me (since this was supposed to be celebrating my 40th) but I had them write Princess Claire on it since it was her BBB day.

We reminded our server about the slipper too when we sat down. Our server was just OK. Not super attentive.
She did bring out a special placemat for me with signatures of several characters on it. Claire was jealous, once she realized it was there, half way or so, through the meal and I then put it over at her spot for her to use. LOL! ;)

Since the characters hadn’t come out yet, I ran up and got some food for Claire and I.
I was dyeing to try the strawberry soup. I had heard of it over the past year, but didn’t even know it existed last year. I also love the tomato and mozzarella salad they have there.

strawberrysoup.jpg

I thought the soup was good. It tasted like a smoothie. And I loved the tomato/mozzarella salad. I even got seconds of that.

Skip got some sort of salad for starters.

1900salad.jpg

Claire anxiously watched the door for the characters to come out. Food wasn’t on her mind too much, but she did eat a little bit. Mostly a roll! LOL! And some watermelon and pizza. Claire liked the pizza, but honestly it’s not that good. The watermelon was OK. I grew up on a farm raising watermelons, so I am picky. This definitely wasn’t “in season”.
Here is a half of pizza Claire was working on and her mutilating a roll. LOL!

1900pizza.jpg

And waiting for the characters!

waitingfortheprince.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter