Dine With an Imagineer- Anyone?

book_junkie

"Oh dear, what an awkward situation..."
Anyone out there done the Dine With an Imagineer experience? Pros, cons, excellent experience, really wasn't worth the expense? :confused3: We always try and do something "extra" while we're at the parks, and we're looking for something more relaxed than a walking tour this time around... :yay: We've done the Behind the Steam Train Tour and the Keys to the Kingdom Tour, and enjoyed those peeks behind the magic curtain....

Thanks!

:goodvibes

It includes soup, salad, entree, dessert and nonalcoholic beverage at Brown Derby. It's not the full menu - there are about three entrees and two desserts to choose from. Plus up to three hours chatting with the imagineer. It's not held in the main restaurant, but in the private Bamboo Room, so it is a more intimate setting. If you are a Disney freak it is very worth it, plus lots of food.

I do not recommend it for small children, although any age can attend. Disney recommends for kids 14 and over.

Thanks for this! I was having problems finding info about it on the site! It sounds right up my alley for my upcoming trip, and I have always wanted to do this! :goodvibes

It's currently offered Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays and you need to call 407-WDW-DINE to book. You can't book this online.

After talking to two different cast members at WDW Dine (first one had no clue what I was talking about and wasn't helpful at all), finally got this booked for a surprise for my hubbie! :banana: We're booked for Monday, October 25, lunch at the Brown Derby- only option they had during the 9 days we're going to be there. The cast member did say that they are slowly adding dinner options closer to time and to try back if that was an interest to me, but that they would be at a different location....

:cool1:

We did it in Sept 08 and it was great :) I would do it again if the funds presented themselves. It was about 3 hours long and we had one of the producers that make the music for the resorts that you hear in the common areas. It was amazing! This is what I had: for starter I had the Cobb salad (which was too much), then I had a noodle bowl, that to this day I still dream about and for dessert I had the grapfruit cake (wouldn't do that again) The price included a non alcoholic beverage but you can get bar service if you want. There may be a special surprise souvvie at the end of the lunch. The imagineer will answer almost any question as long as it has been publized by WD Co. They will not give you any secrets that aren't already out there. Let me know if you have any questions and enjoy :)

I had the cobb salad too - you can make requests about the food. I have never ordered the cobb salad because it included hardcooked egg and I hate egg. They were able to serve mine without the egg. (It was a small portion, but normally I would have eaten just that for lunch and been really happy - you get much more food with this lunch. Be hungry, and don't plan a big dinner)

We really enjoyed it. I had the cobb salad ap as well- I order it without egg or onion, since they make it there fresh you can order it anywa you choose. Some of those with us choose to have the soup offered as an ap. I got the steak meal I believe and my DH got the noodles- he didn't care for them. My steak (or could have been chicken) was very good. We both had the creme brulee for dessert (also very good). Our imagineer talked about projects he had done, how he ended up becoming an imigineer, and his upcoming project- a wing of a children's ospital sponsered by Disney. We found it was very interesting and would do it again if the funds/time presented itself.

Rebecca

We also did this and enjoyed it. If you have any questions be sure to ask as you will get some good answers. We had two imagineers, one seasoned, and one that was seeing how to conduct this event.

The CM started off by giving us an overview of what he did. You could ask any questions at any time. The only part I didn't care for was that one of the young guests was interested in getting a job with Disney and he monopolized the conversation for quite awhile. DH thought there was too much talking about that as well.

The food was very good as well, but as with a pp, I was kind of disappointed in the grapefruit cake as well.

I must say that we sure heard some VERY funny stories. The CMs posed for pictures with us so be sure to take your camera. I'd be willing to do this again.

Our whole family would love to do this!

Does anyone know if they accommodate vegetarian guests?

When you call to book, have them put on the reservation how many vegetarians are in your party.

There is now an evening session at the Flying Fish restaurant in the Boardwalk resort. It starts at 5:30 pm. There are two appetizers - crapcake and sushi -, caesar salad, raspberry sorbet, a choice of four entrees: salmon, red snapper, yellowfin tuna, and steak, and a tray of three peach desserts.

There is free self parking or $12 valet parking. You work up an appetite walking up the hill to resort and then down the two flights of stairs to the boardwalk.

The major con is that the Flying Fish is a very noisy restaurant. They don't have a private party room - only an alcove off to the side. The noise from other large parties in this area of restaurant was distracting. They needed a door to close the alcove off from the rest of the dining room

They also offer an optional commemorative plate which the imagineer will autograph.

There is now an evening session at the Flying Fish restaurant in the Boardwalk resort. It starts at 5:30 pm. There are two appetizers - crapcake and sushi -, caesar salad, raspberry sorbet, a choice of four entrees: salmon, red snapper, yellowfin tuna, and steak, and a tray of three peach desserts.

There is free self parking or $12 valet parking. You work up an appetite walking up the hill to resort and then down the two flights of stairs to the boardwalk.

The major con is that the Flying Fish is a very noisy restaurant. They don't have a private party room - only an alcove off to the side. The noise from other large parties in this area of restaurant was distracting. They needed a door to close the alcove off from the rest of the dining room

They also offer an optional commemorative plate which the imagineer will autograph.

I hope they take that crapcake off the menu soon! :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter