Digital photography classes.. Recommendations

lindsroc

DIS Veteran
I'm in Massachusetts and would love to take a class to help me learn the ins and outs of my new camera- D80. I can read the manual till my eyes fall out, but Im just one of those people who benefit from having someone there to answer questions etc. I have tried an online course, but it didnt work for me. I'm hoping there may be others in the area that could recommend a place. Preferably a 1 or 2 day workshop. I really need to learn the basics, ISO/metering/etc. Thanks!!!

I don't know the area you are from, but the first places to try are either the store you bought the camera from (or a large photo store) or local photo clubs, which usually have a webpage you could look up.
In my area, the local school board runs classes at a high school in the area taught by a professional photographer, and I have really enjoyed these classes as they give me a reason to shoot on a regular basis.

It's not a workshop... but I have been taking night classes at a local community college and they are great. Everything is digital and we learn how to use the features on our camera, how to compose the shot, capture motion, etc and use photoshop. It's 15 weeks long and $300 a semester.

I'd check out your local schools.

Another option if there is nothing available locally is ed2go.com. I took an Illustrator course that way and learned a lot.

I took an adult school in the fall for photography. Took pictures did written work etc. and it was so great and cheap.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter