Digital Membership Cards?

They brought in HCL. Some ompanies who outsourced their IT departments during this time realized that it was a mistake. The cheap labor offshore has no loyalty to the company. They will leave if they find a better opportunity. Critical knowledge regularly left and companies scrambled to get the level of expertise needed to innovate and keep systems running. My last two companies (one Fortune 250, one Fortune 50) has insourced the services that were previously given to outsourcing. Disney may be at that point now, if they haven't gotten there already.
You know the old saying. “You get what you pay for”. Tried and true, and still accurate.

You know the old saying. “You get what you pay for”. Tried and true, and still accurate.

This is not support of what they day but again - it was terrible before then too. Who knows - it might be even worse had things not gone that way.

Update: after finally getting a chat with tech support, problem is solved. My iPhone was still on iOS 15.1 and apparently, it has to be on 15.2.

The tech said that they would put a mention of that in the instructions.

15.2 isn't the current version. 15.2.1 is the current version. Hopefully, Disney still plays nicely with it.

I still have my card in my wallet, but now when I sign in to MM 3/4 of the time all I get is this:

It won't advance past this screen. The remaining 1/4 of the times, all the stars align and MM works as intended.
Still waiting for grandfathered Y to replace ND.

Ok I've not paid attention to this whole digital card thing cause this is my first trip on the physical card. I didn't even know about magic mobile until an hour ago.
I've been using discounts in DL with my digital card no problems and tonight in DCA I had a CM tell me they were told to ONLY accept the new magic mobile thing starting January 1st. I was like 'huh? Why would they not accept the digital cards they provide thru their own website when they stopped making physical cards?' and he said he'd give me the discount this time only (which just annoyed me cause I feel like it's wrong). I did download it but it shows DVC ND eventhough I'm a blue card holder (bought resale before the restrictions).

My main question is :will it be digital card OR magical mobile or is MM replacing completely the digital card?

I'm irrationally annoyed at this. I've only ever had issues with my DVC discount in DL. It's like there's just not enough DVC presence here for the CMs to have accurate information.

My main question is :will it be digital card OR magical mobile or is MM replacing completely the digital card?
Going forward ONLY MM. no physical card or screen shot of your card from the member site (digital card). And for discounts must be DVC Y on the MM

Ok I've not paid attention to this whole digital card thing cause this is my first trip on the physical card. I didn't even know about magic mobile until an hour ago.
I've been using discounts in DL with my digital card no problems and tonight in DCA I had a CM tell me they were told to ONLY accept the new magic mobile thing starting January 1st. I was like 'huh? Why would they not accept the digital cards they provide thru their own website when they stopped making physical cards?' and he said he'd give me the discount this time only (which just annoyed me cause I feel like it's wrong). I did download it but it shows DVC ND eventhough I'm a blue card holder (bought resale before the restrictions).

I'm irrationally annoyed at this. I've only ever had issues with my DVC discount in DL. It's like there's just not enough DVC presence here for the CMs to have accurate information.

To expand, they are working on the glitch for those who do not see DVC Y...and that is the reason we can still see the digital temporary card on the website...well, per several CMs at MS when I called...once they know things are working correctly...at least for coding...those will disappear.

The CMS at WDW all told me that for the month of January, they were told to be a little flexible since they were still rolling it out and working on things. But, come Feb 1st, they were told to only accept the MM and it must be pulled up from an electronic device...no screen shots...though I was told that my screen shot of my license would still be accepted (which I have been using for a few years now).

We shall see how it goes...I do know at both Creations and World of Disney, they would not accept anything but the MM pass pulled up...of course, we are still getting reports of inconsistent application....

I do know at both Creations and World of Disney, they would not accept anything but the MM pass pulled up...of course, we are still getting reports of inconsistent application....
Any available option at both of those locations is Mobile Check-Out using the MDE mobile app which will automatically apply any applicable AP or DVC Discount.

Hi.
I just tried again and even though I purchased in 2009 and was the first group to be grandfathered in and have all points just as direct, my card still shows ND. Do I need to call IT to fix this or are people waiting for next month to see if it happens?
My husband is also on the deed, but I'm not even dealing with his electronic card now, just want mine fixed and will move on to his.

Thank you.

Hi.
I just tried again and even though I purchased in 2009 and was the first group to be grandfathered in and have all points just as direct, my card still shows ND. Do I need to call IT to fix this or are people waiting for next month to see if it happens?
My husband is also on the deed, but I'm not even dealing with his electronic card now, just want mine fixed and will move on to his.

Thank you.
I think at this point, you'd just be subjecting yourself to the unpleasantry of waiting on hold for no resolution. I think enough (if there is ever enough) people have raised concerns with DVC/IT that they are (or aren't) doing whatever they're going to do/not do. I'd wait and see if the issue is resolved and all of the accounts are corrected. It doesn't sound like they are fixing things on a per-member basis anyway (beyond helping to get the digital card set up initially).

Man I hate so much that kid was right 😂...
But that kid was NOT right. Even though the original plan was to require MM starting January 1st, the rollout was delayed until at least February 1st because of the significant bugs in the system. They are supposed to accept the digital cards (presumably with photo ID). Apparently that CM didn’t get the message about the delay.

To expand, they are working on the glitch for those who do not see DVC Y...and that is the reason we can still see the digital temporary card on the website...well, per several CMs at MS when I called...once they know things are working correctly...at least for coding...those will disappear.

The CMS at WDW all told me that for the month of January, they were told to be a little flexible since they were still rolling it out and working on things. But, come Feb 1st, they were told to only accept the MM and it must be pulled up from an electronic device...no screen shots...though I was told that my screen shot of my license would still be accepted (which I have been using for a few years now).

We shall see how it goes...I do know at both Creations and World of Disney, they would not accept anything but the MM pass pulled up...of course, we are still getting reports of inconsistent application....
I will be in WDW for a week in mid February. I will report what is and is not being accepted. At that point I think the CMs will be in their "groove" in terms of what is being accepted.

But that kid was NOT right. Even though the original plan was to require MM starting January 1st, the rollout was delayed until at least February 1st because of the significant bugs in the system. They are supposed to accept the digital cards (presumably with photo ID). Apparently that CM didn’t get the message about the delay.

The CMs were told to be understanding and flexible if someone was having trouble showing it…not that it was required to accept the old or temporary cards.

As I mentioned, CMs at a few places in WDW would not accept the digital. It was only MM.

One of my DD was there the second week of Jan and the other is there now... both with DVC ND. The first kept getting inconsistent stories, but the discount each time with various levels of grief. I have not gotten a report about this week, but I am sure if she was denied the discount, I would have heard.....:mic:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter