Different Ticket-types and travel dates in one party FP+ and MDE

sarah-jane

Mouseketeer
I've read the FAQ and FP+ thread and I'm still a bit confused. Here's the situation:

I am travelling with my family for 14 day stay and we all have annual passes. My sister is coming for the middle 7 days and has a 7-day PH. She is on our room reservation for the days she is there and shows up in MDE as part of our travelling party. If we link her tickets to our MDE will we be able to book fastpasses for her at 60-days when we do ours? (I think I understand we can only do some of ours, not all 14-days worth at 60 days). Because her ticket is not going to be used until the middle of the trip will she have a different booking window? I'm hoping I can just book all of us for the days she is there. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

You will all share the same booking window, but she will not be able to get FPs for more than 7 days of your stay.

Thank you! That's what I was wondering.
I have a similar situation, but was told something completely different when I called WDW. I am staying 8 nights in September (with an 8 day park ticket) joining family who have separate reservations. Was able to participate in the room discount offer for that time period. (NOTE - the room discount offer does not require any minimum day park ticket purchase in order to participate). My DH decided to join me for the last four nights of the trip. We will be purchasing a 3 day park ticket for him. When I called WDW to add his name to the reservation (so that he could get a magic band for room entrance and participate in transportation from ME), I was told that if I put his name on the reservation he would have to purchase an 8 day park ticket as everyone in the room had to have the same park ticket. I explained that there was no park ticket requirement in order to receive the room discount, so I didn't understand why he needed to have the same park ticket as me. the customer service rep told me the same thing again. I was told what I could do was wait until I checked in, told the front desk when he would be joining me, provide them with his flight info at that time and they would include him then for ME. Additionally, I was told to purchase a park ticket for him, link it to my "Disney Experience" and then I could schedule FPs for those last 3 days, but would have to wait until the 30 day out window opens.

Can anyone provide insight into this? Would this be correct? I've been to WDW at least 40 times so I'm fairly knowledgeable of the ins and outs, but this one is driving me crazy. If we have to wait until 30 days out to schedule FPs we are sunk on the popular attractions (I would also lose 30 of the 60 days to schedule FPs, what I would have as a perk of being a resort guest.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

I have a similar situation, but was told something completely different when I called WDW. I am staying 8 nights in September (with an 8 day park ticket) joining family who have separate reservations. Was able to participate in the room discount offer for that time period. (NOTE - the room discount offer does not require any minimum day park ticket purchase in order to participate). My DH decided to join me for the last four nights of the trip. We will be purchasing a 3 day park ticket for him. When I called WDW to add his name to the reservation (so that he could get a magic band for room entrance and participate in transportation from ME), I was told that if I put his name on the reservation he would have to purchase an 8 day park ticket as everyone in the room had to have the same park ticket. I explained that there was no park ticket requirement in order to receive the room discount, so I didn't understand why he needed to have the same park ticket as me. the customer service rep told me the same thing again. I was told what I could do was wait until I checked in, told the front desk when he would be joining me, provide them with his flight info at that time and they would include him then for ME. Additionally, I was told to purchase a park ticket for him, link it to my "Disney Experience" and then I could schedule FPs for those last 3 days, but would have to wait until the 30 day out window opens.

Can anyone provide insight into this? Would this be correct? I've been to WDW at least 40 times so I'm fairly knowledgeable of the ins and outs, but this one is driving me crazy. If we have to wait until 30 days out to schedule FPs we are sunk on the popular attractions (I would also lose 30 of the 60 days to schedule FPs, what I would have as a perk of being a resort guest.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Yes, what they told you was correct and. . . incorrect. The correct part - Although you utilized a room-only discount, you actually booked a package when you added tickets to the room, therefore, if you add your husband to the reservation now, he has to have the same package components as you do. When you book a package with tickets and/or dining, everyone in the room HAS to have the same package components.

In a situation like yours with DH joining you after you arrive, the best thing to do is book room-only and purchase the tickets needed for each guest separately (in your case, an 8-day for you and a 3-day for him). If this were an "extra adult" situation, it changes things a little, but it doesn't sound like that is the case here.

IMHO, the best thing for you to do is see if you can re-book what you have as a room-only with the discount and cancel the room/ticket package. That way, you can both be on the reservation from the start and you can book DME for both of you prior to arriving. He will also get his MB prior to arriving and be able to pick his color.

If you don't want to cancel your package and re-book as room-only, yes, you will have to add him at check-in, add him onto DME then and he will get a gray MB, but will then have all onsite privileges. The part they told you that was incorrect - as long as he has a valid ticket linked in MDE and is in your MDE account or linked as Friends and Family, you will be able to make FP+ at 60 days for him even if he isn't on the reservation.

Yes, what they told you was correct and. . . incorrect. The correct part - Although you utilized a room-only discount, you actually booked a package when you added tickets to the room, therefore, if you add your husband to the reservation now, he has to have the same package components as you do. When you book a package with tickets and/or dining, everyone in the room HAS to have the same package components.

In a situation like yours with DH joining you after you arrive, the best thing to do is book room-only and purchase the tickets needed for each guest separately (in your case, an 8-day for you and a 3-day for him). If this were an "extra adult" situation, it changes things a little, but it doesn't sound like that is the case here.

IMHO, the best thing for you to do is see if you can re-book what you have as a room-only with the discount and cancel the room/ticket package. That way, you can both be on the reservation from the start and you can book DME for both of you prior to arriving. He will also get his MB prior to arriving and be able to pick his color.

If you don't want to cancel your package and re-book as room-only, yes, you will have to add him at check-in, add him onto DME then and he will get a gray MB, but will then have all onsite privileges. The part they told you that was incorrect - as long as he has a valid ticket linked in MDE and is in your MDE account or linked as Friends and Family, you will be able to make FP+ at 60 days for him even if he isn't on the reservation.

DisneyWishes14- Thank you so much for your response!

I knew to turn to the Disboards for an understandable explanation and confirmation that what I was hearing from customer service was not all correct.

Again, many thanks! Jean

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter