Different CCs for two people in same room

chelynnah

DIS Veteran
I know I've seen this mentioned somewhere and I have tried to do a search. The search sent me down a few interesting rabbit holes, but didn't actually answer the question.

This is my first onsite stay and I'm taking my Mother in Law. DH and I have paid for the trip, and we have Free Dining, but she would like to pay for tips and incidentals that may not be covered by the dining plan, as well as her own purchases. My card is currently the one saved to the reservation, and she is an additional family traveller profile on my MDE account rather than having her own (this will likely be her only trip and I'm not going to confuse her by making her create an MDE account).

Am I remembering right that I read somewhere that she can have a separate card and PIN on the room and on her MDE profile so that any charges she makes with her MB will be assigned to her card on rather than mine when it gets out through the room charges?

Coming from the UK we have to stop by reception anyway to pick up our MBs even though I've done online check-in, so setting that up won't be a problem. I do know that each person can be assigned their own pin so you can identify who made what charges, but that would require sitting down and 'splitting' the final bill. Not something I'd like to spend time doing on our last night if it can be avoided, which is why I'm hoping she can register her own card against the room and her MB.

Oh, that brings me to another quick question... I know nothing is stored on the MB, it's all accessed both ways through MDE, but if I bought he a LE MB i know it should work with the room door etc, but just checking I don't have to go back to the front desk again to align it with the CC/room charging? I am aware that on rare occasions additional MBs like to create havoc and not open the room doors, but that's not the norm.

Sorry for the novel and thanks in advance.

my sister and I were able to put a cc on file for my charges and one for her charges. it was not a problem until I went to pay my balance and they credited her account. it was an easy fix though

My best friend and I are headed to WDW in march. After speaking to a cast member this is definitely do able!

At check in, just give them your magic band and the credit card you want to be associated with that specific band. Some magic happens and all charges will be split according to the specific magic band.

Have a magical time with the mouse!

We have done this. When you check in she can add her CC and attach it to her Magic Band. My friend traveled with us and wanted to charge to her CC, not mine which was the one associated with our reservation. It was an easy fix and there were no problems at check out.

Thanks so much everyone. I was pretty sure we could do this, but couldn't find any reference when I searched, :)

I do this every trip. If you know you will be strapped for time on your checkout day, it is worth your while after this is set up, to go to the gift shop, buy something small, and go back to the front desk to make sure it is charging to the correct card.
This will ensure no mixups upon checkout that need to be fixed.

I do this every trip. If you know you will be strapped for time on your checkout day, it is worth your while after this is set up, to go to the gift shop, buy something small, and go back to the front desk to make sure it is charging to the correct card.
This will ensure no mixups upon checkout that need to be fixed.
Ooh, that's a good tip, thanks :)

I had to give my two kids a pin on my MDE and I want them to just use thier gift cards for purchases. Can I deactivate thier charging abilities once there?

Did this on a split stay with friends this past October at Yacht Club and Contemporary. Both times the charges got mixed up for one person and were added to the primary reservation holders account.

Yacht Club was able to easily swap the charges over when we went to the desk. We had already received our e-mails and knew which charges needed to go where. They advised us to "turn off express check-out" at the Contemporary so we could review our bills before they actually charged us. We took their advice, and it looked like everything was fine.

Since we had late flights, we decided to hit up Epcot again for more F&W activities. Got home and the primary reservation holder once again saw other charges from that last day. An e-mail to resort guest services and a week wait straightened it out. I assume the second time the issue came up because we had "checked-out" and then it just defaulted to the main person.

In theory, the separate charging should work and adding a band to your MDE should be a 100% clone of your other band. This is not always the case. For me, it seems park tickets and FP+ will always be fine, but rooms are the issue. I had band issues on my last two trips with the band Disney actually sent me for the actual reservations (not separately purchased ones). They were not showing up and I was the primary reservation holder. Concierge was extremely shocked this happened. The last time it took 45 minutes, and calls to tech support, but they were SO helpful, nice, and accommodating. They were able to fix it, but I would say always carry a form of payment in the event your band gets declined (which mine did two times) and always check all the bands on your reservation open your room as soon as you arrive so you can fix it right away, before technical support closes at 10pm.

I had to give my two kids a pin on my MDE and I want them to just use thier gift cards for purchases. Can I deactivate thier charging abilities once there?
I believe I've read you can set a spending limit (not sure if daily or total) on things charged using kids' bands/PINs

Did this on a split stay with friends this past October at Yacht Club and Contemporary. Both times the charges got mixed up for one person and were added to the primary reservation holders account.

Yacht Club was able to easily swap the charges over when we went to the desk. We had already received our e-mails and knew which charges needed to go where. They advised us to "turn off express check-out" at the Contemporary so we could review our bills before they actually charged us. We took their advice, and it looked like everything was fine.

Since we had late flights, we decided to hit up Epcot again for more F&W activities. Got home and the primary reservation holder once again saw other charges from that last day. An e-mail to resort guest services and a week wait straightened it out. I assume the second time the issue came up because we had "checked-out" and then it just defaulted to the main person.

In theory, the separate charging should work and adding a band to your MDE should be a 100% clone of your other band. This is not always the case. For me, it seems park tickets and FP+ will always be fine, but rooms are the issue. I had band issues on my last two trips with the band Disney actually sent me for the actual reservations (not separately purchased ones). They were not showing up and I was the primary reservation holder. Concierge was extremely shocked this happened. The last time it took 45 minutes, and calls to tech support, but they were SO helpful, nice, and accommodating. They were able to fix it, but I would say always carry a form of payment in the event your band gets declined (which mine did two times) and always check all the bands on your reservation open your room as soon as you arrive so you can fix it right away, before technical support closes at 10pm.
Thanks, great advice. I had planned to carry payment and ID cards. I'm not comfortable not having an alternative form of payment. Things go wrong, machines go down, I don't want to be stuck being unable to pay. Or without anything in case of an emergency.

I had heard about door issues. I have some bands from my last trip that I'm planning to bring and was going to check they work on the door before relying on them.

What a pain about the charging mixup. I plan to stop by before the last night and ask for a look at the charges to ensure they look right, and was planning to pay them all before checkout. Sounds like disabling express checkout would be a good idea.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter