Differences between 4 & 7 night cruises

sunrise717

Mouseketeer
Hello all we are going on our first 7 night cruise we have done a land and see the last 3 years with 4 nights at Wdw and then 4 nights bahamas dcl.. I really am scared that I will miss not being able to visit WDW this time.. What is the major difference that I will see on a 7 instead of a 4.. And wwyd. if you had the choice of a land/sea or a 7 nighter??

The 7 nighters to me are much more relaxed. Shows happen on sea days so there is no rush to get back from your excursions for the shows and dinner. There are also more character opportunities and more down time. With the extra down time we sun bath, watch a movie, visit the spa, and just relax. On our 4 day cruises we always felt like it was go go go to get everything we wanted done. Nothing beats laying our while reading a book and on a 4 night I felt like I never had time for that.

The seven day is definitely more relaxed. Depending on the ship and or itinerary, you can have two to three sea days. With these sea days there are more opportunities for activities (scheduled and un-scheduled). They offer more cooking type classes (you can usually see something for dessert which is open to all ages, and and appetizer and entree with are open to adults and samples are paired with a bit of wine). The nightly shows consist of the three main shows, a welcome show and a farewell show with the seven night usually being a movie in the Walt Theater. There are additional opportunities to see entertainment. Then there are seven dinner menus including the captains gala which includes lobster. And if you are on the Dream, Fantasy or Magic - you get the animation show at Animators Palate. And as noted above, loads more opportunities for character interaction.

Just a few things I can think of without looking at my Navigators.

And wwyd. if you had the choice of a land/sea or a 7 nighter??

Only you can answer that. It all depends on whether you want time at WDW or not. You've been to WDW, you've been on a DCL cruise, so you would need to decide which one you really want to do.

Differences between 4 & 7 night cruises = the number of days!!! :) Sorry, I couldn't resist!

Yea, I didn't want to say it! Honestly, DH and I have "healthy debates" about this all the time. I have no problem dividing a vacation. WDW/Beach. WDW/Cruise. Cruise/Beach. Or whatever... But DH likes to get set in one place, and that's it. So...we compromise. The only thing he won't do is a cruise shorted than 7 days, which I pretty much agree with anyhow.

We sailed on the Dream for 4 nights in March which we combined with WDW up front. We Had been on 6 and 7 night DCL cruises and I think the longer, the better. My kids said the same. More time to relax, maybe an additional at-sea day which I really like, and do more ship board activities.

As PP's have stated, the 7-day's are more relaxing and they've covered the dining and show addtions. I find with the 4-day, with just one sea day everyone seems to try and do everything and the ship just feels busier than a 7-day with a few additional sea days (though the first day seems more rushed and similar to a 4-day). Our last time out, after the first sea day, we essentially changed up our planned sea day activities, cancelling some, moving others and really enjoying the extra time on the ship (trying new things we'd never have time for on a 3/4 day sailing).

That said, we still try and schedule a few days (now prefer prior) at WDW when possible (and a sailing allows) regardless of the cruise length.

I personally would choose a 7 day, but we also have a major amusement park 5 min from us, so get our fill of rides and the such throughout the year.

On a 7 day you will have more variety acts (magician, hypnotist), DCL may bring on a Disney animator or someone (we had the animation director for Tinkerbell), animation classes, cooking classes etc. Plus more of an opportunity to do Palo and Remy and eat all the delicious food.

On a four night, the first day is spent getting settled in, boarding the ship and the lifeboat drill. On the last night, you are busy packing and getting reorganized.

After a 3 night, then 2 at 7 nights and most recently a 4 night. Without a doubt would do the 7 night and not do WDW. They are so much more relaxing, best vacations ever. Just my $.02

Differences between 4 & 7 night cruises = the number of days!!! :) Sorry, I couldn't resist!
LOL. I was going to say $3,000!

I agree with all of the others. I think anything less than 7 days is too short. I would double that if I could!

Jennifer

I think another big difference is the uniqueness of the ports. You can only do Bahamas and Castaway Cay so many times. I like visiting the different areas. I do miss visiting the parks, but I find it nicer to do a dedicated park vacation and not split up our time. But we've done it both ways.

After doing a seven night cruise you won't go back to the shorter ones. We have #9 booked for the end of February 2016. :cloud9:

After doing a seven night cruise you won't go back to the shorter ones.
Not quite true. We started with a 15 night cruise for our first DCL cruse (actually our first cruise ever). Since then we've mixed it up with cruises from 4 nights to 14 nights.

Not quite true. We started with a 15 night cruise for our first DCL cruse (actually our first cruise ever). Since then we've mixed it up with cruises from 4 nights to 14 nights.

That was just a tongue in cheek reply.

Following. We are sailing a 7 day for the very first time in 2016. We've only done short cruises to date. Can't wait to read more about the 7 day differences. :)

We've done two 7 night and one 4 night, and would absolutely stick with 7 nights. 4 felt rushed and too busy to us. And we prefer the cruise to the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter