• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Diet? What diet? A countdown: 18 TS restaurants on TIW card...#1 on pg. 18!

bangzoom6877

DIS Veteran
CAST of "characters":
1. "Tinkerbell" (Me, 33-year-old mom): :tinker:
2. "Donald Duck" (DH, 33-year-old dad): :donald:
3. "Sulley" (DS5): :sulley:
4. "Lil' Mickey" (DS3): :mickeyjum

Dates of our trip: July 13th through July 23, 2010

Resort: Boardwalk Villas

Our plan: to have a great time while eating ourselves into a food coma daily! :lmao:

Hi, we're a family of 4. I'm the mom, and I make all the Disney plans. I go crazy with ADRs, restaurants, reading menus, changing ADRs, touring plans, you name it. I am a lifetime member of Weight Watchers, but while on vacation I make sure I truly enjoy myself!! DH eats healthy all year long also, but indulges on vacation. The boys...well, they're happy with pizza, burgers, mac 'n' cheese, & PB & J...but they are also willing to try other things! And DS5 has recently become a steak lover...oh, and a bacon lover too! Go meat!!! :rotfl2:

We are DVC members and Boardwalk Villas is our home resort. This is our first trip "home" as DVC members, and our second family vacation to WDW. Last time we were there was July 2008.

We had 3 choices when making our dining plans:

1. Go with the basic DDP+pay OOP for several extra TS meals+have a few CS credits leftover
2. Go with the deluxe dining plan+have a few meal credits leftover+have way too many snacks leftover
3. Upgrade my ticket to an AP ($100 DVC member discount)+purchase Tables in Wonderland card+not worry about how many meal credits we have to use or snack credits

We went with option #3, which will allow us 20% off all food and drinks (incl. alcohol!) at every TS ADR we have!! :banana:

We have ADRs at the following TS restaurants...Chef Mickey's (dinner); Sci-Fi (lunch); Whispering Canyon Cafe (dinner); CRT (dinner); Akershus (lunch); 1900 Park Fare (breakfast); Cape May Cafe (dinner); San Angel Inn (lunch); Le Cellier (dinner); 50s Prime Time (lunch); Sanaa (dinner); Captain's Grille (dinner); Crystal Palace (breakfast); Kona Cafe (dinner); Les Chefs de France (lunch); Biergarten (dinner) and Cape May Cafe (breakfast). That's 16 ADRs altogether! :goodvibes

Once we come back, I will review all of our TS restaurants. I will do this as a countdown, from #16 all the way to #1! I will also comment on any CS locations we visit, and also on snacks.

The only restaurants that are repeats for us are Chef Mickey's (did breakfast last time), Crystal Palace (did dinner last time) and Biergarten (dinner again!!!). The rest are completely new and I am looking forward to all of them! I changed ADRs a million times, but we are all set now! 4 weeks from tomorrow we arrive at WDW, although we leave 5 days before that to drive down from NYC and then visit some relatives in southern FL before making our way to WDW!

Sounds great! My family and I will be there the same time as you - July 18-26. Give a shout out to your fellow DISers!!!! ;)

Love your title! We'll be dining in a lot of the same places starting 7/29! And I'm afraid our diets are going up in smoke, too!

Hi everyone! :wave2:

Well, we're just 4 weeks from our check-in date at BWV!!! And we leave in 3 weeks from Thursday! We've been planning this trip for so long and I can't believe that it's finally almost here! Time sure flies.....

I'm looking forward to eating in all those great places!! I know some get mixed reviews on here, but that doesn't scare me. I like to judge for myself. I'm sure all will be good, but it will be interesting to see which one I choose as #1. I'll be choosing based on food, atmosphere, and service. It might be difficult, but it sure will be a lot of fun! Hmm...maybe I should have a winner for each category too! I can see it now..."And the award for 'best food' goes to....."! :lmao:

By the end of the trip I just hope my clothes still fit! For those of you who will be there at the same time as me, especially if it is toward the end of my trip...this is what I will look like rolling down Main Street at MK: :rotfl: That's right people!!! I will be rolling down that street with a HUGE smile on my face in Disney food heaven! ;) Now, I'll drink to that! :drinking1

Yay! I'm here and I'm so in! :cool1:

I think this,:rotfl:, is how everyone looks by the second day of their trip :lmao:

I'm so excited for you! I can't believe it's almost time!

You have a lot of "controversial" (;)) ADR's and i'm thrilled to hear about them all!!! Ooh yes, and please talk about any snacks and alcoholic beverages you consume!! popcorn::

HOLLAAAAAA!!!!!!!

You are so close!!! I love your cast of characters! Those are the perfect ages for little guys at Disney (imho)!!!! :yay::yay::woohoo::woohoo:

So, I'm definitely in. I like that you're reviewing them as a countdown, that's very interesting! I'm also interested to hear about a bunch of your ADRs, like Biergarten for sure, and Crystal Palace since we missed ours.

Can't wait to read more about your plans and such!!! :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

Yay! I'm here and I'm so in! :cool1:

I think this,:rotfl:, is how everyone looks by the second day of their trip :lmao:

I'm so excited for you! I can't believe it's almost time!

You have a lot of "controversial" (;)) ADR's and i'm thrilled to hear about them all!!! Ooh yes, and please talk about any snacks and alcoholic beverages you consume!! popcorn::

HAHA!!! I know I have some controversial ones, but I certainly like to judge for myself!! Hey, some people hate Dole whips and I love 'em! Although, I can't understand how someone could hate that...see!! Different opinions!

I will certainly report back on snacks and alcohol too. I'm not all that much of a drinker but I will be enjoying some adult beverages! I definitely plan to have a margarita in Mexico and beer in Germany (the beer was delicious the last time!) at the very least! But we're kind of tempted to visit the Belle Vue Room (the lounge at BW) because it looks like a cute place to hang out (even for the kiddos, seems OK if it's early in the evening) and they take the TIW card!!! :goodvibes

HOLLAAAAAA!!!!!!!

You are so close!!! I love your cast of characters! Those are the perfect ages for little guys at Disney (imho)!!!! :yay::yay::woohoo::woohoo:

So, I'm definitely in. I like that you're reviewing them as a countdown, that's very interesting! I'm also interested to hear about a bunch of your ADRs, like Biergarten for sure, and Crystal Palace since we missed ours.

Can't wait to read more about your plans and such!!! :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

Oh, we're a bunch of characters all right! :lmao: We love to have fun, LOVE to laugh and make other people laugh (even my 3-year-old gets a kick out of making people laugh!), and we're loud, but not obnoxiously so!! We just love having a great time!

Thank you for the compliment about making my reviews a countdown! I'm psyched for this! But of course, I want the trip to go very very slowly too!!

3 weeks from tomorrow we leave. In 27 days we will be at WDW, and in 28 days we will be going to our first theme park!! :woohoo:

I'm in! Looking forward to reading about all those meals popcorn::

Hey!! I'll take some of thaqt popcorn please!! Wait a minute...I can get some for myself at one of the theme parks in a few weeks! :lmao: After I get a Dole whip of course! ;)

Other snacks I'm looking forward to (and hope I have time/room to enjoy!) are school bread in Norway, pastries galore in France, Mickey ice cream bar, pastries from BW Bakery, churro, soft pretzels!! OK, maybe I can skip the popcorn! :rotfl2:

HAHA!!! I know I have some controversial ones, but I certainly like to judge for myself!! Hey, some people hate Dole whips and I love 'em! Although, I can't understand how someone could hate that...see!! Different opinions!

I will certainly report back on snacks and alcohol too. I'm not all that much of a drinker but I will be enjoying some adult beverages! I definitely plan to have a margarita in Mexico and beer in Germany (the beer was delicious the last time!) at the very least! But we're kind of tempted to visit the Belle Vue Room (the lounge at BW) because it looks like a cute place to hang out (even for the kiddos, seems OK if it's early in the evening) and they take the TIW card!!! :goodvibes

I seriously don't get those people that don't like Dole Whips...I mean, there gloriously smooth, light, and refreshing...these "people" obviously don't have refined pallates such as ours! ;)

Do you remember which beer you had in Germany? I love all the belgium beers served at the Rose and Crown pub such as Stella and Hoegaarden! Those are delish! And what kind of margarita do you plan on having??? I must know! :rotfl:

I seriously don't get those people that don't like Dole Whips...I mean, there gloriously smooth, light, and refreshing...these "people" obviously don't have refined pallates such as ours! ;)

Do you remember which beer you had in Germany? I love all the belgium beers served at the Rose and Crown pub such as Stella and Hoegaarden! Those are delish! And what kind of margarita do you plan on having??? I must know! :rotfl:

I had different beers in Germany because we ordered the beer flight!!! Everything was great though! As for margaritas, I always drink them frozen. I like the good old fashioned frozen margarita, but we'll see what I will have when we go. I think La Cava del tequila is calling my name! :rotfl: We have 3 days at Epcot so plenty of time to try some drinks! I also really like wine (preferable white or blush), so maybe I will end up with that at some point too! And DH is a huge fan of Labatt Blue beer (he went to college in Buffalo, NY, very close to Canada!). I'm willing to bet that he will order a Labatt Blue at Le Cellier!

Count me in !!
You have a great line up of ADRs and I love that you are going for the full 'eat, drink and be merry' vibe !!
I love the idea of the reverse countdown, it's like Miss World without the calories :)

Count me in !!
You have a great line up of ADRs and I love that you are going for the full 'eat, drink and be merry' vibe !!
I love the idea of the reverse countdown, it's like Miss World without the calories :)

Oh, on vacation we love to eat, drink and be merry! No calorie-counting or point-counting! It's my annual break from journaling everything I eat. But, I try to exercise on vacation. I work out regularly at home, and I enjoy it, so I try to fit it in on vacation. At WDW, on days we are at the parks, the walking takes the place of a workout. On the other days, I am planning to work out.

Funny story though...last summer we went on vacation to Lancaster County, PA and we took the kids to Hershey Park, Dutch Wonderland, and a bunch of other fun places. We were there for 5 nights. For those of you familiar with the area, you will already know that Lancaster County is famous for its all-you-can-eat smorgasbords of delicious homemade food!! And they use all REAL ingredients, including real butter in everything! I didn't work out on that trip because there was just no room in our hotel room, and we were always on the go anyway. However, I did eat as though I was going to the chair, and managed somehow to gain 7 pounds on a 5-night trip! :scared1: Yes, I am one of those obsessed people who will weigh myself the day I leave for vacation AND the morning after I return! I knew there would be a gain, but wow, 7 pounds in less than a week! I immediately went back to Weight Watchers and working out. After 3 days, I had already lost 5 out of the 7 pounds! Thanks goodness!

One time on an 8-night cruise I gained 9 pounds! But I didn't care about what i was eating because I was trying to get pregnant and knew I was going to gain weight anyway. Poor attitude, I know, but I couldn't help myself, those danish on the deck's buffet just kept calling my name! I guess I didn't care about rolling around the deck like this: :rotfl:

;)

Hahah, Bonnie, I love your TR title! Of course I'm so in!!! ;)

YAY!!! :banana:

It's nice to see you on a different thread than the July 2010 one! I started this because after the trip I still have to enjoy the Disney magic, and I'm sure it will take me a while to get through 16 TS reviews plus CS, snacks and alcohol! :thumbsup2

YAY!!! :banana:

It's nice to see you on a different thread than the July 2010 one! I started this because after the trip I still have to enjoy the Disney magic, and I'm sure it will take me a while to get through 16 TS reviews plus CS, snacks and alcohol! :thumbsup2

I know, I know, I'm always a little late to the party! :lmao: And I am so looking forward to hearing the reviews! Are you going to The Cave at all? I think I've got to try it although DH makes disagreeable noises whenever I suggest we do!

I know, I know, I'm always a little late to the party! :lmao: And I am so looking forward to hearing the reviews! Are you going to The Cave at all? I think I've got to try it although DH makes disagreeable noises whenever I suggest we do!

I'd love to try La Cava...I just don't know if it is right since I will have the boys with me. It seems more for just adults. I will have to check it out and see. If not, we have a lunch at San Angel and I will get a margarita there! :thumbsup2 DH, DSis and DBIL will probably wanna try La Cava though, so we may brave it, even if only for a few moments!!! When we are altogether the first 4 days of our 10-night trip, we have one day at Epcot together. That is the day we are going to Akershus for lunch, and then in the evening we plan to eat around the world, so it would be a great idea to have a nice margarita then! :goodvibes This will also be our third theme park day in a row so by that evening I will probably need some tequila! :lmao: If not, I will be walking back to the room at BWV looking like this: :scared1:

I'd love to try La Cava...I just don't know if it is right since I will have the boys with me. It seems more for just adults. I will have to check it out and see. If not, we have a lunch at San Angel and I will get a margarita there! :thumbsup2 DH, DSis and DBIL will probably wanna try La Cava though, so we may brave it, even if only for a few moments!!! When we are altogether the first 4 days of our 10-night trip, we have one day at Epcot together. That is the day we are going to Akershus for lunch, and then in the evening we plan to eat around the world, so it would be a great idea to have a nice margarita then! :goodvibes This will also be our third theme park day in a row so by that evening I will probably need some tequila! :lmao: If not, I will be walking back to the room at BWV looking like this: :scared1:

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

You can totally TOTALLY hop into La Cava for a margarita to go. The bar is right when you walk in, you just order whatever you like to go! They are so nice and it's a BIG tall glass, not wimpy at all. You must tryyyy!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter