Did you take your 2 yo on Frozen Ever After?

Nutmeg2016

Mouseketeer
Hey Everyone!

I'm wondering if I should take my 2 yo on FEA, or play it safe and leave that one for later trips. In addition to it being a "dark ride", I understand there are a few drops, as well. . .?

I know every child is different, but I'm curious to hear about experiences with 2 year olds and how they did?

Many thanks!

It's the same track as Maelstrom. We took our 3 month old on that. I would have no issues with a 2 year old on Frozen Ever After.

I took my 11 month old and he was fine. 2 yr olds can be funny about what they don't like. My cousin's 2 year old went on Pirates, cried the whole time, and then cried every time they got on another ride that was dark. Be prepared for anything but I bet he/she will be fine.

Hey Everyone!

I'm wondering if I should take my 2 yo on FEA, or play it safe and leave that one for later trips. In addition to it being a "dark ride", I understand there are a few drops, as well. . .?

I know every child is different, but I'm curious to hear about experiences with 2 year olds and how they did?

Many thanks!
We took our 25 month old this past Aug., no issues. If I remember correctly, I held her in my lap.

We took our 20 month old on earlier in the month and he was okay, but my 3 year old niece (just turned 3 before the trip) was scared and cried. She cried about the drop, the fog in the scene with Marshmallow and the Snowgies, and then just kept crying after that (the 2nd drop was not well received!) I think it will depend on your child, but there is the potential for it to be a bit scary. I'd say to try to ride it first yourself to see what you think, but I know that's probably not feasible with the lines being so long and the FastPasses tough to get. If your 2 year old is okay with Pirates, I think Frozen would be fine though.

We took our 15 month old on it and he was fine. The only thing he didn't like is when it was completely dark, he would climb on our laps. This was the same on living with the land, the three amigos etc but it doesn't last long.

My 2 1/2 year old LOVED it. He called it the Olaf ride and kept talking about how he went "whoosh" down the hill. He loved Pirates at the MK, so I figured Frozen would be okay. Had he been afraid of the dark I may have skipped it bc there are some pretty dark parts.

Does your 2 year old know the Frozen Characters? We've taken our kids on the ride when it was the Norwegian themed ride with the "grumpy old trolls" and they were fine. I think now that it is themed with more relatable characters they would be fine on it. My youngest is 8, so a little older, but she is very excited to ride the boat again on our next trip. :)

Thanks again, everyone!

It will be my 2 year old's first WDW trip, but she does have some familiarity with Frozen characters, which hopefully will help. I'll definitely show her the movie before we go, and a youtube video of the attraction (I'm also doing that with other rides, e.g. Peter Pan, Winnie the Pooh, etc).

Looks like it's a relatively short ride (5 min) so if she isn't feeling it, at least it'll be over soon.

On a side note, I'm thinking we probably should keep her off Spaceship Earth. . .? I recall this being a very dark ride with no recognizable characters, plus it's 15 minutes (a long time to be stuck with an upset toddler!).

Thanks again, everyone!

It will be my 2 year old's first WDW trip, but she does have some familiarity with Frozen characters, which hopefully will help. I'll definitely show her the movie before we go, and a youtube video of the attraction (I'm also doing that with other rides, e.g. Peter Pan, Winnie the Pooh, etc).

Looks like it's a relatively short ride (5 min) so if she isn't feeling it, at least it'll be over soon.

On a side note, I'm thinking we probably should keep her off Spaceship Earth. . .? I recall this being a very dark ride with no recognizable characters, plus it's 15 minutes (a long time to be stuck with an upset toddler!).

We took our 27 month old on Spaceship Earth and he was cool. The ride is slow but there were constantly different scenes. My 2yr old is a very active guy too. The worst part about Spaceship Earth was that we got stuck on it and they had to evacuate the ride. What was supposed to be a 15 min experience lasted 45. But luckily we did it late and he was pretty still and falling asleep.

15 months old - loved Frozen EA ride - wanted to climb out of boat and dance with Olaf. Drop is not really a drop (slow). The music was happy, and recognizable.

We did not do spaceship Earth.
Too long, too dark, not recognizable/familiar.

My almost 3-year-old didn't like FEA (and he LOVES the movie), but he acted fine while on it. He just didn't want to ride again. But he happily rode Spaceship Earth 3 times. Kids are crazy.

My two year old rode FEA twice during our trip last month. She loved it. My two year old also rode Spaceship Earth. She didn't love it. She didn't hate it either. She didn't cry, but it wasn't her favorite.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter