Did you regret NOT getting an express pass?

Just got back today. We were there 1/19-1/22. Per Touring Plans (and other sites) crowds were supposed to be low (2/10-3/10.) However, Transformers had a 80m wait, Kong 105m wait, Spiderman 40m wait. I cannot tell you how many times we said to each other that we were so thankful to have the passes. We had waffled about the $300 price difference between CB and RPR and decided that we would spend the $$ for the UEP. It was so worth it. Rather than a 105m wait, we were completely through the ride in 30m. One of my kids was obsessed with Flight of the Hippogriff and while the wait was only 15m, he rode it 4x in those 15m (he would get off, run through the UEP line and be the only one!)

I was skeptical, but I cannot recommend it enough.

Having EP is wonderful........glad to hear you had such a good time, glad you came back to tell us how it went for your family..........:)

For us, it's not about the price or the time. We feel most comfortable at CB. We love the hotel, the pools, the food court. If we really feel we need express for a couple days, I'll book a throwaway room at RPR.

Even with my AP I prefer to have Express Passes when we go during Peak days. If we do go during peak we always say at a deluxe resort, the price of the hotel room is more than worth it to us to skip the longer lines with three younger kids. Rides like Kong, Minions, Even transformers will get long 90+ minutes.. so well worth it to skip that.. Also if you are trying things like wanting to get all 4 drivers on Kong, without Express forget it.

With only two of you and if you are willing to allow your 11yo to ride by herself you can always do single rider but you may and probable will be split up during peak.. and some rides do not offer single rider Minions is one, I don't remember if Kong does or not.

Personally I like the express option.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter