Did you have a good or bad sleep last night?

I turned the light off about 1 a.m and was woken up by a cramp in my calf at 7:15. Always fun, that.

I'm not a good sleeper at all, but I recently bought the Purple Hybrid 4 and I'm sleeping a LOT better now. Man that thing is worth the $$$

*One nostril breathing ten times. It does not matter what nostril you close but do not switch while completing (ie. It is not the same as yogic breathing). Apparently one nostril only balances the brain for sleep.

This is good to know -- I've been doing the alternating nostril thing since the last time I read about this. Where I breathe through one nostril, exhale out the other, breathe in that nostril, exhale out the other. So, just the same nostril, huh?

I don't sleep well for the most part. Haven't in years. I either can't fall asleep, or if I do, I wake up in the middle of the night. On a good night, I'm only up about 30-45 minutes, but I can be up for hours before I fall back asleep sometimes. And once I do fall back asleep, I don't sleep that well. I dream a lot (always have). When people tell me they can't remember their dreams, I'm jealous because that probably means they're sleeping well. I feel like all I do is dream. It would be VERY rare that I couldn't remember at least some parts of some dreams (it's been like that since I was a kid). I sometimes medicate (Klonopin) if I feel like I'm going to have insomnia and I catch it early enough (within an hour after laying down), but I take such a small dose -- 0.5 mg., that it probably isn't enough on a lot of nights, but I don't want to increase it either and become dependent. I have noticed on a lot of nights lately, I'm lucky to sleep about 4 solid hours before waking up, so I guess that plus whatever crap sleep I get the rest of the night/morning is enough to get me through.

Magnesium about a half an hour/an hour before bed also helps. People have a lot to say about cheap/certain forms of magnesium, and prefer the choice of Magnesium Glycinate.

But whatever, not everyone has tons of money. :laughing:

This is good to know -- I've been doing the alternating nostril thing since the last time I read about this. Where I breathe through one nostril, exhale out the other, breathe in that nostril, exhale out the other. So, just the same nostril, huh?

Oh no!

I posted it last time, years back.

Well at least you are super relaxed! :laughing::drinking1

Yes one nostril only inhale - exhale ten times, no switching sides.

🙁👎🏼
Went to bed at 11:00pm
DD18 woke me up at midnight to say she’s home
Woke up at 2:30am
Woke up at 4:45am
Alarm rang at 7:00am

Feeling sluggish today - I hate that feeling

Did not fall asleep until after 1:00 a,m. Grand pup was with us this weekend and he woke me up at 3:00. I need to go out with him, because you can hear coyotes and owls and I have seen both take out other animals. Grand pup decided to go sleep in the bed that my daughter sleeps in when her family is here, so I joined him, because my husband was snoring super loud. My dog came looking for me at 6:30, left both dogs out again, went back to bed until after 8. I missed church on tv, so I found one on my IPad. Super tired now.

I shouldn't have read this thread yesterday. I'm jinxed myself and had a worse night than usual, lol. I didn't fall asleep until around 1:30 (went to bed at 10:00 <-- like I do every night) and then slept very lightly/restlessly for less than 4 hours and I've been up since. Awful.

I was so busy yesterday, didn't get to bed until about 2:30 AM, and got only a few hours. Since I got so much sleep on Saturday, I don't feel like a wreck. I'll head to Nod-land early tonight.

Uh, didn't sleep well at all. I've been closely exposed to Covid and had an anxiety attack that lasted pretty much all night. The sick people live with me and are going to urgent care later on today to be tested formally. The home tests were positive. I don't *think* I'll get really, really sick but of course you never know.

So tired after the grand kids spending the night Saturday.
Went to sleep at 9.....woke up at 11 when my phone rang.....DS. He didn't mean too. His phone was acting up and did it one its own :rolleyes:
Took awhile to get back to sleep because it isn't good news when the phone rings here that late, so had to calm down.
Finally back to sleep and then woke up at 3:00 when DH's CPAP came undone and made a lot of noise.
Just dosed and got up at 4:30.

Have not slept well or for more than a few hours since I had my kids. For many years I said, "if I could buy/pay for sleep, I would". For many years I also started work at 4 and 5 am. I would wake up earlier and earlier for work.

Even taking something here and there a few times a week is not a great night but better than not taking anything.

I have tried Melatonin, NyQuil, ZQuil, Benadryl, Tylenol PM, Wine, CBD oil (?) and Kirkland Sleeping pills. The Kirkland sleeping pills help the best. I try to take 1/2 a pil a few times a week and alternate with the other items mentioned here and there. I take B12 - blood work is good. I did try Magnesium once. I thought it bothered my stomach, I should try it again. I also wonder if I should ask my doctor about smoking pot would put me to sleep - as a last resort but then I worry about lunch cancer :( - but it stinks too even if I was willing to try it. Don't want to be addicted to anything so afraid to try anything.

I can't fall asleep and don't stay asleep for long :( - There are days that I am totally exhausted from babysitting the grandchildren and being up early. You would think I would sleep. I get my 3 hours and then I wake up. I force myself to stay in bed but sometimes give up and get up at 3 am. I wake up with my eyes red, burning and have a hard time keeping them open during the day. The sun or bright lights bother me. Sometimes I have a headache all day. I tell everyone that I will have a stroke someday. It is just bad. The doctor wanted to give me Ambien years ago and I did not take them. He wanted me to go for a sleep apnea test too but I never went.

The only time I get an extra few hours of sleep is when we are away - and that usually starts to happen towards the end of the vacation. Could be a bad routine over the years.

Not that great really, I had a sleep score of 76. I came to bed late because I was SO wide awake last night after being all tired and sleepy all weekend. I ended up getting up after DH left for work, he woke me up and I figured I might as well get up. I haven't been tired or anything today.

Not the worst. I could've done without my neighbor making loud noises in his driveway at 5:30am and would've loved to sleep past 6, but at least it cooled off enough to be comfortable last night.

Terrible sleeper. Always was. Fairly newly diagnosed R.A. doesn't help for sure.
I do find that 'occasionally' one of products (we have several in the medicine chest) containing Melatonin 10 mg. help). Antihistamines sometimes work but normally dry eyes suffer greatly with them. Excedrin PM doesn't seem to work anymore though, even for DH. (He worked swing shift for many years).
We both are bad sleepers. I envy good sleepers. Sigh.

Dr. is VERY reluctant to prescribe sleeping pills to seniors (I'm one) so I never had and don't ask anymore. I find that ridiculous, Tempted to change Dr.

Not good. I'm on day 4 now of less than 5 hours of sleep. Been up at 3:30am the last 4 mornings, unable to go back to sleep.

Stupid hormones.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter