Did we do everything? WDW June 29 - July 10

TexasPrincess1

Mouseketeer
Okay, I know we didn't do everything, but it felt like we did everything that we wanted to do.

Buena Vista Palace:
We booked the Buena Vista Palace through United Vacations back in February. I knew it was under construction, so it was a pleasant surprise to see how well done and how far along the hotel was when we arrived. Right now, the pool still needs work, and apparently they are still doing many of the upper floors. Our room was recently renovated and it had a lovely lake view from the balcony on the 12th floor. We only heard construction once when we slept in. The noise started around 10:30am. Customer service was good across the board. Everyone was friendly and prompt. We had room service for breakfast 2 times and dinner once. The food was yummy. We ate in the restaurant in the lobby for dinner once after returning from the parks hungry. I ate a giant meatball! It really could be for two people.

Happy Limo:
It was nice to have the grocery store stop. We probably did our whole shop in ten minutes. Service was good. I appreciated having the help with the luggage. The cars both ways were new and fresh. I tipped in cash. I could tell that was appreciated.

United Club in Houston:
Nice view, not yummy food. Top floor was the least crowded. The soup was the best part of the meal.

First Night - Magic Kingdom:
After dropping our things at the hotel, we went straight to magic kingdom for the evening. We took the hotel shuttle. The shuttle supposedly comes every half an hour on the first floor. The lobby is on the third floor. We didn't initially realize that we could just take the elevator down to the shuttle area. It is based a small disney store in the hotel. We decided early on in our trip to take taxis instead of waiting in the humidity for shuttles. It was worth the cost to us to have door to door service. We tried Uber a couple of times. It was fine, except you have to wait for the car. Taxis were usually waiting.

We rode the train to fantasyland, then we did the race cars. We had a fast pass to space mountain, but I was worried we would be late to the dessert party, so we skipped it. We arrived at the dessert party around 8:30pm. There was already a line. It was good that we got in line when we did because we were able to get a wonderful table right under tinkerbell on the railing. Desserts were sweet. Nothing really stood out as amazing. We enjoyed the cheese and crackers. I liked the hot chocolate. We had a great view of Wishes. We then headed to fantasyland to ride seven dwarfs mine train. So nice to have fastpasses for it. I also am glad we had memorymaker to capture all the pictures. We rode the ferry back. There was a crowd. We had to wait. Again with the humidity.

Day 2 - June 30 - Magic Kingdom.
We had a PPO ADR at BOG. The big advantage was getting in line for seven dwarves mine train before the park opened. We were second in line and on the first train of the day. The first hour of the day in fantasy land was pretty much walk on to any ride that we tried to do. We got way more done then I even expected to do. I felt dizzy from the teacups. My kiddo's favorite ride after mine train was barnstormer and then dumbo.

We did lunch at Tony's because I got the package for the electrical parade. I was pleasantly surprised by the food after reading so many negative reviews. I specifically stayed clear of anything with a red sauce. The waiter was great. The tiramasu that I ate there was my favorite dessert in all of disney on this trip. I had the fish. Yum! It ended up raining in the evening so we left the park and missed the parade. Oh well. Cest la vie. We really did a lot on our first day in Magic Kingdom. Dinner was also at BOG. It was really good. I also had fish. My kiddo really liked the steak.

To Be Continued...

The second day was at Animal Kingdom. We had a PPO ADR at Tusker House. I liked the food a lot. I vote that the best breakfast that I had on the trip. It got us right in line for Safari. We were on the first truck.

We again had to deal with a rainy evening so we left before the jungle book show. It was just as well since we were pretty tired from doing so much. We managed fine with our ponchos. We ate at Tiffins, which I thought everything was delicious. We had a little disney magic. We received a piece of disney art and history at the end of the meal. It will be a treasured souvenir. Lunch was at Yak and Yeti. We received special attention from the manager for being landry's select members. Strange to have paper straws at animal kingdom.

July 2nd - Epcot. We slept in a bit as recovery from our trip so far. We managed to do half of the front part of Epcot. We did the behind the Seeds tour. It rained while we were in the land. It was nice to be dry. We ended up eating lunch there, too. It was okay. Healthier food options in the food court. Crowded. We walked around the world showcase. Frozen Ever After wasn't working. We ate in Norway. The line was a little confusing. We also ate in France, Morocco, and England. All yummy food. Lots of walking.

We had a really excellent illuminations viewing spot right at the railing in the UK outdoor seating. We ate our food while we were waiting for the last 30 minutes. We snuck out the international gateway exit. We took a shuttle to Disney Springs from the Beach Club. It was less walking than to the front of epcot. We then decided to go to Goodings supermarket via taxi to get a few more things. It was about $10 each way. We stocked up mainly on drinks and snacks. Goodings is open 24 hours a day. Friendly checker.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter