• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Did room stays used to include a water park or ESPN option? And luggage tags?

Perhaps my memory is failing me, but I have a couple of tickets from years ago that are for one's choice of ESPN or a water park visit. For the life of me, I can't remember if these were part of the "extras" that were given when one was staying at a Disney hotel? I have a vague memory of receiving these for on property stays. And luggage tags also used to be sent to one's home before the vacation began, correct?

These tickets were from the early 2000's. Can anyone clarify if I am remembering this correctly?
If they are unused admission media they are still good but need to be replaced. WDW ticketing had me email the ticket pic to them then uploaded new one to MDE that now include waterpark admission/mini golf as alternative

ESPN Zone coupon, free rounds of mini golf (before 4 pm), and DisneyQuest. They were, and still are, part of buying package. They still give the coupon packet (it's down to mini-goilf only) and complimentary luggage tags, but they rarely mail them anymore. You get them at the hotel. Either they'll attached them to the door or you have to go and ask for them at the front desk.
I received mine in the mail last week for my trip that is in 9 days

We received 50th anniversary tags under the door on the second day of the trip. I always put the discount card in my wallet because it is usable at Joffreys. I forget what percentage it is, but it doesn't cost anything to carry in my wallet.

When we first began going to Disney in 1993, you could purchase the "length of stay" pass--at the time named "Be Our Guest Pass". It entitled you to entry to all theme parks, water parks, Pleasure Island, Disney Quest and was park hopper. It was truly all inclusive and unlimited with regard to admission to the parks/DQ/PI/Water Parks. Now if you bought the room/tickets as a package, they also threw in the WWoS ticket along with mini-golf and/or 9 holes at one of the minor courses--one per each guest.

These tickets were available for many years and once those were no longer an option we opted for APs. I really can't remember which year they LoS passes ended. They sure were convenient.

I remember getting magic bands and luggage tags with the coupons (booked through AAA) back in the day…

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter