Did not like Princess Storybook Bkfst

Sorry you didnt like it...we did this breakfast twice..both at 8:35 am and the food was awesome! I will agree about the servers..the waiters do not smile or laugh or anything!

We actually had a great server there in Dec 2007.

Benedicte (I even remember her name) heard our daughter say she forgot to get Belle's autograph in the excitement of getting the posed picture, so she took DD4 by the hand and took her back out to Belle to get the autograph! :goodvibes

We took her picture with our happy DD and included it in our scrapbook since she saved the day!.

We have eaten there many times and always enjoyed it. On the flip side, we have eaten at 1900 PF for dinner twice and been disappointed both times- both by the food selection/quality and the interaction (we were seated in the way back room or behind a plant and not able to see the dancing/introductions).

we have loved Akershus breakfast both times we did it. I felt more rushed at CRT breakfast. I thought the food was very good at Akershus and the princesses spent enough time with us. We'll definitely do it again - we may try dinner there as well.

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience. We enjoyed the Breakfast a lot. I thought the eggs, bacon, sausage and potatoes were yummy yummy and I also got lots of good rolls and fruit from the buffet. Mother and I agreed that it was probably the best meal we had on our December trip. We're going again on June 16th and can't wait!

Our server was also incredibly nice and smiled and asked us a lot of questions about were we were from. The Princess came by and spent around 3-4 minutes at each table, they took pics with my mom and I and signed our autograph books. Everything was great.

Are the pastry rolls served to the table or only at the buffet? Are the cinnamon rolls freshly made or are they a little dried out as well as the other pastries? I am having a very hard time decided on doing Breakfast here (trying to keep it safe) or doing the dinner for a more adventurous outing! I would hate to pay $$$$ for just some eggs that are OK. Does anyone have any good pictures of the Buffet portion with the breakfast foods offered?

We did dinner here on our last trip, and it's the one we WON'T be going back to. The food was ok, the interaction with the princesses was great, service was horrible.

Are the pastry rolls served to the table or only at the buffet? Are the cinnamon rolls freshly made or are they a little dried out as well as the other pastries? I am having a very hard time decided on doing Breakfast here (trying to keep it safe) or doing the dinner for a more adventurous outing! I would hate to pay $$$$ for just some eggs that are OK. Does anyone have any good pictures of the Buffet portion with the breakfast foods offered?

The pastries were only on the buffet, the only things that were served to the table were the eggs, bacon and sausage, and the potatos.

Sorry, I don't recall seeing the cinnamon rolls! It seems to me that the pastries were refrigerated and we were there for the first seating in the am so they were probably taken from the fridge and placed on the buffet, hence my impression that they were cold.

Again, I did not see the cinnamon rolls so I can't comment on their freshness.

I chose the breakfast to be "safe" like you said, and while the food was ok maybe another meal would have more food for the $$$.

Hope that helps!

I just wanted to add, that while I though the food was decent, I found the ambience to be terrible. It was dark and cold feeling IMO. I also found the princesses to be in an awful hurry, but i just assumed that it was because we were later in the morning and they were ready to get off shift!! I won't say we'll never go back, but next trip we will probably try something else.

I think it is so interesting to hear such opposite opinions of the same meal!

I have to think that my opinion was very much colored by the cost of the meal. None of the food was "bad", although I did not care for the bacon and sausage which is often the case when I eat out for some reason. The potato casserole was ok, the fruit and cheese were fine, I did think the danish and breads were not fresh but they were not horrible or bad tasting, the eggs were very tasty and hot...

However, we were not on the dining plan and I think that $30 per person over the age of 9 was ridiculous and I just kept thinking I am paying $140 for my family basically to eat a plate of scrambled eggs! Maybe we are just buffet people and I was just expecting something different. Even at the Cinderella castle meal there was French toast as well as eggs if I recall correctly. This meal just seemed to have too little of a variety of food. If they added pancakes/waffles/french toast it would have helped. Maybe even a waffle station where they make fresh waffles would have been nice.

Don't get me wrong, we all left feeling full (maybe it was the 3 plates of eggs that we ate!!) but certainly not worth the $$$ even with the photos and the princesses.

I think that the price of the breakfast is no where near justified by what you are eating. Most of what you are paying for is location, and eating with the Princess. When you go to Disney you have to understand that. I can't imagine what kind of breakfast food would be worth $30 a person.

But I'm kind of crazy that way when I go to Disney. Heck, I've even paid to eat breakfast in the Castle, only to have my sis shove a video camera into my hands and tell me to start filming her kids. My reply was "Fine, but you are feeding me when we get out of here." :rotfl2: Its Disney. I usually don't go to character meals for the food, but to see the joy on the kid's faces.

We did the Princess breakfast at Norway a couple years ago. And I must say it was one of my favorites . We all enjoyed the food, and the Princess gave the kids a lot of attention. The experience was worth the money, not the eggs and bacon.

DD and I did the Akershus breakfast in February and didn't enjoy the food too much either. I didn't think the whole meal justified the price we paid for her and I, but it was not a bad experience for one time I guess. It's a character meal we would probably not return to unless we have the DDP.

I didn't mind the princesses coming around just 1 time though, that's enough for us if the restaurant is busy they have to make their way to each and every table.

We're going back in Feb. and I thought about taking the girls to this. We did the CRT bfast last June, and the food was SO BAD. I mean, really gross. (We also did the CRT b-fast in 2005 and 2006, and it was so much worse this time.)

We did the Norway Princess B-fast back in 2002 and 2003, and really loved the food both times, but there was no buffet then. I remember LOVING the potatoes. Too bad that it has all gotten to be so much more mechanical with the characters, too. It's like an HMO now. Get em in and get em out ;-)

It just goes to show you that you need to definatly try things for yourself because for every post that says they hated something there is another that loved it. I'm sorry you didn't like Akershurs. We absolutly loved it. We went first thing in the am and were the 3rd family seated. My favorite part of the meal was some of the pastries. We had the same thing 2 days later at CM and they were horrible, dry and stale. My DH even loved this meal and said we would definatly go back. Now 1900 PF he said he wouldn't go to again if it was free. The food was horrible, where they had us seated we could see nothing but the people waiting for the cafe running in to take pics, and the characters barely stopped at our table. But others love that place so who knows.

Now the characters here were probably the least rushed out of all our character meals that trip. I know at CP we left without seeing some and the few we did see barely stood still to take a pic. But when I had gone in 96 with my family I remember the characters literally being dragged off of me, I was 19 and for some reason Pluto had a thing for me LOL. None of it was like it was then and it was a little sad.

One thing that might help those who felt rushed...When we went we got the VERY FIRST ADR of the day - prior to park opening. We were the first family pictured with Belle and seated. ALL the characters were so relaxed and 'fresh' - I highly recommend it.

i went in 2006 and found the food to be gruesome. I knew then that I would not return.

I could tell that the day was not an off day for the food but just not what i or my dd would want to eat

We went in 2007 and the food was decent, not bad, not outstanding just good food. We did get to see all of the characters at least once and honestly I never thought about seeing any of the characters twice. In fact at Character meals where a character has come to our table more than once I've reminded them that they have been to our table so they can visit with another family who hasn't met them yet. I just don't need the character interaction more than once a meal. But that's just me. I have been dissapointed once at CP when we did not get to meet all the characters. Not sure what happened that morning. It is clear that you are paying for the princesses at Akerhus. I'd reccomend CP or CM for more variety at a cheaper rate.

We went back in oh... 2004 or 2005 (I'm pretty sure it was '04) before it had the princesses. We were there for an early lunch, right after it opened and we certainly didn't need ADRs as we were essentailly the only ones there... during SPRING BREAK!

We had gone up to the buffet a couple of times to get some of the cold food choices, it was ok. But that was it... yet it wasn't. Not once did our waitress give us anything on ordering anything from a menu, NOTHING. We paid a lot for some slices of deli meat, cheese and fruit. What we ate was ok but since no one told us about it until we had to read about it on here, the experience has been tainted for us for a while.

Does anyone know if they serve Fresh Cinnamon Rolls? I thought I saw someone post something about wonderful cinnamon rolls. That just might make the breakfast worth the trip (beside the Princesses of course)!

Just got this ADR tonight with 5 minutes before Dining closed. I've been trying for about 2 weeks since we just planned this trip out of the blue since DD4 said she wanted to go back to WDW one night. After seeing the reviews I'm a little concerned but even if the food is awful (which i doubt it will be) as long as DD4 gets to take a picture with the Princesses it will be worth the time and effort put into getting this ADR.

Just got this ADR tonight with 5 minutes before Dining closed. I've been trying for about 2 weeks since we just planned this trip out of the blue since DD4 said she wanted to go back to WDW one night. After seeing the reviews I'm a little concerned but even if the food is awful (which i doubt it will be) as long as DD4 gets to take a picture with the Princesses it will be worth the time and effort put into getting this ADR.

Then I predict you will have an AWESOME time. I don't get the criticism all over the boards for these meals. I have never had a bad meal at CRT. Yes, $150 is a bit high for a family's plate of eggs, but if you look at it that way, you shouldn't be there.

And yes, the Norgegian food at Akershus is hard for me to get excited about. I'm pretty picky.... But I found something I liked, added a great salad, and had a great time.

Kudos to you for your perserverance!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter