Did Disney World kill my Iphone Battery?

vwlfan

DIS Veteran
I think not. But it has not been the same since I got back this past Tuesday. I have tried all the strategies I know and figure that it (3GS) may have run its course. In the resort and parks, in the airport and everywhere since I can just look at the battery and watch it turn red.

Any opinions why?

Should I get a new battery for it or nurse it until the Iphone 5 comes out?

Lithium Polymer batteries have a life span of around 18 months. That actual time will vary with recharge and discharge cycles Once the life starts to dwindle, the phone will appear to discharge rapidly.

Have you tried killing all of the apps? I just learned about this the other day. If you hit the home button 2 times it will show you all of the apps that are running in the background using your battery. Hold one of them down and then they should start shaking and have a - sign. Hit the - sign to close each app. Hope this helps!

If you lock your iphone while still in a app that will drain your iphone. Also some apps may drain your battery faster than others like if i use my weather app it doesn't effect it that bad but if i am on Facebook even once it drains it very fast.

I've been having battery draining issues for the past few months. I have a 3G (the 3GS came out a week after I got mine and I took the money instead of switching over to the new version). I find that is is draining faster than usual, but don't want to get a new phone just yet. I bought a battery charger from AT&T that saved me while at Disneyland. It charges an external battery that you plug into your phone. It then charges the phone within a few minutes. I really like it and found it to solve any issue I had while out and about. The neat thing is that you can use the one wire to charge both the battery and phone so I just plugged them in overnight and was ready the next morning.

Also, make sure you turn off WiFi, push notifications, etc. These all drain your battery substantially. Similarly, don't leave an application running. Go back to the home screen before the phone goes to sleep.

Good luck!

I didn't know that there was an external battery charger. Will definitely check that out as well as try all the other suggestions. Curiously it seems "better" now.

I would like to get the Iphone 5 when it is available. Here is another question... since I am upgrading from the 3GS is it a full price charge?

Again thank so much. Everyone is so helpful on the DIS boards. Hope to return the help in kind.

Thanks fir the iPhone advice. As an iPhone newbie I need all the help I can get :)

Have you tried killing all of the apps? I just learned about this the other day. If you hit the home button 2 times it will show you all of the apps that are running in the background using your battery. Hold one of them down and then they should start shaking and have a - sign. Hit the - sign to close each app. Hope this helps!

Wow! Thanks for this! I didn't realize how many apps I had running in the background!

I didn't know that there was an external battery charger. Will definitely check that out as well as try all the other suggestions. Curiously it seems "better" now.

I would like to get the Iphone 5 when it is available. Here is another question... since I am upgrading from the 3GS is it a full price charge?

Again thank so much. Everyone is so helpful on the DIS boards. Hope to return the help in kind.

Depends on how long you have had the phone. After two years, you can keep your old one since you will have to pay full price for your new one. If you are allowed to upgrade early, you will only have to pay a portion.

I will upgrade, but they will not allow an early upgrade. So I will upgrade under my son's eligibility, give him my old 3GS and get the 5. It'll have enough for what he needs. Just switfch out the sim cards.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter