• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Diamond Celebration: 24 Hour Event @ Disneyland Resort May 22-23!

I have Blue Bayou reservations for Fantasmic!. Will the parade March by this area, since it is right before? If not, is it possible to view the parade and still see Fantasmic!?

Same question for the fireworks. Can I see the castle from that area?

I just made Blue Bayou reservations for midnight during the 24 hour event. It will be our first time ever eating there! :woohoo:

It just popped in my head so thought I'd ask so I'd have some idea ~ I'm getting to the parks probably around 9 or so. Anybody who's done the 24 hour before, do you think they'd still be lockers then either inside or in front?

I have Blue Bayou reservations for Fantasmic!. Will the parade March by this area, since it is right before? If not, is it possible to view the parade and still see Fantasmic!? Same question for the fireworks. Can I see the castle from that area?
The parade route does not go by the Fantasmic! viewing area. Nor can you see the castle from the Fantasmic! viewing area. The parade does go by the castle. I highly doubt you'd be able to see the parade and then F!, especially on the 24-hour day. The first showing of the parade is at 8:50 pm and F! is at 9:00 pm, so 10 minutes is not enough.

It just popped in my head so thought I'd ask so I'd have some idea ~ I'm getting to the parks probably around 9 or so. Anybody who's done the 24 hour before, do you think they'd still be lockers then either inside or in front?
Last year the only had the lockers in the Espalande and over in DCA open (the DL ones were not available due to the temporary re-location of First Aid). I know the jumbo and large lockers ran out early in the Esplanade, but I think the small ones lasted a little longer (mid-morning).

Last year the only had the lockers in the Espalande and over in DCA open (the DL ones were not available due to the temporary re-location of First Aid). I know the jumbo and large lockers ran out early in the Esplanade, but I think the small ones lasted a little longer (mid-morning).

Thanks! I think small would be fine. I'm just coming down w/ a small backpack and would rather go straight to the parks from the airport vs the hotel then the parks.

Just curious as I've been reading different things... but my sister and i will be there for the 22-23 and were wondering does the Southern California Citypass will actually get us into the 24 hour event?

Just curious as I've been reading different things... but my sister and i will be there for the 22-23 and were wondering does the Southern California Citypass will actually get us into the 24 hour event?
Sure will! The city pass is just like a regular ticket, and you only need a normal ticket to get into the 24 event. It will only count as one day admission as well.

Sure will! The city pass is just like a regular ticket, and you only need a normal ticket to get into the 24 event. It will only count as one day admission as well.
That shouldn't be a problem as it gives you tree days worth of admission, so I was never worried there! But thank you!

Thanks for posting that link, Angrose!

So I'm wondering if we have 9 pm F! fast passes, will we be able to see the fireworks from there, too? Sounds as though fireworks are going to be visible from everywhere. I just don't want to miss them. It sounds like they are going to be really amazing, and I'm wondering if anyone has inside info as to where the best place will be to watch them. Anyone know?

I think there are going to be a lot of moms traveling on moms-getaway trips for the 24 hr. I know I will be!

Hotels are definitely getting scarce! I've never stayed at th Anabella, but it looks nice and I know a lot of people on this board really like it.

Thanks for posting that link, Angrose!

So I'm wondering if we have 9 pm F! fast passes, will we be able to see the fireworks from there, too? Sounds as though fireworks are going to be visible from everywhere. I just don't want to miss them. It sounds like they are going to be really amazing, and I'm wondering if anyone has inside info as to where the best place will be to watch them. Anyone know?

I think there are going to be a lot of moms traveling on moms-getaway trips for the 24 hr. I know I will be!

Hotels are definitely getting scarce! I've never stayed at th Anabella, but it looks nice and I know a lot of people on this board really like it.

They will be using the projection screens from Fantasmic for the fireworks according to the most recent DIS podcast.

Trying to schedule with my wife how we're going to see all 4 events

So I just conferred with my partners in crime, and we are going to stake out a spot that will work for both the parade and the fireworks, and when those shows have ended, we will scoot over to ROA for the 10:45 fantasmic. I called dining and made sure our F! Fast passes would be for 10:45. That will work.

I'm going alone, so if anyone wants to hang out for some of the 24 hours :)

Myself, my husband, and my almost 20 yr old daughter will be be there. Just not sure about our schedule, since the info seems so not final yet. But we would love to have your company! PM me and and we can see if we can arrange something as it gets closer. We are just so unsure of our schedule, because we don't know what the crowds will be like and if we can handle them. But we can talk by pm and exchange some info and see if we can meet up when it gets closer. I just think we might fly by the seat of our pants based on crowds, but if we can meet up and hang out, that would be great with us. Our daughter can have someone other than her parental units to hang with.

I just saw a link to a special T-Shirt for the event (Picture of Dopey with Diamonds, that says "Staying up 24 Hrs. makes me Dopey"), but now I can't find it, does anybody know where it went? I'm sure it is in some thread I am missing... Also I believe it was for adults, is there a children's shirt too or is that not available yet?

Last edited:
I just saw a link to a special T-Shirt for the event (Picture of Dopey with Diamonds, that says "Staying up 24 Hrs. makes me Dopey"), but now I can't find it, does anybody know where it went? I'm sure it is in some thread I am missing... Also I believe it was for adults, is there a children's shirt too or is that not available yet?

Here you go! :) I have not seen anything for kids.

http://www.disneystore.com/mp/1375920/1001081/?CMP=DTPM-CMR&att=PARKS_Diamond_4.13_DLRAP

They don't seem to offer very many pre-sale/pre-order shirts in kids sizes. Neither of the pre-sales for the 24-hours shirts (DLR or WDW) are offering kids sized.

I talked to dining last night and so far they have fantasmic scheduled for 9:00, Fireworks at 9:25 and world of color at 9:00 and 10:15. No middle of the night woc show, unless they release this info later to dining. We were hoping for the breakfast woc deal like they had last year, but as of right now, no. Trying to decide if we go for big meals for reserve seating or go with the flow and just eat every 2 hours and get what we get. We love the snacks and don't want to be too full from the bigger meals. Decisions, Decisions. Hoping that they do add another WOC in the middle of the night. All those people at shows at the same time will be crazy.

Any idea what time the parade will be?

My guess (and note that it's only a guess) is that the park probably won't experience capacity closures until late afternoon at the earliest. The lower two levels of APs are blocked and folks do have to go to work and school. The new shows won't debut until nighttime, so my guess is that if capacity is reached, it won't be early in the day or for a really long period. At Christmas time, when capacity is frequently reached, it happens earlier in the day because everyone (well, a lot of people) are off from work/school the whole day. So, I think if you got back to DL before 3:00 pm or so, you should be okay. If you waited until just before your ADR, around 6:00 pm, then I think you have a bigger chance of running into capacity issues.

One other option is to monitoring social media and see if anyone is reporting that they've suspended ticket sales. That's usually the first thing they do when the park is approaching capacity. If you hear that is happening, then head back to the park as soon as possible. I don't know if Disneyland itself would post that they've suspended ticket sales, but I'm pretty sure it would show up on some social media platform by folks waiting in line to buy tickets.

Let's say they close it, if you have ADR won't they let you in?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter