Diabetic dessert party?

sparklemom

Mouseketeer
Forgive me if this is a crazy question, but has anyone ever arranged a non-dessert snack at the Wishes Dessert Party? DH is non-insulin-dependent diabetic. He has to eat VERY low carb -- 45g or under per meal -- because he can't balance out the extra sugars with injected insulin. Even fresh fruit exceeds this limit pretty quickly. However, we would love to take the kids to the party as a special treat for DD's birthday. DH is a pretty good sport about having to pass up the sweet treats, but it's a bit much to pay $25 to eat nothing. Anyone have experience with requesting a low carb option?

It never hurts to ask, of course, but I am not sure what they would be able to do - since this event is set up kind of like a catered party, they don't bring the items straight out from a kitchen and put them on the buffet, more like unload them from cabinets and boxes where they have arrived from elsewhere, and place them out on the trays.

We went once, and I am a type-I diabetic so I remember that they had sugar-free chocolate mousse, and a couple of other options of the NSA/low-sugar type, but probably none of them really low-carb except maybe the mousse which was kind of like jello sugar-free pudding. I mostly ate fruit that night since I don't care for chocolate in general.

They would, however, not have any problem with you bringing in a non-carb snack for your husband to enjoy while the rest of y'all had desserts. I know this is not really a great solution since they'd charge him anyway, but it may end up being the only answer if they can't accomodate you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter