• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

detroit airport

sparkles_grrl

Mouseketeer
Hey all! I am travelling to VEgas on monday and flying out of the detroit, they say the wait times can be up to 3 hours. We are flying out at 7:30am. anyone ever travelled that early in the morning from detroit? how busy is it?

thanks!

Hey all! I am travelling to VEgas on monday and flying out of the detroit, they say the wait times can be up to 3 hours. We are flying out at 7:30am. anyone ever travelled that early in the morning from detroit? how busy is it?

thanks!

Wait times for what ? (the border or airport security ?)

sorry about that, airport security

The wait times are a lot longer leaving Vegas than Detroit. Security check points at Detroit slow us down for no more than 15 minutes on any airline we have taken. (Spirit, Southwest and Northwest).

Detroit is fast, Vegas is slow and can cause up to a 1/2 delay getting through.

Gary

We flew from Detroit March 7th at 1:30pm and security was a breeze. Line was short and fast!
Have a great trip.

Love flying through/from Detroit. Never more than 15 mins (usually less early in the morning in our experience).

We flew out of Detroit in January early morning and when the line-up got too long they opened more security lines on the 2nd floor (Northwest terminal) and sent the end of the line up there - we were through in less than 5 minutes.

We flew out of Detroit on a 6:30 am flight last October. Security was fast and easy - even with 3 kids in tow. The only issue for us was that the Southwest check in desk did not open until 5:30 am, so we waited a while. But everything went off without a hitch.

if we are flying out of detroit, to orlando do we HAVE to have passports?
my TA told me that we don't {HAVE} to have them but it does make it easier.
has anyone flown out of detroit without passports in the past month?
I have all the kids Identification as well as an affidavit from my husband (who is not going on the trip with us, he has to work) that is commissioned from our mpp office. Any imput I would greatly appreciate.

You shouldn't need passports for a domestic flight. Crossing the border to get to Detroit I've seen officers get a little testy about people without passports, but at the airport itself you shouldn't have any issues.

You shouldn't need passports for a domestic flight. Crossing the border to get to Detroit I've seen officers get a little testy about people without passports, but at the airport itself you shouldn't have any issues.

Government photo id is ok for domestic flights within the USA however having a passport just makes travelling so much easier.

Gary

Government photo id is ok for domestic flights within the USA however having a passport just makes travelling so much easier.

I completely agree that it makes travelling much easier, but in my experience it's still far from needed to fly domestically within the USA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter