Dessert Party Reservations

Just to confirm...........can we book the dessert parties at midnight?

Has anyone booked a party beyond Sept. 9th yet (due to staying onsite)? Tomorrow is our ADR day, and I just wondered if reservations have opened for that week yet. Should I try booking at midnight tonight or not?? :confused3

Has anyone booked a party beyond Sept. 9th yet (due to staying onsite)? Tomorrow is our ADR day, and I just wondered if reservations have opened for that week yet. Should I try booking at midnight tonight or not?? :confused3
It looks like they opened dates through 9/11.

Thanks! I can confirm that you can book these parties at midnight (I posed the question above). We saw availability for all of our dates, but we ended up booking 9/14. Did the August dates open up yet?

Thanks! I can confirm that you can book these parties at midnight (I posed the question above). We saw availability for all of our dates, but we ended up booking 9/14. Did the August dates open up yet?
I checked this morning again. Nothing from August 12th until august 30th (not sure about 31st, i never check this :) )

Reactions: CJK
Mid to end of August Dessert Party reservations are LIVE!

I finally lost my patience and chatted with a CM yesterday (who was apologetic but completely unhelpful) and then wrote a "get your stuff together, either someone messed up or there's a glitch..or you need to let the public know there are no parties those weeks" email to Disney yesterday afternoon. I wonder if it actually got to someone or is a coincidence that they finally opened up!? Either way....I'll take it! :)

If they ever release the late august dates, I still hesitate between the treat&seats, the pre and after party :/
Dessert Party just released for late August. I'm in for the pre-party. I prefer the Plaza Garden view (plus it's cheaper than Treats & Seats). I also like the "fireworks anticipation" of doing the pre-party.

Dessert Party just released for late August. I'm in for the pre-party. I prefer the Plaza Garden view (plus it's cheaper than Treats & Seats). I also like the "fireworks anticipation" of doing the pre-party.
I finaly decided on the seats&treats.
We are doing MNSSHP the day before and will try to stay for EEH after the fireworks so I might be happy to be seated :D

I finaly decided on the seats&treats.
We are doing MNSSHP the day before and will try to stay for EEH after the fireworks so I might be happy to be seated :D
Great decision. I'm sure you'll love it! I did the Treats & Seats over NYE and was very happy for the seating due to the late night.

I've done all three....
  • Treats and Seats
    • Pro: If you've seen the show before and would rather have a seat throughout the show, Treats and Seats is for you. You can also continue to enjoy you beverages and snacks
    • I also found it easier to exit after the fireworks, you can head right into Tomorrowland if you plan on doing more attractions.
    • Con: Your view is off center and not directly in front of the castle so you don't get the best view of the projections.
  • Pre-party
    • Pro: Great view of castle (view is spot on).
    • Pro: Great option if you want to enjoy attractions after the fireworks.
    • Con: Standing room only, so you'll have to maneuver a bit to get a full view.
    • Con: Getting out of the viewing area can be a pain
  • Post-party
    • Cons: Same as pre-party
    • Usually pick this option if I'm attending after hours events....allows for me to enjoy my desserts while the crowds exit.
    • Great option if you want to relax a bit after the fireworks and let the crowds dissipate, not a great option if you want to ride attractions after the fireworks.
Thank you for this outline. It helps a lot. We have Treats and Seats booked for August 7th. Fireworks are at 9:00pm and we can enter at 7:20pm. What time do you recommend we line up to enter? My 80 year old father will be with us so we'd love to have a seat at front to view fireworks from, rather than standing. Also, does this mean that as soon as fireworks end, we exit? Park is open until 10:00pm so will we have time to go on a couple of more rides? Thanks for any advice you may have.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter