Dessert party question

tabbibus

Earning My Ears
Hey all, so I scored an ADR for the fireworks dessert party on 12/1. Looking closer at it, I noticed that the ADR is for 630pm, but the fireworks are not till 10pm. How does that work? Should I stay put for 3.5 hours there?

sorry if it is a silly question

thanks!

That's weird. Usually it's an hour before the fireworks start. I know ours was originally 7 for an 8pm show but then the fireworks got moved to 9pm. Ours still showed 7pm for quite some time but is finally updated to 8pm.

Did MK hours and fireworks time change after you booked? Are you sure it's for the dessert party and not just the restaurant?

That's weird. Usually it's an hour before the fireworks start. I know ours was originally 7 for an 8pm show but then the fireworks got moved to 9pm. Ours still showed 7pm for quite some time but is finally updated to 8pm.

Did MK hours and fireworks time change after you booked? Are you sure it's for the dessert party and not just the restaurant?

It is the one that is pre-paid. I booked it from the desserts website. Just regular restaurant is not prepaid is it?

Here is a reply from someone else concerning the time.

It is an hour before the fireworks start. A few months ago they started putting 6 for the time, but it isn't really the time. Check again as you get closer to the date. It will start an hour before fireworks.

ETA: here is the wdwinfo link http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/hours.htm
Reservations are all being set for 6:00pm, no matter when Wishes is taking place. The dessert party will actually take place one hour before Wishes.
Guests should call the reservation line a couple of weeks before their reservation to find out the exact time of their Dessert Party.

Anyone else think that Disney has really dropped the ball on this one by not explaining this more clearly with a message on their website right as you make reservations? I feel bad for folks who don't frequent message boards and show up at 6:10 pm for 10 pm fireworks!

Another problem with that is the system won't let you make a dining reservation around 6 because it says you already have another reservation at that time. I tried to make a dinner ADR and it wouldn't let me :badpc:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter