DESPICABLE ME MINION MAYHEM UPDATES-Please Post them here

Woohoo! We'll be there the same week with my two kids with autism! Tell me though, I think the park opens that week at 8? Does that mean with a breakfast reservation you get in at 7? Maybe we'll see you at breakfast!

AWESOME!!!! On the USO web site, it shows 9:00 as opening time...(AP previews start as early as 8:00.) Gage and I are doing that Sunday the 1st. If you have a breakfast reservation, they've told me you will be allowed in one hour early, but the time slots I was told are 8:30, 9:30 & 10:30. It'll be a learning experience, for us AND the nice Park Folks...(we'll hafta train them up in OuR way of doing the parks!)
Gage is 14, 6 foot tall skinny-pale-face, unless he won't keep his sunscreen on!
We'll probably wearing our "Minions" shirts...unless we run out of things to wear!
Hope to see y'all!

AWESOME!!!! On the USO web site, it shows 9:00 as opening time...(AP previews start as early as 8:00.) Gage and I are doing that Sunday the 1st. If you have a breakfast reservation, they've told me you will be allowed in one hour early, but the time slots I was told are 8:30, 9:30 & 10:30. It'll be a learning experience, for us AND the nice Park Folks...(we'll hafta train them up in OuR way of doing the parks!)
Gage is 14, 6 foot tall skinny-pale-face, unless he won't keep his sunscreen on!
We'll probably wearing our "Minions" shirts...unless we run out of things to wear!
Hope to see y'all!

When I look here
http://www.universalorlando.com/Resort-Information/Theme-Park-Hours.aspx
It says 8am for all of July. Does that include AP previews? (We don't have AP's.) it says 9am for June.

So are you doing breakfast Sunday or Monday? My 12 year old is a big SpongeBob fan...

When I look here
http://www.universalorlando.com/Resort-Information/Theme-Park-Hours.aspx
It says 8am for all of July. Does that include AP previews? (We don't have AP's.) it says 9am for June.

So are you doing breakfast Sunday or Monday? My 12 year old is a big SpongeBob fan...

I'm still seeing that IOA will be opening at 8 AM, But USO is open at 9 AM.
It may be that you're not scrolling down to the Universal section.
The AP preview is the early hour at Universal.
We are scheduled for Monday for the Character breakfast, but I may add Tuesday or Saturday also.

I'm still seeing that IOA will be opening at 8 AM, But USO is open at 9 AM.
It may be that you're not scrolling down to the Universal section.
The AP preview is the early hour at Universal.
We are scheduled for Monday for the Character breakfast, but I may add Tuesday or Saturday also.

Yes, you're right, that's exactly what I did. Sorry, I'm a newbie to the dark side. :)

As for doing the breakfast, I saw on the website where you can buy it, but then it says to phone to reserve your time? How do you know if it's available?

Yes, you're right, that's exactly what I did. Sorry, I'm a newbie to the dark side. :)

As for doing the breakfast, I saw on the website where you can buy it, but then it says to phone to reserve your time? How do you know if it's available?

LOL..I do that all the time! :goodvibes

For the breakfast-I called them first, then bought our tix, then called them right back. They probably screen my number and everyone runs to take their break when it shows up on their caller ID! :rolleyes1

Ill be in Orlando on July 25th to 27th and staying at the Hard Rock Hotel
Does anyone know if they will let us use our hotel pass like the other attractions or will we have to wait in line like Hollywood Rockit because its a brand new attraction?:confused3

Ill be in Orlando on July 25th to 27th and staying at the Hard Rock Hotel
Does anyone know if they will let us use our hotel pass like the other attractions or will we have to wait in line like Hollywood Rockit because its a brand new attraction?:confused3
The Rockit does not offer Express so you won't be able to use your hotel pass.

Rode the ride for the first time today. The wait was 45 minutes, but it was full of people trying to hide from tropical storm debby.

I am sad to say... I thought the Jimmy Nuetron ride was better.. :mad:

Just a few more days!...I imagine the storm will have moved on through the area, but am dreading those Florida mosquitoes! :scared1:

Hey all! I have an AP and I'm heading down to Universal this weekend. Is the Mimmon ride open? I'd hate to miss it by a day or two.

Hey all! I have an AP and I'm heading down to Universal this weekend. Is the Mimmon ride open? I'd hate to miss it by a day or two.
It is officially in "technical rehearsal", but the Grand Opening is Monday.
If you have the AP, you may be able to snag an early preview.
Check on their web site or call USO to see.
We have one "reserved" for Sunday morning. :cool1:

It is officially in "technical rehearsal", but the Grand Opening is Monday.
If you have the AP, you may be able to snag an early preview.
Check on their web site or call USO to see.
We have one "reserved" for Sunday morning. :cool1:

Edit:It says its open so I guess you don't need to sign up.

I was there today and rode in the morning after maybe a 30-minute wait. There is a sign next to the entrance stating that the attraction is still in "technical rehearsal" and that Universal Express is not valid during the rehearsal phase. (I too did the AP early-morning signup, for Thursday, but when I saw DM operating I figured eh, I'll just ride it right now! :3dglasses)

Excellent ride, btw. And the covered queue area is a big plus in this week's weather conditions.

I just called to verify...no express for D/Me...which is what they usually do with new attractions.

Rode it three times last week. They were doing AP early entry and we didn't need to sign up. We just showed up and showed our AP's.

It's great fun, and a huge improvement over that Jimmy Neutron silliness.

... They were doing AP early entry and we didn't need to sign up. We just showed up and showed our AP's.....

I guess that means their AP Early Preview sign ups must've been going pretty slow...or maybe quite a few no shows with the weather issues.

I guess that means their AP Early Preview sign ups must've been going pretty slow...or maybe quite a few no shows with the weather issues.

The weather was fine the first part of the week, but the place was pretty empty. We walked right on twice in a row at about 7:30am.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter