Desperately Need ADR for Ohana but no luck

Zacksmom

Earning My Ears
We just threw together a surprise birthday trip for May to celebrate my Husband's 40th Birthday. The biggest drawback of booking last minute is not being able to get ADR's which I knew would be a problem. Ohana is my husband's favorite restaurant and I cannot get a reservation for the entire week let alone the day of his birthday. I even called The Polynesian since we are staying there and hoped that I could give them my sob story but they don't care. Any idea's or am i really grasping at straws here?

We just threw together a surprise birthday trip for May to celebrate my Husband's 40th Birthday. The biggest drawback of booking last minute is not being able to get ADR's which I knew would be a problem. Ohana is my husband's favorite restaurant and I cannot get a reservation for the entire week let alone the day of his birthday. I even called The Polynesian since we are staying there and hoped that I could give them my sob story but they don't care. Any idea's or am i really grasping at straws here?

What week in May? I know the feeling - I tried to get CM and no luck. Finally gave up. Got 1900 Park Ave instead. But we wanted that one, too. So I guess we did get lucky.

Just keep calling. There is also a thread for swapping ADRs on the Restaurant board.

We will be there from May 3rd to the 8th. We weren't able to get CM either but we can live with that. I will call everyday and hope for the best. They also told us to check in at Ohana everyday that we are there because people often times will not show up and not cancel. Hope you are able to get CF and I will also check out the swapping link.

Just a suggestion, but I would call EVERY day you are there and try to make an ADR. In March I was able to change an ADR time cause there were cancellations ... and that was during spring break at Disney!

You just never know and it doesn't hurt to keep calling. Plus, since you are staying at the Poly ... go down and check personally. If you are staying at the concierge level then have them do the checking every day. I certainly would. :goodvibes

pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: and hope your husband has a :bday:

Cheryl

Here is a tip I got from a CM, call at 7:30 ET, I know it is early...it is 5:30 here, but let me tell you I did that and they have had my ressie i need the past 3 times in a row

I just canceled an ADR for 5:30 at O'hana on May 8th! Hopefully that can help you out! Don't give up hope, just be persistant! I called almost everyday trying to get an ADR for CM and one finally opened up!

I just called and got a ressie for May 7 for breakfast. I don't know why you can't get one. Good luck.

We were in WDW in November and we wanted Tony's for dinner the day we were spending in the MK. I tried for months before and nothing! So we spent a great day in the MK and were going to wing it for dinner...my kiddies and hubby took a bathroom break and I called the disney dining number around 3:00pm and not only did they have a reservation but I had a choice of times!!:goodvibes When my family returned they couldn't believe it! So my advice is call the night before your intended reservation or the day of (that's when most people cancel)...and call the dining line...I do not think people think of it! Enjoy your trip! ;)

Call Ohana directly. I had trouble getting ADR's at two other restuarants, it is a special occassion, and I couldnt get one on through Disney Dine. I called the restaurants directly, asked for a manager and both times got, "ok, i understand, let me see what i can do, and both times i got, we can squeeze you in here..." so give it a shot! Good luck.

I just tried calling Ohana for the past 15 mins and when I call The Polynesian they will not let me speak to anyone at Ohana. When I said it was about a reservation they connected me to Disney Dining and when I called back and said I needed to speak to a manager about a dietary concern they said I will have to wait until I get to the restaurant to ask. I feel like I am trying to get through to the white house. Rediculous!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter