Designated AP Entrances at Parks

sbrost13

Mouseketeer
We are first time Annual Passholders! We were last at Disney World July 2017 and I thought I saw a separate entrance into each park for APs. I’m curious to know if this is a major advantage at rope drop (or any time really) to use the AP entrance instead of getting into a regular line. We will be doing our first Christmas trip ever (12/21-12/28) and will definitely be rope dropping every morning.
Thanks!

We are first time Annual Passholders! We were last at Disney World July 2017 and I thought I saw a separate entrance into each park for APs. I’m curious to know if this is a major advantage at rope drop (or any time really) to use the AP entrance instead of getting into a regular line. We will be doing our first Christmas trip ever (12/21-12/28) and will definitely be rope dropping every morning.
Thanks!

Sometimes the line is longer and sometimes not. That week is blocked out for locals I think, so you might have good luck. It really isn't a huge advantage or anything.

Just like any other line, sometimes they are shorter and sometimes they're longer. I've seen people lined up at the AP entrance when others were wide open. It's nice to have the option but silly to use it just for the sake of using it.

Sometimes at rope drop they are useful. Just depends on the crowd. Many times during the day the AP line is actually slower.

We use the AP line at rope drop. It seems to be shorter and move more quickly. However, when entering the parks at other times, we have spotted a regular line with no one in it and zipped right through :)

We were there two weeks ago and went to at least two parks a day and I think we used the AP line once, all the other times the regular lines were shorter/faster.

They are usually at one end or the other of the entrance. It has a big AP sign. As others have said, sometimes the line is shorter,sometimes longer, sometimes nobody in line at all. We always look as we are walking toward the entrance.

If I'm rope dropping, majority of the time I go to the AP line. Usually it's faster.

Outside of rope drop, I go to the shortest looking line. Some people feel they HAVE to go to the AP line just because it's there. It's not uncommon to see a few groups of people waiting in the AP line and right next to it have an empty touchpoint.

It’s funny to me that so many people want to use the passholder just because it’s there (my daughter is one of them!). I usually find not using it is faster. If we rope drop, it can be faster. At certain times, though, I’m not even convinced it’s only passholders in the passholder line. I could be wrong; just an observation I made in July.

Sometimes the line is longer and sometimes not. That week is blocked out for locals I think, so you might have good luck. It really isn't a huge advantage or anything.
no it is not blacked out for local it is how ever blacked out for anyone with out the platum(+) AP which any FL resident DVC member can get a few other option then non FL DVC can get, I know a good number of loacl with platum AP

OP when you are there just take a look at the line if it looks shorter then use it if it look longer then do not use it

If I'm rope dropping, majority of the time I go to the AP line. Usually it's faster.

Outside of rope drop, I go to the shortest looking line. Some people feel they HAVE to go to the AP line just because it's there. It's not uncommon to see a few groups of people waiting in the AP line and right next to it have an empty touchpoint.

Do you think it's because the AP line is shorter at RD, or just because people with APs tend to know the drill and are more efficient in getting through?

Just curious. I don't have an AP, and based on my supermarket line picking skills, I predict I will land behind the person with 10 inner pockets that are all still zipped up at bag check. If you want to really enjoy the ambience of the checkout tabloids, get in line with me at Stop and Shop.

no it is not blacked out for local it is how ever blacked out for anyone with out the platum(+) AP which any FL resident DVC member can get a few other option then non FL DVC can get, I know a good number of loacl with platum AP

OP when you are there just take a look at the line if it looks shorter then use it if it look longer then do not use it

I obviously didn't mean that anyone in the state of Florida is blocked out.

We went to the parks 10 days in August, generally getting to the park in time for Rope Drop. We didn't use them at all. Generally, either we couldn't find the AP entrance, or it wasn't open yet, or the line at the AP entrance was long enough that there was no advantage to using it.

Do you think it's because the AP line is shorter at RD, or just because people with APs tend to know the drill and are more efficient in getting through?

Just curious. I don't have an AP, and based on my supermarket line picking skills, I predict I will land behind the person with 10 inner pockets that are all still zipped up at bag check. If you want to really enjoy the ambience of the checkout tabloids, get in line with me at Stop and Shop.

Both.

Usually at RD I find the AP line to usually be shorter as it's off to the far left or far right. Last time I was at Epcot the regular lines were probably 40-50 people deep per line. To the far right they had the AP line set up and when I got in line there was probably only around 15 people in front of me.

I also think majority of AP's know the ropes and are quicker in scanning into the park. So if the AP line and a regular line both have 10 people in line, I'll get in the AP line.

Also, sometimes they have it set up where the AP line will include 4 touch points to get in. Regular lines will only have 2. It's not always the case but when you get to the front of the AP line you realize it splits open to include 2 full lines.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter