Deluxe Discounts

dwight16

DIS Veteran
so i had a question about getting a discount off rack rate for the "deluxe" category i always see disney saying 20% off or more how often can you actually take advantage of that? we had a goal of staying at Poly and i am ok with not getting a discount but i wondered if it can happen? do they only discount wilderness or other less popular deluxe resorts? should i keep my mind open if we want to use the discount. i do have a disney visa so i should be able to get in early...if that helps

Keep your mind open. Availability at Poly, particularly for Standard rooms (the lowest cost to start with) is usually pretty low.

We have an AP and over the years I have had no luck getting any discounts at the deluxe resorts and we go during the quieter times of the year. That being said the other discounts that Disney sometimes offer are a bit easier to get if you are open to what resort you stay at. AKL almost always has a good discount due to the fact that it is out of the way and not very popular, though still a lovely resort. For an upcoming trip in Jan. we could of gotten a 25% discount at the BWI CL (our favorite resort) but we already had a really nice discount at the Poly CL so we stayed with that since it will be a short trip. I have read here on the boards that if you don't get a discount when they are first released to keep looking that some resorts will open up. That hasn't held true for us but it has for some.

so i had a question about getting a discount off rack rate for the "deluxe" category i always see disney saying 20% off or more how often can you actually take advantage of that? we had a goal of staying at Poly and i am ok with not getting a discount but i wondered if it can happen? do they only discount wilderness or other less popular deluxe resorts? should i keep my mind open if we want to use the discount. i do have a disney visa so i should be able to get in early...if that helps

Keep an open mind... we often stay deluxe and I can honestly say 25% was the least percentage off we've ever received on a deluxe category.

We stayed at Poly club level theme park view about 7 years ago and received a "buy 5 nights, get 3 free" offer. We stayed at BWI a few years ago and got 30% off a club deluxe room. But we had to call same day to get the discount applied...friends staying in the same room type and days did not get it calling a week later. Both were in the summer, very expensive, so much appreciated.
I just got a UOC for "up to" 30% off deluxe resorts, but when I put in my week after Easter dates, it was only 20%....but I'll take it at this point. Not club level...those prices are freaking me out, but can't complain as it is. My kids are going to miss club level. I may spring for it if something comes up with a better discount, but feel better that I got something. They got spoiled by the lounge....love grazing all day.
The point it, the discounts are there, but everyone seems to say the less expensive rooms may not get discounted.

I have a feeling prices are going to be high this year even with a discount. I got a quote from TA this week for the Poly and it was way over my budget compared to last year.

If you qualify for military discounts, they can be (and are currently) 40% off Deluxe.

If you want Poly check with TA's. I feel like they have the best discounts for Poly.

~Cari~ pluto:

You can also check into renting DVC. I did compare prices with DVC and my TA and they were about the same price.

Last edited:
I think they will be lower than the rest of the summer discounts but not sure it will be 50% off. The summer discount were not as good as last year. I hope they are a deep discount because I'm impatiently waiting lol.

I think they will be lower than the rest of the summer discounts but not sure it will be 50% off. The summer discount were not as good as last year. I hope they are a deep discount because I'm impatiently waiting lol.

Have you checked with the travel agent that offers the huge discounts??? I thought they released their 2017 late August discounts already?

Have you checked with the travel agent that offers the huge discounts??? I thought they released their 2017 late August discounts already?
I know that listing individual names is really not allowed, but is there a webside you can point me to regarding these discounts???

I sent an email to my TA last Friday asking her to email me as soon as they were out but no reply yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter