Deluxe Dining Plan - Pooled credits for buffets?

ckullmann1

Earning My Ears
Is it correct that the Deluxe Dining Plan credits are pooled between kids and adults? Does the receipt just show a total number of credits remaining? How does this work for a buffet? We will be a party of 9 people (2 adults and kids ages 14,12,11,9,8,7,and 4), with only one of our rooms (1 adult, 4 small kids) on the reservation that has the Deluxe Dining Plan. We are doing a split stay (only 2 nights with the DxDP) and always get TIW anyway. My big kids normally eat off the kids' menu, so I would think that they could share those credits in a regular restaurant, but I'm wondering how that would work with a buffet. We've only used DxDP when it was just the 2 of us grown-ups, so I've never paid attention to if the credits were pooled. Anyone with any experience? I don't mind paying OOP for the bigger kids, just not sure how the system works. We booked the plan before they made the changes about sharing credits --- we just wanted some extra sit downs (don't eat much counter service so that is of little value) ... and the extra snacks!

So basically, if we go to CM for brunch - with the kids the ages they are, do they just take off "9 credits" or do they take of the 1 adult and 4 kids that purchased the DxDP? Or do they take 5 adult and 4 kid credits?

My understanding is that on DxDDP all credits are simply credits. I believe at menu restaurants the kids are required to order off the children's menu, but at a buffet, all credits are equal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter