• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Deluxe Dining 12/10 An Honest Review without the Hype! 20 Reviews with Lots of Pics

Yak and Yeti,we love it there to. The Chil wings?,we have been there many times and never have seen them just glance at there menue here on Dis and could not find them. Do you know If this Is a dis-conteud item?. Thanks for the great review I wish I had the patients to do that:lmao:

Not sure if the Thai Chili wings are a regular menu item... The Dis menu is dated 11/10, but we were there in December and the wings were on the menu. An earlier menu on allears.net shows the wings in 6/10. They sure were good!

Sorry late joiner... i think this is one of the best reviews i've read and i've read a bunch to research our first trip. We are right up 95 in DE!

I recently canceled my DxDP last month,when my DS added his DGF to our father Dad trip:cool1:. But the more I think about It we will come out even. Plus we will get a mug and the apptizers and desserts so no!! I guess we will still come out a head,ok time to go back to the plan:cool1:.

I recently canceled my DxDP last month,when my DS added his DGF to our father Dad trip:cool1:. But the more I think about It we will come out even. Plus we will get a mug and the apptizers and desserts so no!! I guess we will still come out a head,ok time to go back to the plan:cool1:.

The way I look at it.... if I want to do table service, I'm going deluxe. The price difference really isn't that much to us... if we add out of pocket expenses for what would not be covered by the regular dining plan (extra table services, appetizers, mugs), it equals the cost of the deluxe dining plan.... or pretty close. We rarely go out to eat at home, so doing all table service at Disney is a real treat!

In 2008, we did the regular dining plan but used a lot of our counter services for breakfast - not the best value. One year, I'd like to do it again just to check out more of the counter service places, maybe on a shorter trip or when we are doing a lot of water parks where counter service is the only option for lunch.

Have a great trip!

mickeyfamily123::, thats exactly what I found out tonight,I quickly crash some # and even through we will be spending one day at US for HHN, and fegurieing two meals there we will come out abot even(between the oop and the plan) if we just eat two meals a day. Now add In a breakfast here, and a le cellar dinner here toss in the apptizers and desserts well we will come out ahead. Now we are not a counter typ of family,when we eat we like to sit down and enjoy the whole moment so TS is our favorit.

I LOVE the character pics-your family is so adorable :)

I <3 the Garden Grill Pics-Mickey in the overalls is so cute! Sounds like you enjoyed the food there-thinking of booking an ADR there for dinner, maybe I missed it, but was there steak/how was it?

Sounds like you had an awesome time !!!

I LOVE the character pics-your family is so adorable :) I <3 the Garden Grill Pics-Mickey in the overalls is so cute! Sounds like you enjoyed the food there-thinking of booking an ADR there for dinner, maybe I missed it, but was there steak/how was it? Sounds like you had an awesome time !!!

Thanks for the compliment! We love Disney World! Always happy there. There was beef, sort of like sliced prime rib? I don't know why I didn't take a picture. I won't lie... I ate it.... I just liked the fish and veggies a lot better! Back to the beef. The menu says chargrilled beef strip loin -- whatever that is! Below is a picture from our table -- not a good picture, we had already chomped on the food quite a bit! I did swipe a better picture off the internet, but I remember the beef being a little more toward medium-well. Both pics are below.

Our pic -- sorry, already been eating this food!
ry%3D480

Pic off the internet
gardengrill2.jpg

Just re added our DxDP:cool1::cool1:, we will not be able to eat the three meals a day but look forward to tasteing our favorits.

Thanks for the compliment! We love Disney World! Always happy there. There was beef, sort of like sliced prime rib? I don't know why I didn't take a picture. I won't lie... I ate it.... I just liked the fish and veggies a lot better! Back to the beef. The menu says chargrilled beef strip loin -- whatever that is! Below is a picture from our table -- not a good picture, we had already chomped on the food quite a bit! I did swipe a better picture off the internet, but I remember the beef being a little more toward medium-well. Both pics are below.

Our pic -- sorry, already been eating this food!
ry%3D480

Pic off the internet
gardengrill2.jpg

Thanks for the pics! My husband is more of a beef guy so he liked those lol...

<3 the reviews

Thanks very very much for putting in the time and energy into all of these reviews -- wow! :worship: -- one of the better ones that I have seen! :goodvibes

We have been to all of the restaurants mentioned - with the exception of Brown Derby, our family has managed to miss this one somehow every time; will definately have to give it a shot next time!

Cheers,
Zebsterama
pirate::hippie:

Can I just say, this is one of THE BEST dining reviews I've read !! :cool1::cool1: You are like "The Review Master" !!!

You had alot of reviews of restaurants that we might want to try for our next trip, so it was really nice to read your reviews. It was so fantastically layed out!! Thanks for posting this !!! :banana:

I didn't make an ADR for Le Cellier at 180 days... I thought other restaurants would be more fun. But an ADR became available (rare) and a took it.. 6:15pm dinner. Waited about 20-30 minutes to be seated and that was fine. The restaurant staff tried to keep everyone waited occupied with trivia questions and a few little things for children. We would have been happy to wait outside but it was cold. When we were leaving, people said they were waiting an hour, one guy was stretched out on the floor. It is a small waiting area inside. I don't think Le Cellier is worth all the praise it gets. It sure isn't worth 2 dining plan credits or signature status unless they are doing a complete makeover. There's no way Le Cellier, as is, can compare with places like Flying Fish Cafe or Citricos. Total = $120 (or 1 DDP credit per person) not including tip for 2 adults and 1 child.

The pretzel bread was good but nothing to go crazy about. It's soft pretzel bread. I had DS get the cheese soup for his appetizer so I could try it. They said it's the same as the adult cheese soup (does it really have beer in it?). It didn't look appetizing or taste good either, plain and tasteless. Not even worth dipping the bread in it as some suggest. I didn't like the mussels either. They were small and had a strange taste -- the chef explained that it has pernod (spelling?) which has a strong taste like black licorice. DW wasn't impressed with the crab corn custard appetizer, neither was I.... oh boy.... bad start.

Our steaks were cooked right and wonderful. DW liked the filet and I agree it was delicious. My NY Strip was very good. But, I have to say...it was just a good steak. The NY strip steak at Coral Reef was just as good. And the steaks at the signature restaurants were definitely better. So, if you're looking for a decent steak, Le Cellier has it... but it's nothing to go crazy about... I've had better at other restaurants (at home) for much less $$$.

Now, the chocolate whiskey cake was VERY good. One of the better desserts I had this trip. DW had the chocolate "Moose" which was cute, I guess. DS liked some of his sundae. If the ice cream looks funny, it's because is Tofutti (non-dairy ice cream).

I totally agree with you about Le Cellier, every word!!! Its too overhyped. I didnt find the bread or soup fantastic at all. It was just 'meh'. And the steak was a steak. Nothing special. Definitely not worth 2 dining credits at dinner!
Love your reviews! :)

I love,love love:love: the pretzel bread, the cheese souip was wonderfull and the steak was one of the best I ever had. One person sees it diffrent then another:rotfl2:. I made my ADR right at the 90 day mark,had to cancel it:sad2::sad2: and now I can find a opening:sad2:. Our frist day at the world Is on the 17th of Sept,here's to hopeing someone wants to change there mind:woohoo:

I love,love love:love: the pretzel bread, the cheese souip was wonderfull and the steak was one of the best I ever had. One person sees it diffrent then another:rotfl2:. I made my ADR right at the 90 day mark,had to cancel it:sad2::sad2: and now I can find a opening:sad2:. Our frist day at the world Is on the 17th of Sept,here's to hopeing someone wants to change there mind:woohoo:

I'll be honest... I like a really good steak... but it just doesn't excite me. It's like eating something as plain as a hamburger. We might have lucked out but Le Cellier was enjoyable... wait was bearable.... while waiting, the host did some fun moose things with DS... service was good, the chef checked on us... steak was good. I'm not sure I could rave about steak... and I've had some good steak. But cook me up a good seafood dish or something creative, that's different. If the food is boring... I'd rather have some excitement/entertainment! like belly dancing at Marrakesh!

Good luck on getting your ADR... I'm surprised it's still hard with dinner being 2 credits. Probably makes lunch harder than ever to get.

Great review - so useful and excellent that it is all together at the start :goodvibes

I liked Le Cellier but wouldn't put it in my top 10, however my fiance who is a vegetarian would put it in his top 3! He loved the gnocchi and they have removed it from the Signature dinner menu but kept it at lunch which is great for us - only 1TS :)

We have DxDDP for 21 days on our next trip and I think we have most of those that you reviewed booked in apart from Coral Reef and 50's Prime Time so it should be good :cool1:

Great post! We are going with the Deluxe Dining Plan this next trip and your reviews definately sealed the deal on some of the places we will be trying to get ADR :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter