• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Delta

Farawayfan

Earning My Ears
Can anyone tell me anything - good or bad - about Delta Airlines?

We have a 14 hour flight with 3 kids ahead of us!

thanks

It's an airline. Depending on what happens you can get a good crew or a bad crew.

Since it sounds like you are flying international beware that DL charges for alchol and I think headphones in coach..... (Bring your own headphones)

Some places have individual tvs, depends on where you are flying from.

thanks CarolA - didn't know about the headphones, but as it's a 777 and I believe that there are individual screens surely they provide the headphones to go with it? Maybe I'm being naive!

Flew Delta to Rome and back this September. No charge for headphones in coach. The cabin attendants were great -- I'd broken my foot while biking in Sardinia and they cleaed out a 3 seat section for me (on a very full flight), so that I could keep the foot elevated -- made all the difference in the world on a 10 hour flight.

They offered fluids and snacks and meals constantly -- a meal and a substantial snack on each flight, as much bottled water as you wanted, and multiple snack/soft drink offerings. The food was not bad for airline food.

Leave jackets/sweaters accessible for the kids. For some reason, overseas flights tend to run cold.

Delta, like several other major airlines, is in bankruptcy proceedings, but it is not expected to affect day to day operations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter