• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Delta Change Policy?

kteesmumma

DIS Veteran
Hi,

Does anyone know if Delta has any type of policy in regards to being able to change your flight with no fee if THE change your flight times. They changed our flight to depart MCO 35 minutes later than we had planned, which will get us into our home airport a bit later than we had wanted. I know some airlines let you change your flight all together for free if they change it to times that are not going to work for you.

Thanks

They will allow you to make a change, without addtl fees, if the change is a large one..usually 2-3 hrs difference. I doubt they'll allow you to change due to a 35 min change.

Check the online site---it will tell you if you fall outside the rescheduling window and whether or not you will have to pay fees. I don't remember the exact time, and I'm not sure 35 minutes is long enough, but it doesn't hurt to check.

I certainly wouldn't be messing with my reservations for a half an hour. Whenever anything gets changed there is always the opportunity for a problem, I'm not chancing that for a half an hour! 30 minutes is the luggage taking a bit longer to come off the belt, or a line in the bathroom or to get out of the parking lot. I don't think they will do it either for 30 minutes without a fee,

I believe officially it is 2 hours. But one time they changed my flight home from 12:30pm to 12:00, I called and they said no. But then it changed to 11:30am, I called and said I had a breakfast planned for that morning that we will have to cancel and they allowed me to change it, I had looked on the schedule and there was a flight at 6:00pm that I really wanted in the first place but was more miles.

Thank you everyone. I did call and they said it had to be 90 minutes or more. Thanks for the all the help.

Hi,

Does anyone know if Delta has any type of policy in regards to being able to change your flight with no fee if THE change your flight times. They changed our flight to depart MCO 35 minutes later than we had planned, which will get us into our home airport a bit later than we had wanted. I know some airlines let you change your flight all together for free if they change it to times that are not going to work for you.

Thanks

In some cases they do. Delta changed my flight time returning home to 4 hours earlier. Well, I was going to be in a meeting at that time. So they changed it to a later time without charging me. The reason they changed is that the non stop I was originally on was removed so they gave me the only other nonstop time. So I had to do a layover on the way home instead. Give them a call and see what they say.

Before you call, I would already have in hand what flight you would like to have instead. So check their flight schedule for that day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter