Deli Sandwiches?

Jalva22

DIS Veteran
I'm interested in any recommendations for counter service places that serve simple deli sandwiches. Like something you'd buy at Subway.

Also, after scanning the menus on allears, it seems to me that a lot of the restaurants try to be too fancy (or it could very well be that I'm just too simple!). Can someone recommend a place where we can get a simple sirloin or filet? I thought Le Cellier but the menu looks like they are all served over something else instead of just being simple steaks? Am I reading this correctly?

Thanks for any and all advice!

Mr. Meat n Taters ;)

The best sandwich selection I think is in DTD at Earl of Sanwich. Everything is good there. And the selection includes enough to please most anyone. Also the prices are not bad.

I agree with Luv2Roam - Earl of Sandwich is the best place in WDW for sandwiches. :)

I agree with EoS as the best sandwiches in WDW. Thinking more about it, the food courts in the value or moderates, or the snack bars in the deluxe have basic sanwiches while they are difficult to get in the parks.

Note that at the Counter Service restaurants in the Parks you can order your sandwich without the french fries and they will be a lower price.

I agree, EoS is the best for sandwiches. Columbia Harbour House in MK makes some good sandwiches (the Tuna sandwich is outstanding!) Plaza Restaurant in MK makes a great rueben & a delicious turkey club.

Any of the restaurants will accomodate you if you ask for things to be "plained down". You can have you steak without any kind of sauce if you want to.

I had a tasty "hot" deli sandwich at Pizzafari in AK. It was like a clazone, but when DH saw it, he tried to steal it. It was good!

Steaks at LC are fantastic! They use fancy words, but it's just steak. If you're worried about any sauces they might put on the steak, just ask them to put the sauce on the side- and then try it. I'm pretty meat 'n potatoes myself, and this place was great! The YC Steak house was also VERY GOOD! I can highly suggest either for a good steak.

I highly recommend Earl of Sandwich at DTD for great sandwiches. We can't wait to return there in May. My hubby's favorite sandwich of the trip was at POP Century's food court. It was a hot turkey panini sandwich - it was huge & very tasty. Columbia Harbor House was also pretty good - but be careful about the bread if you're picky. My ham sandwich was on some type of bread with olives in it - didn't see this mentioned anywhere on the menu & was unpleasantly surprised by this. If we go back, I'll be asking for different bread. HTH! :)

If you find yourself in the Boardwalk area they have a pretty good deal at the Boardwalk Bakery. It's a "lunch in a bag": ham or turkey & swiss, plus choice of fruit & chips. We thought it was a good deal for around $6.50. It was great to sit at one of the outside table & people-watch while eating. Earl of Sandwich is a great choice in DD.

Harambe said:
I had a tasty "hot" deli sandwich at Pizzafari in AK. It was like a clazone, but when DH saw it, he tried to steal it. It was good!
Just chiming in to agree-it's delicious!

Another vote for Earl of Sandwich and you might try Concourse Steakhouse or Yachtsmans Steakhouse for classic beef.

Someone on another board was talking about Shula's for excellent steaks and such. I think it's a bit pricey, but they really liked it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter