December

EnchantedPiglet

DIS Veteran
Hi,
I will be visiting Walt Disney World from December 11th-19th and I was wondering just how busy you all think it will be. I was the one in my family who was pushing to go around this time of the year (it was either December or April) and I would feel so guilty if it was jammed packed with crowds.

Thank you so very much.

Piglet.

Hi,
I will be visiting Walt Disney World from December 11th-19th and I was wondering just how busy you all think it will be. I was the one in my family who was pushing to go around this time of the year (it was either December or April) and I would feel so guilty if it was jammed packed with crowds.

Thank you so very much.

Piglet.

It will be progressively more crowded as you approach Christmas, and the land portion of Mousefest will be at the beginning of your stay, so that will boost the crowds somewhat.

It used to be a slower time of year, but it does get a bit hectic later in the day, so plan on doing your heavy-duty park touring in the mornings at opening, and save the afternoons for more relaxing endeavors.

One thing for sure, it will be less crowded than April.

I went the 2nd week of December in 2004 and the crowds were VERY managable. We didn't wait more than 10 minutes I don't think for anything. It HAS gotten busier this time of year, but it is still a slower time. I'd say you are good the 11th to the 15th or so and then you will start to see more crowds, but still not packed. You'll be fine in the guilt department.

I wouldn't worry about it at all. While it may be slightly crowded, it is not anywhere near as bad as the week OF Christmas.

:thumbsup2 Between April and the second week in December, you definitely picked the right one. Since Easter was so late this year, WDW was full of Spring Breakers the whole month of April. Easter is on April 12th for 2009. So it is safe to say, WDW will be busy once again the month of April and early May this year.

You should be fine crowd-wise the beginning of your trip. It may get busier toward the end of your trip. As people are arriving to celebrate Christmas at WDW. So, make sure to get all the major attractions out of the way at the beginning of your trip.

Here are some events that are happening while you are at WDW:

Pop Warner (WWoS)
December 7-13

Mousefest 2008
4 Night Wonder Cruise December 7-11; December 11-15 Land Events; December 13 MegaMouseMeet

The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights (DHS)
November 28, 2008 - January 4, 2009

Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party (MK)
December 2, 4, 5, 7, 9, 11, 12, 14, 16, 18,19

Candlelight Processional (Epcot)
December 1-30

Have a magical trip! :wizard:

- Jennifer

We went last year during that week and parks were crowded but not holiday crowded. We love being at WDW during the Christmas holidays. We will be there this year from Dec 6th - 19th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter