• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DECEMBER 2017 DISCOUNTS AND CODE WATCH

Ok - so I'm new to how adding on discounts work. If I book us a trip for December 2017 when no discounts are available, but then one becomes available (free dining or discount on resort), will Disney let me add the discount? Thanks for any help!

They will IF there is availability. You may need to change room type or even resort to get the discount though, as only so many rooms (type, resort) are allocated to the discount.

SW

the bounce back i have been seeing now is room discounts. I know peeps who booked fd for this trip a while back and it is fd and ive seen people talk about it online.

We booked a bounce back last September for FD for next December 16-22 at CSR with regular dining.

Free dining is live...we are waiting for an RO for 12/1-12/7 or 12/8, GF or WL....the RO is only through Oct. now. FD is blacked out until check in of 12/8.
I'm in the same dates as you. Well, 12/3-12/9. Nothing yet for room only and our dates don't qualify for the free dining. We are staying at POR.

Add me to the group! :) I snagged a FD discount this morning for our trip in December, but I need to do some more math. Maybe you guys have some thoughts/input on what to do.

My family of four will be going to Disney World in December for 8 nights, but then only my husband and I will be returning in January for the half marathon for a stay of 3 nights. We are thinking about becoming an AP holder and the questions wont stop in my head lol. Any thoughts on what to do? I am pretty sure we would be returning again as a family of four in late 2018, so it would make sense to become an AP holder. How does FD play into that? Tables of wonderland?

My kids are 6 and 3 and we stay at Art of Animation because of the family suit set up. I am sure we will continue to stay there until they are a little bit older.

What would you guys do? All thoughts/input is welcome! Thank you friends!

If you are happy with the package you have booked, keep it! While you are at Disney, you can upgrade your current tickets to AP, and only pay the difference between the full ticket cost and the AP. The fact that you got the free dining discount won't affect anything. Book your Jan hotels room-only in advance. Then, after you upgrade to AP, you might be able to snag an AP discount on the Jan rooms, but don't count on it. Be sure to check the Bounceback offers for the late 2018 trip, but you'll be eligible for AP discounts as well, so good chance of a RO discount on that trip. IF you decide to do free dining again during the late 2018 trip, you will have to buy tickets as well, but you can apply the cost toward the renewal of your AP's for another year, or save them to use during another trip the next year.

Final word of warning, Disney AP's can be very, very expensive. Ours tend to cost us about double the number of trips we had planned!! "Since we've already got tickets..." :rolleyes1

I booked free dining. If I have to pay full price for the room, at least I got something. Historically, there is no room discount over Christmas.

Now that my June code is set (let me tell you waiting for those codes was a bumpy ride this year) we are looking for a code , hopefully AP, for December.

Add me to the group! :) I snagged a FD discount this morning for our trip in December, but I need to do some more math. Maybe you guys have some thoughts/input on what to do.

My family of four will be going to Disney World in December for 8 nights, but then only my husband and I will be returning in January for the half marathon for a stay of 3 nights. We are thinking about becoming an AP holder and the questions wont stop in my head lol. Any thoughts on what to do? I am pretty sure we would be returning again as a family of four in late 2018, so it would make sense to become an AP holder. How does FD play into that? Tables of wonderland?

My kids are 6 and 3 and we stay at Art of Animation because of the family suit set up. I am sure we will continue to stay there until they are a little bit older.

What would you guys do? All thoughts/input is welcome! Thank you friends!

We had trips planned with two separate groups of friends Feb 2017 and Dec 2017, and I was crunching the numbers to figure out if we should get APs. Like, multiple excel spreadsheets. It looked like it made the most sense for just one adult to get an AP, with the AP room discount, TiW, and free parking tipping the scales.

BUT THEN another group of friends were going in Dec 2016, right before we were going to visit family in California, so I changed our flights and added an extended "layover" in Orlando, and we went to the park for 4 days. All 3 of us got APs, because of the 13 month anniversary deal, so they are still valid through our trip in Dec 2017.

AND THEN I got the Southwest Companion Pass in early January, which means that my kid flies with me for free on Southwest through the end of 2018. So we planned a trip to see Pandora on opening day in May.

AND THEN we found out that we're moving to California this summer, and I upgraded my Platinum AP to a Premier AP for the remainder of the year, and my kid and I went to Disneyland in April 2017.

So two trips to WDW became 4 trips to WDW and an AP at Disneyland. I say get the APs.

Also, consider renting DVC points for your marathon trip.

Did someone somewhere say the UOC came out this week a year ago or am I dreaming?

I just got one for past guests receive 30% off hotels. However, it didn't have the dates and the link wanted me to enter the offer code, zip code and last name. No combination of last names and zip codes that I could come up with allowed me to get past that page. So I couldn't see anymore details.

I a
I just got one for past guests receive 30% off hotels. However, it didn't have the dates and the link wanted me to enter the offer code, zip code and last name. No combination of last names and zip codes that I could come up with allowed me to get past that page. So I couldn't see anymore details.
I just got this as well and it wouldn't let me under my married name so I said let me try my maiden name. It worked, which is strange. The only time I went under my maiden name was for my honeymoon 6 years ago!
It was 30% the villas I believe and 25% off deluxes and so on. I don't remember exactly.

I a

I just got this as well and it wouldn't let me under my married name so I said let me try my maiden name. It worked, which is strange. The only time I went under my maiden name was for my honeymoon 6 years ago!
It was 30% the villas I believe and 25% off deluxes and so on. I don't remember exactly.

I've always had the same last name so it wasn't that. I tried entering it under my old zip code, then I tried my boyfriend's last name at current address, then at old address, then his mom's current zip code and last name since I got an offer meant for her before. I'm so sick of Disney's system. I sent them an angry complaint email because this is the second time this month I've received an offer code that doesn't seem to apply to me. Last time it was meant for my boyfriend's mom (who has never lived with us) and they wouldn't let me use the code.

I've always had the same last name so it wasn't that. I tried entering it under my old zip code, then I tried my boyfriend's last name at current address, then at old address, then his mom's current zip code and last name since I got an offer meant for her before. I'm so sick of Disney's system. I sent them an angry complaint email because this is the second time this month I've received an offer code that doesn't seem to apply to me. Last time it was meant for my boyfriend's mom (who has never lived with us) and they wouldn't let me use the code.
That's very weird. I thought it was strange myself I had to put in my maiden name. It was my maiden name and they had my old address. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter