December 2015 Discount Watch

raider97

DIS Veteran
Hi ya'll!

We are planning to go to Walt Disney World this coming Christmas. We have been on free dining in the past (2009/2011) and are hoping to score it again. The not booking and waiting is slowly killing me! Thought I would look for some friends to pass the time with. We will go regardless, but free dining allows me to stay a lot longer so I'm crossing my fingers (and toes). We would love CBR. We haven't been there since our honeymoon and now with their rooms that sleep 5 we can again. However, I'm not booking until the codes are released because I don't want too many bookings to block out the resort.

Come wait with me!!

Stephanie

Hi!! I am waiting patiently as well. We are looking at the end of November. Just waiting to see what FD dates are. We are like you and will go no matter what but FD is a huge benefit for us. The waiting is rough. And we will be here waiting with you

I am playing with the idea of spending the kids Christmas break down at the world. If we can get free dining then we will be all over it. :)

I'm also hoping for Free Dining to be offered in December. I've read all kinds of suggestion on whether to book now or wait to book until the discount is announced. We're flexible and can go anytime in December that's not blacked-out from FD. I also wanted to stay at POFQ this time, but heard FD isn't available to stays there. So now we're debating upgrading to Wilderness Lodge, has anyone stayed here during the holiday season?

I'm also hoping for Free Dining to be offered in December. I've read all kinds of suggestion on whether to book now or wait to book until the discount is announced. We're flexible and can go anytime in December that's not blacked-out from FD. I also wanted to stay at POFQ this time, but heard FD isn't available to stays there. So now we're debating upgrading to Wilderness Lodge, has anyone stayed here during the holiday season?

No but their decorations are amazing

Our one-and-only trip to WDW was over Christmas, and we stayed at the WL. It was gorgeous.
We're currently set to go and stay at POR in a royal room, but if it's excluded from free dining and we don't get a PIN, might look at staying at WL. I think it comes out cheaper to get FD at WL than to pay rack rate and pay for dining at POR, but I'll have to crunch the numbers to be sure.

Watching thread and waiting for December too. I'm going with a big family (10 of us!) and anything that helps, the better. I'm also secretly trying to find a deal to persuade the matriarch from staying at Shades of Green to another Disney hotel (preferably Bay Lake Tower as she loves the castle's light decoration) but that's a bit of a stretch.

I'm definitely watching this thread too. We had to cancel a visit in May, I had considered going in July, but realized I could afford to stay for a week if we went in December during free dining. I'm looking to go December 12 - 19 for 4 of us, 2 adults, 2 kids. Isn't this a week typically available for free dining? I'd like to stay in a Royal room at POR, but who knows if those will be included. I was reading some people thought CBR wouldn't be included because of the refurbishments, and the entire CSR is already booked during my week! So I have no clue what to do. I really, really want to stay onsite, but the reality is that December 12 - 19 is a value week for condo rentals, so I could stay offsite and still pay for food and parking and come off much cheaper than staying onsite without free dining. I hope Disney realizes that and brings on the discounts! :) Either way, I'm absolutely not booking a resort now, too much up in the air. So I'll just wait.

My husband and I check in on November 29th, we are so excited! Went this past thanksgiving and it was very crowded, it is hard when traveling with 6 other people but we know this trip will be completely different. Any code would be great ::MickeyMo

Last edited:
I already booked Nov 29- Dec 6th at POR. It would be nice to get free dining. We went last year in Oct and scored free dining.

I'll be watching as well. We are currently booked for Pop on a bounceback offer for Dec. 12-19. My wife and I stayed at POFQ for our honeymoon 7 years ago and would love to go back with FD, but considering the latest round of discounts didn't include POFQ, I would be absolutely shocked if it were included in ANY discounts for December, let alone free dining.

Hi everyone,

We are visiting the World for the first time from the 4th dec til the 16th. we are looking at staying at AoA as there are 6 of us. Just wondering that if we book soon, but a discount/FD is released at a later date, are we able to apply any promotions to our booking? What happens to any dining res. or FP+ booking if we have to change our accommodation reservation?

Thanks for you help, this is all new to us!

Din
Hi everyone,

We are visiting the World for the first time from the 4th dec til the 16th. we are looking at staying at AoA as there are 6 of us. Just wondering that if we book soon, but a discount/FD is released at a later date, are we able to apply any promotions to our booking? What happens to any dining res. or FP+ booking if we have to change our accommodation reservation?

Thanks for you help, this is all new to us!

Dining reservations are independent of your resort booking. Anyone can make ADR's, within timeframe limits. Changing your resort ressie shouldn't affect your ADR's.

FP+ is also independent of your resort, I believe - I think only the time restraints come into play. I figure that if offsite folks can make them, then changes to your resort ressie shouldn't affect them.

If you book a package, you can call in to have the FD discount applied, subject to availability.

If you book a room-only, you have to cancel and rebook.

At least, that's how I understand it at this point. :)

I'm taking DD for our first Christmas visit, a 4 day weekend. Currently booked at the Swan using points but a FD offer could change that. I could cancel the Swan booking and book at a FD resort , saving my points for another time and likely spending only a bit more. For me it will depend on the FD dates. We're booked 12/4-8 but we have some flexibility there. I have to work around our family reunion on the 13th And DD'S school testing dates in November.

I did FD for the past two years and was not thinking on return since we had a bad vacation last year due to sickness. However, until lat night that was the plan but my husband look at me and said Let's give another try but this time I need two rooms, one for the kids and one for us, so instead of stay at Deluxe in one room I am looking for two rooms at value. Let see what happen!!

I'm also joining the wait! We are a party of 10 and need that FD! I'm not sure if we will go if it's not offered. We are just going to think positive that it will be! :goodvibes(Fingers crossed!) We are using the wait time to decide where to stay. We will be going with a value or mod but not sure which one yet.:confused3

I'm definitely watching this thread too. We had to cancel a visit in May, I had considered going in July, but realized I could afford to stay for a week if we went in December during free dining. I'm looking to go December 12 - 19 for 4 of us, 2 adults, 2 kids. Isn't this a week typically available for free dining? I'd like to stay in a Royal room at POR, but who knows if those will be included. I was reading some people thought CBR wouldn't be included because of the refurbishments, and the entire CSR is already booked during my week! So I have no clue what to do. I really, really want to stay onsite, but the reality is that December 12 - 19 is a value week for condo rentals, so I could stay offsite and still pay for food and parking and come off much cheaper than staying onsite without free dining. I hope Disney realizes that and brings on the discounts! :) Either way, I'm absolutely not booking a resort now, too much up in the air. So I'll just wait.

I know that Pop Warner week is sometimes excluded, but I'm not sure of those dates. Maybe someone can help us out? We have arrived between the 16th and 18th and have been able to nab free dining in the past. I'm waiting to book too... The speculation is that there were too many bookings anticipating free dining at POR last year that was why it wasn't initially included. We really want CBR, but I'm holding off. Hoping they announce it in early May!!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!

My husband and I check in on November 29th, we are so excited! Went this past thanksgiving and it was very crowded, it is hard when traveling with 6 other people but we know this trip will be completely different. Any code would be great ::MickeyMo

I already booked Nov 29- Dec 6th at POR. It would be nice to get free dining. We went last year in Oct and scored free dining.

You are both checking in on my birthday!! I wish we were going then! Happy Planning!!

I'm also joining the wait! We are a party of 10 and need that FD! I'm not sure if we will go if it's not offered. We are just going to think positive that it will be! :goodvibes(Fingers crossed!) We are using the wait time to decide where to stay. We will be going with a value or mod but not sure which one yet.:confused3

I like the way you think!

We will be heading to the World Dec. 18-23. Not very hopeful about discounts, but always looking.

I've got good news then... We have been very lucky in being able to nab free dining with check-in as late as Dec. 18th in the past. And as long as you check in before in the free dining window you can extend it 14 days even if it isn't in the offered date range. Keep those fingers crossed! I'm right there with you... Looking at Dec. 18th (our anniversary) through Dec. 27th. :)

Hi all!

I've gotten to the point where I am picking and repicking ADRs in my head!! :) Anyone want to share their wish list?

Mine is:
Chef Mickey dinner (1st time)
Chefs de France dinner (1st time)
Tony's Town Square (1st time)
Be Our Guest dinner (loved it last time)
'Ohana dinner (one of our must-do's)
Sci-Fi Diner (one of our must-do's)
Teppan Edo (one of our must-do's)
Cape May Clambake (this is a favorite)

And then I'm not sure, but maybe...
Whispering Canyon Café (my family loves those bottomless shakes)
Tusker House breakfast (I was thinking Christmas morning) - We've never been!

Your turn!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter