December 2013 Pin Code Watch

I see that tinkbyday is no longer able to hold up the thread. I can start a new one and a Facebook group if anyone is interested.

What happened? :eek:

This...

Hello Everyone - OP here! I'm afraid I have a bit of bad news for those who enjoy looking at the growing list of December guests/dates.

Due to the insane room costs during the time we were planning on going and the unwillingness to hang on and wait for a code to come along, we have made the decision to not go to WDW at all this year. Instead, we have decided to go to California and will spend a night or two at Disneyland for a small Disney fix.

Honestly, the room rates are beyond greed at this point - a standard room at the YC 12/19 - 12/23 is coming in at about $600 per night - I really don't know who on the Disney management team thinks this is a reasonable value for the benefit provided, but we are just no longer willing to accept this. Yes, we realize there are other places to stay and other options, however, we are just so disgusted that we decided to not go at all. We also realize that this is a busy time of year, yada, yada....

So, all of this being said, I will not be keeping up with this thread any longer as I have alot of work to do planning a different trip :thumbsup2

If someone wants to take over, I think you will have to create a new thread and can probably copy the contents of the first post over to keep the list going.

I hope you all receive wonderful discounts and enjoy your vacations!!!

Should we start a new one and a facebook group? June and September FB groups are SUPER active - lots of planning.

Congratulation on receiving a pin! We were in Lion King last October and loved it. In terms of convenience, the resort is really not very spread out with regard to the family suites. Even if you don't get Nemo, you will spend lots of time at the main (Nemo) pool which is wonderful. The theming is great everywhere and, hopefully, she won't be too heartbroken that she's not in a Nemo room.

Thanks very much! That's very nice - and reassuring - to know! :) I'm sure if we don't get a Nemo room, she'll be over it as soon as we hit Main St. and she gets a look at Cinderella Castle! :cool1:

Hello Everyone - OP here! I'm afraid I have a bit of bad news for those who enjoy looking at the growing list of December guests/dates.

Due to the insane room costs during the time we were planning on going and the unwillingness to hang on and wait for a code to come along, we have made the decision to not go to WDW at all this year. Instead, we have decided to go to California and will spend a night or two at Disneyland for a small Disney fix.

Honestly, the room rates are beyond greed at this point - a standard room at the YC 12/19 - 12/23 is coming in at about $600 per night - I really don't know who on the Disney management team thinks this is a reasonable value for the benefit provided, but we are just no longer willing to accept this. Yes, we realize there are other places to stay and other options, however, we are just so disgusted that we decided to not go at all. We also realize that this is a busy time of year, yada, yada....

So, all of this being said, I will not be keeping up with this thread any longer as I have alot of work to do planning a different trip :thumbsup2

If someone wants to take over, I think you will have to create a new thread and can probably copy the contents of the first post over to keep the list going.

I hope you all receive wonderful discounts and enjoy your vacations!!!

+1

Unfortunately, I have to agree. After an almost 30 year hiatus, I took my son to WDW in 2010, 2011, and 2012. But afer what I think are ridiculous and greedy price increases, we won't be going back this year. For the same amount of money and between the months of October-December, there are TONS of other things we can do.

I'm really going to miss what almost became a family tradition, but the cost can no longer be justified :(

Good morning all dining/ discount friends - I just wanted to share the happiness, keep checking your mailbox! Got my FD pin code for my December dates! Perfect bday gift today ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter