• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

December 2013 CANCELLED ADR Thread - Read 1st Post

Yes, you are missing something. You only get charged the fee if you do not cancel the day before. So people can make as many ADRs as they want from 180+10 days out, all the way until the day they arrive, and cancel what they don't want or need as long as they do so the day before and the CC never gets charged. The new CC system deters nothing insofar as uber-planners are concerned. Double and triple booking will continue as it always had. Pehaps not as much, as people might not want to risk forgetting to cancel, and others might misunderstand how the system works and think that they will be charged. But Dis'ers "in-the-know" will continue to hedge their bets by securing multiple ADRs and will continue to cancel them (and post here...hoepfully).

This system was created for those "in the know" or perhaps selfish.
Disney was trying to prevent some of the overindulgent tendencies the self center have by adding the CC penalty.

Thanks to a wonderful member who let me get their reservation (at a better time for me), I have a CRT for 7-Dec-13 @ 6:40pm for 2 pers to cancel.

Everything at Disney is now geared to the "uber-planner'; FP+, Dining, extra ticket events. Unfortunately the uninformed will be left in the dust and may or may not come back again.

I will be canceling shortly. This will probably open up availability for various configurations, so hopefully someone will get a GREAT slot. Fireworks are at 9 that night!

VP

Just saw Liberty Tree Tavern for 4 show up for 7:05pm on 12/26. Hope someone here can use that. We really enjoyed LTT for dinner in the past; unfortunately my older kid recently became a pescatarian, so the LTT dinner options no longer look good for us. :-(

Yes, you are missing something. You only get charged the fee if you do not cancel the day before. So people can make as many ADRs as they want from 180+10 days out, all the way until the day they arrive, and cancel what they don't want or need as long as they do so the day before and the CC never gets charged. The new CC system deters nothing insofar as uber-planners are concerned. Double and triple booking will continue as it always had. Pehaps not as much, as people might not want to risk forgetting to cancel, and others might misunderstand how the system works and think that they will be charged. But Dis'ers "in-the-know" will continue to hedge their bets by securing multiple ADRs and will continue to cancel them (and post here...hoepfully).

OH I realize that!!! I thought someone here insinuated that someone here was a troll and was taking reservations and never going to use them (But not cancel them either)

I have no issues with people booking a few options at the 180 mark to ensure they get the ressies they need- and then cancelling as the date of travel approaches and their plans firm up! I do it myself!! But that doesnt make me a troll! That makes me a neurotic Disney Vacation Planner! Just ask my DH!

:O)

That makes me a neurotic Disney Vacation Planner!
:O)

I think 99% of the folks on DIS fall into that category. ;) And as a prior poster stated, Disney has recreated a system that not only encourages neurotic planning, it also punishes those who don't. I can't even imagine what our vacations would be like if I had never discovered DIS and tried to go into WDW cold thinking -- hum, this restaurant sounds good and this activities sounds fun only to discover that all spots have been booked for months and no walk-ins are available.

I think 99% of the folks on DIS fall into that category. ;) And as a prior poster stated, Disney has recreated a system that not only encourages neurotic planning, it also punishes those who don't. I can't even imagine what our vacations would be like if I had never discovered DIS and tried to go into WDW cold thinking -- hum, this restaurant sounds good and this activities sounds fun only to discover that all spots have been booked for months and no walk-ins are available.
Agreed! Dis boards are the best!

Want to cancel Tusker House lunch December 6-friday for 4 ppl at 1:40.
Will prob do tomorrow sometime if no one is interested.

Disney was trying to prevent some of the overindulgent tendencies the self center have by adding the CC penalty.

But the "in-the-know" folks and those with overindulgent tendencies are exactly the people who know to cancel in time to avoid the penalty. So what exactly has this system accomplished other than to punish people who get stuck on a tarmac on their arrival date and miss their "Welcome to Disney World" arrival dinner? Or the parents of the kid who takes ill in the middle of the day resulting in a skipped dinner? These cancelation boards are proof positive that people make more ADRs than they want, need, or can use. (Nothing wrong with that. As pointed out, this is a creature of Disney's own creation). And those same people are conscientious about canceling the unwanted ADRs and posting about the openings. The new system has changed nothing in relation to those who plan ahead.

OH I realize that!!! I thought someone here insinuated that someone here was a troll and was taking reservations and never going to use them (But not cancel them either)

I have no issues with people booking a few options at the 180 mark to ensure they get the ressies they need- and then cancelling as the date of travel approaches and their plans firm up! I do it myself!! But that doesnt make me a troll! That makes me a neurotic Disney Vacation Planner! Just ask my DH!

:O)[/QUOT

I did say troll.....but is willing to "cancel". Like I said 99% wonderful people, always one to leave a bad taste in your mouth.

I just cancelled our trip today and I have the following ADRs to cancel. All are for a party of 2. PM me if you are interested.

Garden Grill
Thursday, December 5 @ 6:20 PM

San Angel Inn
Saturday, December 7 @ 5:00 PM

Chef Mickey's
Sunday, December 8 @ 6:45 PM

Chef Mickey's
Monday, December 9 @ 9:45 AM

Be Our Guest
Monday, December 9 @ 5:55 PM

I just cancelled our trip today and I have the following ADRs to cancel. All are for a party of 2. PM me if you are interested. Garden Grill Thursday, December 5 @ 6:20 PM San Angel Inn Saturday, December 7 @ 5:00 PM Chef Mickey's Sunday, December 8 @ 6:45 PM Chef Mickey's Monday, December 9 @ 9:45 AM Be Our Guest Monday, December 9 @ 5:55 PM

I want garden grill

Thanks

I just cancelled our trip today and I have the following ADRs to cancel. All are for a party of 2. PM me if you are interested. Garden Grill Thursday, December 5 @ 6:20 PM San Angel Inn Saturday, December 7 @ 5:00 PM Chef Mickey's Sunday, December 8 @ 6:45 PM Chef Mickey's Monday, December 9 @ 9:45 AM Be Our Guest Monday, December 9 @ 5:55 PM

So sorry you had to cancel. That stinks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter