• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

December 2013 CANCELLED ADR Thread - Read 1st Post

I don't think so....just am extra special mess of crowds on Main Street and the Hub.
Agreed. Seeing its parade taping day, I would say its going to be impossible to make it through the crowds and get to your ressies in time if you plan on watching any of the parade. Plan accordingly- the park is going to be a gong show!! Give yourself twice as much time as you normally would to get to CT

Agreed. Seeing its parade taping day, I would say its going to be impossible to make it through the crowds and get to your ressies in time if you plan on watching any of the parade. Plan accordingly- the park is going to be a gong show!! Give yourself twice as much time as you normally would to get to CT

I have heard similar that the area along the parade route is crazy crowded, but that the rest of the park is pretty empty. So you'll definitely want to give yourself plenty of time to make it to your ressie, but you should be able to ride a lot without long waits. I haven't been there during parade taping, so I could be wrong, that's just what I've heard.

I have heard similar that the area along the parade route is crazy crowded, but that the rest of the park is pretty empty. So you'll definitely want to give yourself plenty of time to make it to your ressie, but you should be able to ride a lot without long waits. I haven't been there during parade taping, so I could be wrong, that's just what I've heard.

This is what I have heard also, I originally had my vacation scheduled for that week but changed it when I found out the parade was going to be taped. I have 2 little girls princess: so avoiding the MK for 2 days is impossible! Good luck with the parade, I have heard once you clear out of Main St then the crowds lighten up a bit, but be aware that main st will be crazy as a lot of people just show up to see the taping of the parade.

Here check this article out it has info on what to expect the day of the parade taping and pictures of what the crowd is like. http://www.easywdw.com/uncategorized/magic-kingdom-christmas-day-parade-taping-swiss-family-treehouse-greek-salad-extended-queue-saturday-and-the-survey-says/
I was actually at MK on the day he wrote this article/took pictures. I didn't know about the parade until the day we arrived and we had CRT this am so we had to go. We also didn't have park hoppers so we had to stay all day. We rode a ton of rides in the am. I do remember it getting more crowded after lunch time but we ended up staying till 6 or 7 and had a good first day at Disney. Of course we avoided Main Street all day until it was time to leave and by that time they were done taping for the day. We will be there again this year for parade filming day. I know my kids will want to go to MK since it is our first day and we have BOG reservations that day but I am a little nervous that our good day in 2011 was just a a fluke.

I was actually at MK on the day he wrote this article/took pictures. I didn't know about the parade until the day we arrived and we had CRT this am so we had to go. We also didn't have park hoppers so we had to stay all day. We rode a ton of rides in the am. I do remember it getting more crowded after lunch time but we ended up staying till 6 or 7 and had a good first day at Disney. Of course we avoided Main Street all day until it was time to leave and by that time they were done taping for the day. We will be there again this year for parade filming day. I know my kids will want to go to MK since it is our first day and we have BOG reservations that day but I am a little nervous that our good day in 2011 was just a a fluke.

We are going to be there also. DD has BBB at 8 and then we have CRT at 10:15. Other than that, we will try to avoid Main Street/Hub as much as possible! DS was supposed to do the Family Magic Tour that day as well (with Nana) but Disney called me a couple weeks ago to cancel because of the parade taping :(

I have 2 Chef Mickey reservations to cancel. I was holding out in hopes of getting something earlier and did! Both are December 7 for 4 people 9:30 am 9:55 am Don't think I can pm but I won't cancel until I hear from someone

Just PMd you in case one is still available.

I have 2 Chef Mickey reservations to cancel. I was holding out in hopes of getting something earlier and did! Both are December 7 for 4 people 9:30 am 9:55 am Don't think I can pm but I won't cancel until I hear from someone

I posted about this yesterday, but didn't know if you saw it (and I can't PM yet). Are either one available still? If so, I'd like to coordinate. Thanks!

I cancelled Crystal Palace for 2 people for Dec. 12th at 8:05am.
Just an fyi, it's an EMH morning. :) I'm sorry I couldn't give advance notice, I was able to get another reservation that conflicted with this one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter