• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dec 4 2013 - 4 nights of Magic from Miami

Hi there! Just booked this cruise today for our family of four, flying down the day prior. Looks like we are too late for FE, so this will be our first DCL cruise *not* doing the FE, and also the shortest we have ever booked on Disney. Really looking forward to seeing the reimagined Magic! :) We were onboard Princess last week and found ourselves constantly comparing everything to Disney.... :rolleyes1

Hi there! Just booked this cruise today for our family of four, flying down the day prior. Looks like we are too late for FE, so this will be our first DCL cruise *not* doing the FE, and also the shortest we have ever booked on Disney. Really looking forward to seeing the reimagined Magic! :) We were onboard Princess last week and found ourselves constantly comparing everything to Disney.... :rolleyes1

Hi Mandy! I think we are on the WBTA 2014 together next year. Well, at least for now. We're still debating whether to take it and will know by January. Have a nice cruise!

Hi Mandy! I think we are on the WBTA 2014 together next year. Well, at least for now. We're still debating whether to take it and will know by January. Have a nice cruise!

Hey there! Yes - it seems like such a long ways off. We booked WBTA 2014 on opening day. Not sure how to take a short cruise - the longer cruises are so addictive (we've done the transatlantic each way on the Magic previously). Booked this one to see Castaway Cay decorated for the holidays - in-person :goodvibes

Hello all we just booked today...is it too late to join the FE...
Linda DM
Trevor DH
Justin DS (21)
Tyler DS (14)
Thanks in advance
Disneymomof2

I know we are too late for the FE, but if anyone wants to add us to your list (especially DD Kayla, age 9) we would love to drop goodies off to you too. Kayla is a Rainbow Loomer...and would love to make some items to share.

Stephanie

I have a question for anyone out there. My 4yo DS keeps seeing commercials for the new Disney movie "Frozen" & he is so looking forward to it! The movie is slated for release 11/27/13...any chance they will have this playing onboard??

Hi Airien - I'm confident they'll show the movie. We were on board the day Brother Bear was released and you could even get a special PremEAR at sea pin. I'm hoping to be able to see it with my 4yo too. She's never seen a Disney movie in full length nor theatre - only 1D's movie!

Thor 2 is being played onboard now and Frozen is scheduled to PremEAR at sea 11/27. We are planning on seeing both!

Just booked our pre- and post- cruise hotel in FLL since that is where we are flying into. This is the shortest notice we have ever booked a cruise - throwing together flights, transportation, etc. plus will be packing without the kiddos seeing us pack so we can surprise them. :goodvibes

Now, onto shuttle services to Port of Miami (haven't cruised from Miami since 2003 for our wedding cruise!) and car rental for post-cruise (we are actually going to do an airboat ride - how many times have we been to southern Florida and never actually to the Everglades?!?)

We are late dining, so this will be the first time on any cruise line we won't have to be rushing off the ship for a flight home and plan to enjoy late breakfast and the Magic as long as we can (anything later than standing in line at 7am is "late" for us LOL). Seems like we are always headed to catch an early flight. Our cruise last week, we were off the ship and at the gate at the airport by 8:20, already past security. (Port of Houston for a Princess cruise) Looking VERY forward to this! :thumbsup2

We had much preferred Port Everglades to Port of Miami. Same thing when flying through FLL vs MIA. When we figured out it had been since 2003 for POM we realized just how quickly time flies. Eeek!

I've been hearing that port of Miami is a nuthouse...hopefully it won't be too bad for us.

We were just there last week for a RCL preview cruise and it wasn't bad- even with 5 ships in! We went out of G which was next to the Magic.

Hi everyone,

I am really sorry we haven't been posting here. We were not sure if we'd be able to make this cruise with work commitments and moved ourselves over to the Jan 2nd 3nt for a couple weeks.

Which is why we never signed up for the FE. Just didn't want to inconvenience anyone here with the time constraints.

We are happy to report we are back!!! And can't wait to go!!!

What is everyone who is flying out of FLL doing to get to the port?

Also, if we drive - where do we park?

we have never cruised out of Miami.

any help is greatly appreciated.

thanks so much
christine

Hi everyone,

I am really sorry we haven't been posting here. We were not sure if we'd be able to make this cruise with work commitments and moved ourselves over to the Jan 2nd 3nt for a couple weeks.

Which is why we never signed up for the FE. Just didn't want to inconvenience anyone here with the time constraints.

We are happy to report we are back!!! And can't wait to go!!!

What is everyone who is flying out of FLL doing to get to the port?

Also, if we drive - where do we park?

we have never cruised out of Miami.

any help is greatly appreciated.

thanks so much
christine

Hi there. We cruised out of Miami about 5 years ago. We drove down the night before from central FL, and stayed right near the port. We actually parked at the port as we had never cruised out of Miami, nor on Carnival. It was very easy and convenient! It is up to $20/night now, so we are looking at options too. We are driving down after picking up DD after school Tues. I am hoping to find a good deal on a hotel near the port on Priceline...still time to bid! I have also found a few park and cruise places near the port (we use a park & cruise or stay & cruise when going out of Port Canaveral, even though we live 1 hour away for convenience and price vs paying at the port).

$ 47.63 with taxes, free shuttle up to 4 people, and parking for cruise. http://premierparkingusa.com/discount-miami-cruise-parking?utm_source=adcenter&utm_medium=cpc

$8.50/day+ fees and tax
http://premiercruiseparking.com/Par...:00 AM&edate=12/8/2013&etime=09:30 AM&siteid=

thanks BealsRwe:

this is becoming quite a project.
We are planning to fly in to FLL the night before. Spirit is offering some great fares right now out of Atlantic City.

I priced out Mears - FLL to the port. (since they are reputable)
$125.80 for 8-10 pass in a luxury van with extended cargo.
Anyone interested in sharing a ride?

I'm taking Amtrak from Orlando to Miami, then taking miami's light rail to the vicinity near the hotel I have. I think it's only gonna be $2.50 to take the light rail! After the cruise I'm taking amtrak back home to Tampa :) it's quite inexpensive and I'm kinda an Amtrak addict so I love it!

I'm taking Amtrak from Orlando to Miami, then taking miami's light rail to the vicinity near the hotel I have. I think it's only gonna be $2.50 to take the light rail! After the cruise I'm taking amtrak back home to Tampa :) it's quite inexpensive and I'm kinda an Amtrak addict so I love it!

wish we knew our way around the FL rails to travel like this. How are you getting back and forth to the port?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter