• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dec 2011 Car Rental Rates

anyone found a good deal today? I'm not finding any deals to try and whittle the price down a bit more...
Not "earth-shattering", but I did get an Alamo double upgrade link from the "Hot Deals" tab to finally work for me...
Ford Fusion: 12 days: mid-December for just a bit over $200.
I have been trying to get my $300+ "Full-size" down for weeks and I just decided to go with the Fusion for now. I hear the trunk is pretty good size, so I think we'll be fine.

Looks like Dec. 13th is the "magic" date. We arrive on 12/14 and depart 12/22. Rates are still pretty high for those dates but if I back up my arrival to 12/13 on the alamo site, the rate is about 1/2 the price. Too bad I can't really arrive that day!

Just got notice through Autoslash.com that my Dollar rental has gone down to $136.81, started at $171 and change. I will be at Disney Dec. 17 - 21, flying into Sanford. Autoslash is a free service, you make your reservation though them and they watch for price drops and rebook your car every time there is a price drop. This is the fourth time they have rebooked my car. They do not work with all car companies, but you might want to give them a try.

Just got notice through Autoslash.com that my Dollar rental has gone down to $136.81, started at $171 and change. I will be at Disney Dec. 17 - 31, flying into Sanford. Autoslash is a free service, you make your reservation though them and they watch for price drops and rebook your car every time there is a price drop. This is the fourth time they have rebooked my car. They do not work with all car companies, but you might want to give them a try.
That's a great rate! Is that per week? Both weeks? With or without taxes?

ETA, what codes are you using?!? I can't get anything to come up using Dollar for your dates for less than about $400 per week !

That's a great rate! Is that per week? Both weeks? With or without taxes?

ETA, what codes are you using?!? I can't get anything to come up using Dollar for your dates for less than about $400 per week !

I am soooo sorry, my dates are Dec. 17 - 21 not 31. I can;t type in the mornings. With Autoslash you don't use codes, you just give them your trip information and they do the rest.

I am soooo sorry, my dates are Dec. 17 - 21 not 31. I can;t type in the mornings. With Autoslash you don't use codes, you just give them your trip information and they do the rest.
That makes sense :). I was initially excited when I typed in your dates into autoslash.com. Then I realized that I was getting rates for SAN (San Diego) and not SFB (Sanford, FL) :lmao:.

That makes sense :). I was initially excited when I typed in your dates into autoslash.com. Then I realized that I was getting rates for SAN (San Diego) and not SFB (Sanford, FL) :lmao:.

I would give them a try. The first rate always seems to come down.

Just saw this in another thread, thought it might help someone:
ALAMO INSIDERS 20% OFF FLORIDA RENTALS HAS BEEN EXTENDED THROUGH DEC 7!!

Keep in mind that rates shown on AutoSlash.com are un-discounted. The way our site works is that once you book, we'll work to apply coupons and discounts to lower the rate. Our system can very quickly figure out the optimal discount codes to get you the lowest possible rate. Many of our customers receive a price reduction in the first 24 hours after booking.

Then we'll re-price your rental multiple times a day. If rates drop, we'll automatically re-book you to take advantage of the savings. We do all this for free.

While we don't currently support Alamo (their choice--not ours), in a majority of cases we can beat Alamo's best rates after we discount Hertz, Dollar or Thrifty. If you have any doubts, book the best deal you can find with Alamo, and then book a second reservation with AutoSlash. You can just cancel whichever one is higher the day before your trip. :)

Ugh - No good discounts for a car for 3 (2 1/2 really) days 12/16 - 12/18. The cheapest thing I found is through carrentalsavers.com (Payless) and is off airport property - I have to call for a shuttle when I arrive. I'm hoping something will come along closer to my trip. If anyone has any advice or codes, I'd appreciate it. I've tried the codes I've seen so far but most are for longer rental periods. Hoping Alamo extends their $15 a day for weekends code!

Update: My Payless off-airport rental was $85 for a sub-compact for three days. Today, Dollar and Thrifty both undercut that, Thrifty was $68 for three days (including fees), and then I cancelled that one because Dollar was $62 for a compact. I'm much happier now! Wish I could stay longer but no such luck! :santa:

Thanks for posting this! I modified my existing Alamo reservation and the rental went down $4 more!

Just saw this in another thread, thought it might help someone:
ALAMO INSIDERS 20% OFF FLORIDA RENTALS HAS BEEN EXTENDED THROUGH DEC 7!!

Alamo rates are down for premium cars today. I got a ressie for 8 days (Dec. 14-22) for $135 total. Anybody know what is offered on the premium aisle? I still have my midsize ressie for $112 and I am trying to decide which one to keep.

My mid-size at Alamo just went down again. $83 total for 12/10-12/14, so excited. Started at $160!

Alamo rates are down for premium cars today. I got a ressie for 8 days (Dec. 14-22) for $135 total. Anybody know what is offered on the premium aisle? I still have my midsize ressie for $112 and I am trying to decide which one to keep.
What codes?

This is info from another thread about what is offered on the premium aisle at Alamo: The Premiums we have are: Chrysler 300, Ford Taurus, Honda Accord, Maxima, just to name a few.
Also: A premium is the essentially the same size (as a full size), just a few better appointments.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter