Dec 2011 Car Rental Rates

Another $9 down...$230 for midsize SUV at National w/entertainment and
ND8578ADT [from national site per FT board]. Love it when it moves down! :cool1:

In case you are interested a minivan with Budget using BCD x474200 (travelocity public code)and E-Coupon MUGZ029 for $30 off the total is $329.27 after $30 coupon is applied when you return vehicle.

Thanks for the tip on the minivan. That is the cheapest I have seen for renting a minivan during our trip. I also checked my Alamo rates again, and they've gone down to $97.10. I can't see spending $230+ more for a minivan versus a full size car. Guess we'll all just have to be close and cozy! :lmao:

I need 9 or 10 days midsize. I prefer National so I saw
$262.25 picking up at the Dolphin midsize 9 days $262.25 or
picking up at CCC 10 day $297.66.
My dates are 12/2 to 12/12/11.

I'll keep checking...
Alamo picking up at MCO, dropping off at Dolphin, 10 day compact is $148.56.
12/2 to 12/12/11.

Can everyone post the codes they used and which rental agency they are using. I am trying to get our cost down, and Im having to use two cars to do it since we cant find an 8 pass van. The big vans used to be very cheap, but its over 2000.00 for the time we are there, I think in part to Pop Warner happening at the same time.

Our dates are the 3rd-14th.

Thank you so much!

Just read back through the thread. I think we've all posted the codes/companies at least once. I don't repost them everytime my rate drops since it's been dropping so frequently.

Can everyone post the codes they used and which rental agency they are using. I am trying to get our cost down, and Im having to use two cars to do it since we cant find an 8 pass van. The big vans used to be very cheap, but its over 2000.00 for the time we are there, I think in part to Pop Warner happening at the same time.

Our dates are the 3rd-14th.

Thank you so much!

I found a rate of $68.72 total at carsavers.com for an intermediate at Alamo for 12/3 - 12/7. This is about $20 less than I was paying for a compact.

However, I had to play around with my times. Can someone tell me if this will be a problem? We arrive in Orlando at 12:45pm on Saturday, and leave at 5:35 on Wednesday. I rented the car for pickup at 1pm, and drop off at 4pm. Realistically we probably won't get to the rental kiosk until around 1:30, and will drop off closer to 3:30. However, if I entered these times into the reservation (which would be an hour shorter rental period total) it cost about $30 more. So, if I pick up a little later than my reservation and drop off a little earlier, will Alamo still honor the rate? Or will they fleece me for more money even though its a shorter rental?

Just read back through the thread. I think we've all posted the codes/companies at least once. I don't repost them everytime my rate drops since it's been dropping so frequently.
:lmao: Thats my problem! Everyone keeps rebooking and I dont know if they are still using the same codes or not. :confused3

This is one thing Id love to pay someone to do for me...I HATE spending hours trying codes for these things.:surfweb:

Carsavers.com takes me to a repair site????
This thread is now 7 pages long and it is very hard to go back and check to see which codes and companies everyone is using. Reposting would be helpful. Thanks.

This thread is now 7 pages long and it is very hard to go back and check to see which codes and companies everyone is using. Reposting would be helpful. Thanks.

We are still holding tight with our original reservation: economy car, picking up December 31 and dropping off on January 7th at MCO, $185 plus taxes/fees through National using AMEX code #5125601.

So far, haven't been able to find anything that beats it, though I will admit to checking www.carrentalsavers.com almost on a daily basis. :upsidedow

:lmao: Thats my problem! Everyone keeps rebooking and I dont know if they are still using the same codes or not. :confused3

This is one thing Id love to pay someone to do for me...I HATE spending hours trying codes for these things.:surfweb:

Normally with these threads it will be mentioned in the post if a better code/coupon was found. Otherwise we're all just rebooking using the original reservation info.

Goodness...I just decided to play around with it and here's what I booked-
Using the Costco ID 7015309 and the coupon AD239FDF.
Pick up @ MCO 12/9 at 9:30pm, Drop off @ MCO 12/18 1:30pm
$114 a week
$16.36 a day for 2 extra days
20% off with Costco ID (-$22.09)
Coupon (-$35)
Subtotal $90.18
Total with taxes/fees $145.60:banana:

This is now down to $113...I also plugged these codes and did pick up @MCO 12/9, drop off @Car Care Center 12/16 and got a compact for $90. Now to decide which to keep. I don't 'need' the rental for our entire trip so I could easily go with the cheaper one and it would be fine.

:thumbsup2 most of us are using the alamo codes above, a few did the ent double upgrade coupon. all of this can be found in the first 2-4 pages, repeated several times.

Yep - I meant carrentalsavers.com - sorry!

I'm glad I checked this thread! My Alamo rental rate went down about $20. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter