Dec 20-24 Am I crazy

Poppcorn

Earning My Ears
Forgive me if this is in the wrong section. I'm thinking of a last minute trip with my 12yr old daughter that week before Christmas. Am I crazy? Is it so busy we can't get anywhere or on anything? I've never been when it's as Kenny the pirate says "INSANE CROWDS"! Thanks for any tips or insight you give

No sure if you are planning to stay on or off site and can take advantage of EMH. You will also be a little behind on FP because the 60 day window just hit. I am not sure what your plan is, but we typically go during this time of year, and it always amazes me how much you can do within the first few hours if you get there at rope drop and/or can take advantage of EMH.

Just me, but it all depends on your expectations. We have been the last few years during this same time, and after the first year, we no longer fall into the trap of thinking we are going to get to do everything we want at each park and ride every headliner whenever we want. We go early in the morning and try to do what we want and then take a break around lunch and relax. We then come back in the evening and typically use our 3 FPs or catch a show, and if we can get in anything else, it its just icing on the cake. At least for us, you just have to stop and realize that you are at the best place on earth at the best time of year!!!

If you are crazy, than so am I. I have only teenagers and adult children. My plan is to stay up late and hit MK on the days when it is open until 2am. We did that 5 yrs ago on a Christmas trip, and I thought it was the best trip ever. It is amazing how many things you can ride after midnight with almost no wait.

Crazy? Heck yeah, we're all crazy with the Disney Delirium! RD & Late nights are your best bets for parks. I'm sure you'll find something to occupy the midday hours. :earsboy:

Im crazy too... going on December 18-23, with the wife and 2 (3 yr old) twins.. got adrs, fast passes and staying on property... so im prepared for the chaos..

I don't think you are crazy. We have been to Walt Disney World many times for Christmas and the crowds are manageable until after Christmas. Then WOW, it really gets busy! Looking at the rooms available at DVC resorts there are usually opening for the 23 and 24. Just get to the parks before opening and take time to relax. Then head back to the parks in the evening. Don't forget to spend time at the Grand Floridian and the Wilderness Lodge. So many beautiful Christmas decorations to enjoy!

Don't expect to walk on to rides or find lots of open seating at CS restaurants, but it's a fun time to go. The holiday decorations and seasonal spirit are the best-- nobody does Christmas like Disney. We focus our time on the holiday offerings like CP, holiday storytellers, Dapper Dans/Voices of Liberty holiday shows, etc and are never disappointed.

Don't expect to walk on to rides or find lots of open seating at CS restaurants, but it's a fun time to go. The holiday decorations and seasonal spirit are the best-- nobody does Christmas like Disney. We focus our time on the holiday offerings like CP, holiday storytellers, Dapper Dans/Voices of Liberty holiday shows, etc and are never disappointed.

That's how we've done it. You'll see some attractions - you just have to know it's going to be crowded and adjust expectations. You won't do as many rides. Meals will take longer. Bathroom breaks will take longer. We didn't find meal/bathroom lines unreasonable, though.
...you imply crazy is a bad thing... :santa:

We're crazy too! 18th-22nd for our trip. Honestly I've been to Disney at Christmas many times and never found the crowds that unmanageable. You can get a ton done in the mornings. The only day I've ever been there when it was too busy to be fun was New Year's Eve day. And even that trip, we literally walked on every single ride with no wait until noon. That's when the crowds showed up.

Forgive me if this is in the wrong section. I'm thinking of a last minute trip with my 12yr old daughter that week before Christmas. Am I crazy? Is it so busy we can't get anywhere or on anything? I've never been when it's as Kenny the pirate says "INSANE CROWDS"! Thanks for any tips or insight you give

Actually, the week before Christmas is a really good time to go. Much better than the week between XMAS and NY. A lot of schools don't get out till right before XMAS so the crowds will get worse everyday you get closer to the holiday. During the week between XMAS and NY, I would say know that your 3 FP might be the only rides you do. lol and even those waits will be horrendous. Not so much the week before XMAS. It is soo much better.

Another crazy here! We are staying on-site 12/20 - 12/26. It's beautiful at Christmas and you should go and just know it will be busy but its busy and Disney!:santa::santa:

So than I'm crazy too. Would say, "we are all mad here":ccat:
Last year my first trip at all, this year my second - and both solo over the holidays. Didn't regret it last year and won't regret it this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter