• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dear Night Time Parade,

"Ladies and Gentelmen, Boys and Girls, the Magic Kingdom proudly presents our spectacular festival pageant of nighttime magic and imagination in thousands of sparkling lights and electrosynthomagnetic musical sounds...The Main Street Electrical Parade."

Yep we will be there in a few weeks, and my wife and I joked that we guess we need to bring an iPad and go over to our regular watching spot over in Liberty Square and watch the below and use our imagination:

And then once we watch that, maybe we want to go back a little more and watch the one that our daughter first saw when she was 6 years old:

Yep we will be there in a few weeks, and my wife and I joked that we guess we need to bring an iPad and go over to our regular watching spot over in Liberty Square and watch the below and use our imagination:

And then once we watch that, maybe we want to go back a little more and watch the one that our daughter first saw when she was 6 years old:

That would definitely be making your own magic!
I'm so disappointed this still isn't figured out
I think it's figured out. WDW will have another night parade when they're willing to pay for one.

I actually think they are losing money since the park has been closing an hour earlier on more nights than it used to
The parade ended in October. If they were losing money, then we'd probably hear some plans leaking out about something new on its way by now.

And even if they were losing some money, it might be less than the cost of running a parade.

We need a petition to bring Paint the Night to WDW. So glad we got to see that at Disneyland last year. IMO, Disney is just not Disney without a night time parade.

THIS!!! We have watched this on YouTube and fell in LOVE!! We were not fans of MSEP but loved Spectro. PLEEEEASE Disney......give us a version of PTN in WDW!!!:worship:

This is probably getting off on a tangent, but since we can assume that $$ is certainly an issue in removing the parade, it does raise the question. Where CAN Disney make cuts that would help them financially but not have a huge impact on guests?

I sat here trying to think of a scenario that would have made me happier, like, "I wish they would have cut money going to XXX instead of MSEP" and I really couldn't think of where they might have made cuts elsewhere that would have been any better.

Not defending the lack of nighttime parade at all. I'm with you guys. I want one back! It's one of those special WDW things that makes it special.

I just can't imagine Disney would cut something that they know is popular and loved if they didn't absolutely have to!

What is crazier to me is pulling the paint the night parade for MSEP at Disneyland. Just makes no sense to me.
We need a petition to bring Paint the Night to WDW. So glad we got to see that at Disneyland last year. IMO, Disney is just not Disney without a night time parade.
THIS!!! We have watched this on YouTube and fell in LOVE!! We were not fans of MSEP but loved Spectro. PLEEEEASE Disney......give us a version of PTN in WDW!!!:worship:

I agree the whole thing seems nuts and we likely don't know the whole story. What we do know is that both parades are owned by DLR and if WDW wants a night parade, they should invest one of their own.

I'm in the minority but I'm glad they got rid of it. Wouldn't have minded it staying if it was a better parade and was updated. I was also really glad when they got rid of the Animal Kingdom parade as those walkways were way to small to have a parade while people are trying to navigate

I think it's safe to say there is no parade in the works. Not even a rumor? Not good. I'm not sure they are losing money for not having one, only they know that.

There is a rumor that those in charge of sending the parade back have been reprimanded for not having a replacement due to a decrease in park sales

There is a rumor that those in charge of sending the parade back have been reprimanded for not having a replacement due to a decrease in park sales

I hope that's true but I'd be interested in hearing more about why no replacement was in place. Having just come back from WDW last week (and after spring break/Easter crowds) there was certainly no obvious park sales decline though! If anything caused has affected a decline it has been the constant ticket price increases and rise in resort $ rates.

I hope that's true but I'd be interested in hearing more about why no replacement was in place. Having just come back from WDW last week (and after spring break/Easter crowds) there was certainly no obvious park sales decline though! If anything caused has affected a decline it has been the constant ticket price increases and rise in resort $ rates.

when i say sales i'm referring to night sales

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter