• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dear Kevin and John

I've also recently gone back and started listening to the old episodes. I can't recommend it enough. The episodes totally hold up, even 7-8 years later. The dining reviews are easily some of the most entertaining segments and I can't tell you how many times I've cracked up at something John or Kevin said! That being said, I'd love some new reviews!

*Edited to add that I feel so strongly about this, that even though I joined the site 7 years ago, this is my first post!

Last edited:
Any time we get more Kevin and John is a good thing, but since more reviews may be few and far between, I have a suggestion for anyone craving more of their reviews. Now, I don't know how long you've been listening and you may do this already - but this is what I do to feed my unhealthy (some of my family claim, but what do they know?) addiction of the podcasts, I have gone back to the very beginning and am listening to all the old shows. There are oodles of Kevin's food reviews. And added bonuses: Julie's Store Tours, lots of genius-level hilarity by John (I'm up to June 09, if you old timers get that reference), really good Pete rants (the unveiling of D23 was particularly Ire-raising, resulting in a bleep - very exciting), lots of Teresa teasing about her 900 number voice, you get to meet adorable young Will and understand how he fits into the DIS Unplugged Univerese, and of course - Bob, who is the #1 reason that I am so glad I decided to go back and listen to the old shows. To get to know him even a little bit through listening to those first couple of seasons is to fall in love with him. I hope to meet all the podcasters eventually, and to know he isn't one I'll get to meet makes me sad. Really, if you love the podcast and are a relatively new listener, I encourage you to listen to the old ones. It's a great way to kill time between new shows.

You're not alone! I listen to old shows all of the time. :goodvibes

Thanks for the list of shows... If somebody is looking for a good blog post - this would be a good one. I listened to the CRT review last night and it was gold. The menu has changed a bit, but it was still awesome to hear the synthesis.

Thanks, Mike! personally recommend these two fine dishes...

Liberty Tree Tavern 12/6/06

Coral Reef 8/8/06 or 9/4/07

Bon Apetite! :-)

This is such a good idea! Going to start making my way through that list on my days off from work this week :D

I was just thinking yesterday that it's been awhile since we've heard a dining review. Seems like there are a few new restaurants that would be perfect. I would also be interested in revisiting some of the restaurants that were reviewed along time ago (ie 2006, 2007, 2008). I'm sure some thing have to have changed.

I listened to the CRT, Tonys, and Chefs De France... all were amazing. I see why people miss these! I think Dustin is going to have some good show ideas for these in the future!

Thanks for the suggestion. I did send an email to let them know I would love to hear more dining reviews from Kevin and John . I think it would be the perfect time now with all the new restaurants opening at downtown Disney .

I have been binge listening to lots of old reviews lately. I always get a kick out of them. They're golden.

Man, now I'm *really* sorry that the podcast got canceled today! John posted a pic on his Twitter feed of them out doing the review, and it is clearly The Boathouse. I'm so anxious to hear their review of that one. We're headed to WDW soon, and I'm seriously considering going there.

I have been binge listening to lots of old reviews lately. I always get a kick out of them. They're golden.

THIS.

Just this morning I listened to a couple of reviews from two years ago....Coral Reef and Liberty Tree Tavern. Co-workers were probably wondering why I was laughing out loud. "Soup Kitchen Thanksgiving", "Two cast members who had lost their joy"....just fantastic.

Man, now I'm *really* sorry that the podcast got canceled today! John posted a pic on his Twitter feed of them out doing the review, and it is clearly The Boathouse. I'm so anxious to hear their review of that one. We're headed to WDW soon, and I'm seriously considering going there.
I wouldn't be surprised to hear the review next week instead. As noted elsewhere here on the DIS there were just some unusual, last-minute coincidences/conflicts that keep them from doing the show this week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter