DDP was great!

• Thread starter living la vida mickey
  • Start date
L

living la vida mickey

DH and I spent 4 nights at SSR in July and used the DDP. It was wonderful. We ate at 50's Prime Time in Epcot which we had never done before. Make sure and get the fried herb cheese appetizer; it's delicious. The pot roast was good and the sundaes were fun for dessert. The next night ate at Le Cellier. Good food. The filet was great. I wasn't thrilled with the shrimp cocktail for an appetizer but the cheese plate was great. We had the sampler for two for dessert. Third night was Wolfgand Puck's in DTD. Great meal. The crab cakes were incredible. I had the weinerschnitzel which was good and also huge. Took a doggie bag back to the room. Dessert of choc. fondue with berries, brownies and pound cake was terrific. Took a lot of that back to the room too. (We had a studio with a fridge and microwave.) Last night we ate at Cap'n Jack's in DTD. We had the twin lobster tails.
CS worked well for us. Used some at Artist's Palette at SSR for late breakfasts. Love the CS choices at the Land in Epcot. We had these excellent salads with sliced beef on them and for dessert anything from the pastry case. The Soarin' creme brulee is very good. AT MGM we went to the CS right by Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground. The Caesar Chicken wrap was good and they have a fresh fruit eclair for dessert that was light and not a lot of calories.
Snack options - we used them for a variety of things including bagels and orange juice for breakfast in the studio. Items were clearly marked as snack options in the store at SSR and just about anywhere else that we went. It's not hard to figure out what you can and can't do.
As for tipping. We tipped the CM at Wolfgang Puck's extra because he went above and beyond. If they're good but not exceptional, we feel that the 18% is fine. We usually tip 20% when we're out dining.
Make sure that you make your ADR's and enjoy yourself. We're going back in Jan. and bringing our DS and his family(including our then 21 month old grandson). We expect the DDP will fulfill our needs as well on that trip too.

Enjoyed your DDP report. It is really nice to read specifics about good CS spots.

Your dinner at Puck's sounds really good. We like it there too but usually go for lunch. Was it busy the night you were there?

It was busy, but we had made ADRs and had about 10 minute wait. No rush at the table though. Try it for dinner especially if you the DDP!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter