DDP drink exchange for snacks.......

goofymom/pop

<font color=deeppink>oh where oh where can the tag
hello.....just reading the DDP PDFs and I notice for QS it states that you can exchange your drink for any available snack at the location. Just wondering has anyone done this? Thinking that at the hotel if your eating at the food court it would be beneficial to swap it our for a snack since we will have refillable mugs. I am not a big breakfast eater so I could get a yogurt parfait for a snack with my adult sons meal.

Thoughts?

Yes, you can. This change in the CS meals makes it very easy to share & stretch your 1 cs credit to cover 2 meals per day. My adult DD and I always split CS meals.

You may now switch out either your drink or dessert for an additional side (or drink) when using a Counter Service credit. For example , for breakfast at your resort, you could use your refillable mug for coffee and get fruit/yogurt/muffin instead of an additional drink. You could get a bounty platter - eggs, home fries, waffle, bacon, sausage, and a biscuit. Swap the drink for a container of fresh fruit & I could feed 3 of us!!!

We did this several times at Saratoga Springs food court. We would use our refillable mug for the drink and chose a second dessert or snack. Most of the time it was a fruit cup of yogurt. Worked great!
We also used a few credits (child) to get the girls an adult meal to split and then would exchange the drink for another dessert. This way they each got a cookie or whatever they wanted.

We did this several times at Saratoga Springs food court. We would use our refillable mug for the drink and chose a second dessert or snack. Most of the time it was a fruit cup of yogurt. Worked great!
We also used a few credits (child) to get the girls an adult meal to split and then would exchange the drink for another dessert. This way they each got a cookie or whatever they wanted.

My daughter is an adult and we easily split CS meals before this change. Now it's a no brainer. Many CS meals are huge!!

My daughter is an adult and we easily split CS meals before this change. Now it's a no brainer. Many CS meals are huge!!

I agree! Especially breakfast. It's easy to supplement with some fruit or yogurt too.

Great news....and all legal according to the Disney pdf regarding dining. It will definitely stretch our CS credits, not that you need to.

I understand the allure of the dining plan, but just to put this in perspective. When you use it for breakfast, even with the substitutions, you're "spending" around $14.50 for a credit that is worth at least $18, and probably closer to $19. Yes, you're splitting it and using all your credits to cover all your meals, but you could do the same thing OOP for less money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter