DDP Cast Member Discount

jbuey22

Mouseketeer
We set up a trip in August and My daughter who used to be a cast member still has alot of friends that work in Disney. One of her friends got us a Friends and Family discount for the room which was substantial at 40%.

We are getting tickets through undercover tourist which after research I found to be the cheapest.

My last question is, can the same Cast Member who booked our room add the DDP and how much of a Discount do they get for Friends and Family?

Has anybody ever had experience with this?

Please let me know, Thanks

Depends if they are offering the ddp for cm discount during the time period. It is not always an option to add.

Whenever I've had a cm discounted room, the email confirmation I have received has had a number to call that has allowed me to make changes. I have called, given my reservation number, and added the ddp myself if it has been available. I don't know the exact discount, but it has been definitely worth it. I believe any time I have added the ddp, it had also increased the room discount to 50%. Note: deluxe dining plan has never had never been an option for me, only quick service or regular ddp.

Others have reported that they have not been able to make any changes, and that the cm had to do it. So be prepared for that possibility. Doesn't hurt to try to call and ask though.

I have rooms booked for our family trip in December. Got the 3 rooms allowed at 50% and 1 room at the friends and family rate. I was able to add the regular dining plan to all rooms for full price. Have the cast member call and see if it can be added. We are staying at the same resort, so I am not sure if that makes a difference.

DH and I booked a room in midMay and he was able to add the DDP for $36 per person per night. I'm not sure how much of a discount that was, it was the 1qs, 1ts, 1snack plan.

My husband I had that along with the special 60% off room in mid May at the YC. It depends on what deals are offered when you want to go.

My husband I had that along with the special 60% off room in mid May at the YC. It depends on what deals are offered when you want to go.

That's what we had too 60% off and that discounted dining plan but we stayed at AKL.

5/31/13-8/17/13 the CM rate for Friends and Family are $46.99 per adult or 16.99 per child

I just booked this morning with my Daughter and it was nearly $10 off the rack rate for Dining Plan and she got us 50% off at POR Aug 3-9...

I just called the Cast reservation phone # that they attached to my resort confirmation email and inquired about adding the DDP.

First off they took an additional 10% off of the room taking it up to a 50% discount. Then they gave us the DDP at a discount of $13.00 per person per night.

That was awesome!!!!!!

5/31/13-8/17/13 the CM rate for Friends and Family are $46.99 per adult or 16.99 per child

I just booked this morning with my Daughter and it was nearly $10 off the rack rate for Dining Plan and she got us 50% off at POR Aug 3-9...

Yes this is exactly what I got first they discounted the room further to 50%. which took another $209.00 off of our preffered room at CBR then they gave us the DDP for $10 off of the standard rate of $56.94. So we paid $46.96 per night per person for the DDP. I am ok with that. Only thing is it is gonna be tough to get ressies this close to the Dates of early Aug

I'm almost glad I don't know anyone that can get me those rates! I'd HAVE to take another trip...currently going through withdrawals!! :rotfl2:

Yes this is exactly what I got first they discounted the room further to 50%. which took another $209.00 off of our preffered room at CBR then they gave us the DDP for $10 off of the standard rate of $56.94. So we paid $46.96 per night per person for the DDP. I am ok with that. Only thing is it is gonna be tough to get ressies this close to the Dates of early Aug

Your right about Reservations. I started looking at a couple places we want and the only opening is like 7:00am:confused3

Does she have any friends that work at the DRC? ;)

I'm almost glad I don't know anyone that can get me those rates! I'd HAVE to take another trip...currently going through withdrawals!! :rotfl2:

I agree with you! I do have a trip booked for September but would definitely be a lot easier if I was good friends with a CM!!! :rotfl2:

I too got out Pop room lowered and got the qs ddp for 19.99 per person per day. Love it!

I'm cooky for MICKEY!

I retired 2 years ago after 18 years with the Disney Store and I am loving being able to travel more often to my favorite place. My husband and I treat our 3 children and their families every year for their Christmas present. This year we are at the Beach Club, always have stayed Boardwalk with them, and the grandchildren were sad they won't see their friends at the Innkeeper's Club at the Boardwalk. Their parents quickly told them they were lucky to be going at all! Of course I have spoiled them by only staying club level with them so my children say every other hotel they stay at during other vacations the kids don't understand why there is no lounge!!!!

Needless to say I have had many of my children's friends ask me to adopt them.

Does this work for Disney World if the person works at Disneyland and do they have to be on the trip or can they just make a reservation for you and then you can pay on it or make changes? I know some Disneyland people and this could be a great way to save for a Nov 2014 trip! Its been way too long since my last one.

You would have to call and ask but I believe at some point the CM has to show up at the Resort Hotel and show a valid Disney ID or Blue Card to ensure the discount.

excerpt from the HUB:

Cast Member ID required within 10 days of the Guest's arrival. Cast Member does not need to stay in the room.

Since you are talking Disneyland CM and you're going to Disney World they may be able to do this somewhere on DL Property.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter