DDP Cast Member Discount

jbuey22

Mouseketeer
We set up a trip in August and My daughter who used to be a cast member still has alot of friends that work in Disney. One of her friends got us a Friends and Family discount for the room which was substantial at 40%.

We are getting tickets through undercover tourist which after research I found to be the cheapest.

My last question is, can the same Cast Member who booked our room add the DDP and how much of a Discount do they get for Friends and Family?

Has anybody ever had experience with this?

Please let me know, Thanks

The DDP discount is not offered all the time. It's generally a rather good deal but the person who booked the room would have to call and see if it's possible to add.

5/31/13-8/17/13 the CM rate for Friends and Family are $46.99 per adult or 16.99 per child

I just booked this morning with my Daughter and it was nearly $10 off the rack rate for Dining Plan and she got us 50% off at POR Aug 3-9...

Can anyone tell me if anything is showing in the Hub for discounts for after Aug 17th yet for rooms or DDP? Thanks

What about the quick service dining plan? Is it offered at a discount? Thanks.

I called Disney and not only did the CM who I spoke with give me the Friends and family discount on the DDP which was about 15% off or 10$ a day off of the standard rate. BUT at that time she gave me an additional 10% off of our room rate bringing it UP to 50% off of the room with thye Friends and Family discount in August.

So after she credited us the 10% additional savings (we had already paid for the room in full) and after the 15% F & F discount on the DDP our balance was exactly $1440 to add the DDP for 4 adults.

Thsat comes out to $40 a day per person for the standard DDP with 1 Table, 1 Quick & 1 Snack deal. I am sure we could have gotten a discount on the quick service plan OR the Deluxe plan as well, but we always get the standard DDP.

NOW having said that, That is not the Price ($40 a day) after the F&F Disciount. That is the price I calculated AFTER the F&F Discount AND the additional 10% we received off of our room. But when trying to convince the wife if we should jump on it (1440$ is alot of money) I used that price to convince the wife that it was worth it.

Because our initial plan was to get the F&F on the room, get the Price bridging discount on the Undercover Tourist tickets(which we saved $220 on tickets alltogether) and to severely skimp and save on food, eat in our room breakfast and snacks, etc and quick service and meal sharing the rest of the way.

BUT for $40 a day how can you go wrong. 1 table service meal pays for that right off the bat. Plus we have had DDP the last 4 trips (3 free and 2011 we actually paid full price) so we are a bit spoiled. Then after 2011 when we paid full price for it, we kept all receipts and did the math and our savings was NIL or very little, like less than $100. And we had our receipts to the quick service and did the math thinking we can do quick service and maybe 1 or 2 tables (only the ones we really love) and the math just came out to a savings of closer to 350$. But none of that tops the $1440 for the 10 day 9 night trip.

So it wasnt too hard to convince the wife to eat in class and not worry about saving every nickel. The only problem has been that most of the very good options for ADR's have been taken. But we like alot of the places that most people think are not up to standard. We are a very odd food family. Our favorites are more to the 1 table service option as to the signature and 2 table service credits.

We love Mama Melrose, we love Tony's, we absolutely love the Beirgarten. All of those were quite easy to get ADR's as well as Raglan Road. We love doing Tusker House for breakfast and would love to get into Crystal Palace for breakfast, but that one we cant get.

Thanks all and Good luck!!

I read your post and I just had a question on this. I have a friend who works there also, and she is going to help me set up my feb trip :).

She told me I could get 40% off the room only. Do I have to pay in full the day she books this for me? Normally I go through triple A and make payments, and unfortunately it's the only way I can make that trip. I was just wondering if payments were still an option with going this route. We were hoping for free dining come Feb,, but to be honest, from the sounds of what I read from you, It wouldn't be needed :thumbsup2

Any info you have, will be appreciated, thanks so much!

Cindy

A friend booked our August trip for us on his discount. Only had to pay for first night, then pay in full on arrival.

As for the Dining Plan...I am assuming it is limited, and by resort as we were unable to add it to our room.

Ok, thanks! So as long as the first night is paid, the rest can be done through payments? I will go that route, and it's nice to know what to expect. Thanks so much.

Nothing past Oct 26th yet...

Thank you. If I book it without the discounted DDP, and pay full price and a discount comes up before then can it be added?

Also, we are new at this. If my CM connection books the room for us, should I have him add the park tickets and dining plan, or do I do that myself? Are there discounts on the tickets also?

Still nothing past October 26, and we are planning on checking in December 8. I am really concerned that there will be nothing then since at this point December is completely blacked out. If not, I am going to probably end up paying full rack rate because the discounts being offered at wdw.com are almost sold out. Oy. The longer I wait, the higher it gets. This should be interesting. :)

Thank you. If I book it without the discounted DDP, and pay full price and a discount comes up before then can it be added?

Also, we are new at this. If my CM connection books the room for us, should I have him add the park tickets and dining plan, or do I do that myself? Are there discounts on the tickets also?

TECHNICALLY, the CM is supposed to make all the changes to a CM ressie (which is what this is). Many, but not all, of the CMs who work the CM reservation line will make adjustments to the reservation for others if you have the reservation # (which I am sure you have ;)) But I have gotten ones who want to speak ONLY to the CM! :rolleyes1

Discounts can be added *IF* there is availability at the resort where your reservation is. So to answer your question, it is possible, but not a guarantee. There are limited numbers of CM discounts at each resort, so it would depend on availability.

Personally, since the only way to get a CM discount on park tickets is for the CM to buy them with cash or credit card (credit card must be CM's credit card!) at Company D (I believe it's Co D)... and at most it's only 10% and Co D has fairly limited business type 9 to 5 hours... if they can't get them there for you ahead of time, I would just wait and buy the tickets yourself at your resort when you check in. It won't take but a couple of minutes if you know what type of ticket you want and you won't have involve the CM in another 'regular' price transaction or phone call to the reservation line.

Adding the Full price DDP can be done at any time prior to check in! We have LITERALLY called from the hotel Lobby (actually for the discounted DDP when it was $20.99!!) and added it and then went to the desk and checked in!! No Problems!!!

I have travelled to WDW six times this year on DD's CM discount for a total of 38 nights!!! LOVE that discount!!! :cheer2:

Anything past October 26 yet? I have a F&F Room only rez at AoA Nov 3-12 and hoping to add a discounted dining plan

Anything past October 26 yet? I have a F&F Room only rez at AoA Nov 3-12 and hoping to add a discounted dining plan

No, not yet. I would expect it to be available within the next two weeks. It is early to mid October that the Holiday season specials come out. Your dates are within that period.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter