• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DDE - Worth It's Weight In Gold!

johnnyr

DIS Veteran
We just got back last night. There were 12 in our party. Our DDE card was honered just about everywhere we dined even with 12 people :cool1: :cool1:

Our total savings for the week was $427 :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :earseek: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc This was after subtracting the $50 for the price of the card. Now I have more money to put towards our next trip :teeth: :teeth:

woohoo!!! i just checked my bank account and noticed the cost of the card has been deducted. i ordered ours on february 14. sssoooo......that tells me to be watching the mail. :earboy2: :wave:

I bought my DDE card at the end of Jan. and just got an email verification letter to use on my last trip Feb. 5-10. We had a party of 10 and used the discount a lot - saving a lot! Definitely worth it! And, I finally got the actual card in early March. It doesn't expire until March 31, 2006m so now it will even still be good when we go back next Mardi Gras too on Feb. 28. Yeah! :cheer2:

Great news. When you get a chance could you do a more indepth report. Where you ate, How was it? , WHat you get?, Would you go back? Thanks for sharing.

The discount was easy to get- All of the waiters were exceptional. We made sure totell them about the discount when ordering. Some of the places we ate at with a discount were:Boma in AKL (breakfast every morn.- we stayed there), Beaches and Cream Soda Shop, ESPN Club, 'Ohana, Rose and Crown, Nine Dragons, in France, and in Italy-Alfredo, 50's Prime Time, Sci FI, Chef Mickey's, and the Crystal Palace and Pizzafari. There are so many place the card is good at to enjoy the discount. Every bit helps! These are only the places we ate at this trip. I highly recommend the DDE card! :goodvibes

DDE=disney dining experience. at one time it was only offered to florida residents, but now AP holders are eligible for purchase it. :earboy2: :wave:

johnnyr said:
We just got back last night. There were 12 in our party. Our DDE card was honered just about everywhere we dined even with 12 people :cool1: :cool1:

Our total savings for the week was $427 :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :earseek: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc This was after subtracting the $50 for the price of the card. Now I have more money to put towards our next trip :teeth: :teeth:

Was your flight delayed last night like ours was? We were flying into Philadelphia. Original flight was 8:35 delayed until 12:10 am. Yes I said A.M.
We didn't get home last night until 3:30 am. Thank you USAIR

We just used ours for the first time on a ten day vacation last month. It was paid for in a day. It can be used for up to six people, so covered our family of four and my parents. We used it at every sit down meal we went to, the only place it didn't work was the teppanyaki restaurant in Japan in Epcot. But the hostess said she thought they were the only restaurant that didn't accept it. It also didn't work for the Fantasmic dinner package -- though the extras (wine & drinks) did receive the discount.

Did they allow you to split checks and use the discount both? Two couples (out of 8) of us will have the cards, the rest won't, but all will want to pay seperately, if possible. I can see this driving the servers nuts! Thanks!
Terri

WOW! I've been trying to decide whether the card is worth it for our family. It sounds like it would be worth it for sure. :) Thanks for sharing your experience.

smoochie said:
Was your flight delayed last night like ours was? We were flying into Philadelphia. Original flight was 8:35 delayed until 12:10 am. Yes I said A.M.
We didn't get home last night until 3:30 am. Thank you USAIR

smoochie - We were lucky. We had the 7:20PM US Airways flight and was only delayed 45 mins. We saw a lot of people stuck though. Sorry to hear you were one of them.

This is great news.. I ordered mine 3/3 for our trip in May. It's nice to see a real discount!!

disney planner mama-It can be used for up to TEN guests! Isn't that great? And the original poster said he had no problem using it for a party of 12!

yoopermom-I don't think you can split checks and use it.

:banana: Such great news. I debated ordering mine so glad I did :) Now I just hope it comes in time. Ordered March 10th going April 21. What are my chances? Anyone have a problem using the e-mail confirmation when the card didn't come in time? Can I use the card at the ford court POR? :Pinkbounc 25 more days to go!!!!

Kat913 said:
:banana: Such great news. I debated ordering mine so glad I did :) Now I just hope it comes in time. Ordered March 10th going April 21. What are my chances? Anyone have a problem using the e-mail confirmation when the card didn't come in time? Can I use the card at the ford court POR? :Pinkbounc 25 more days to go!!!!

Many have posted that they used the email confirmation without any troubles.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter