DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Honest? Ha!

Old guys invading the boards it seems!

43947099.jpg

Thanks Rob... Scott and honest don't really go together, peel back the layers of his finance job, and he's just a glorified car salesmen... ;)
I have a still outstanding Friend Request sent to you on FB...
Just playing the straight man, here.
Looks like it worked right well too.

A request on FB you say...
I'll have to go fix that.
I see you around the Dads group fairly regular but I'm not a prolific poster in that realm
(and obviously I'm not good at keeping up with requests either).

Just playing the straight man, here.
Looks like it worked right well too.

A request on FB you say...
I'll have to go fix that.
I see you around the Dads group fairly regular but I'm not a prolific poster in that realm
(and obviously I'm not good at keeping up with requests either).

emojithumbs_786749.jpg

:sad2: I didn't even look who it was. Just saw "new guy" and... look... I'm a busy guy, okay?
(which doesn't exactly explain why I'm on here.... I STAND BY WHAT I SAID!!!!)

Thanks... I take your welcome with more sincerity, than these other clowns... :)
And well you should.

Of course, everything sounds far more sincere when said (or typed) with an English accent.

Sincerely meant.
I shall now wear the cone of shame for the rest of the evening, to protect me from phone based posting. I do not like the cone of shame.

Ahhhhh... a Brit... Nice. Has he met Paul....
Nope. Other end of the country. I'm from Daahhhhn Saaaaaaaf.

Sincerely meant.
I shall now wear the cone of shame for the rest of the evening, to protect me from phone based posting. I do not like the cone of shame.

But you've both been to Epcot I am sure.. Maybe even cracked open a Guinness or a Harp. ;)

Bet seriously, it's nice to know that we continue to expand internationally... So although late, and maybe a bit back-asswards... :welcome:

Afternoon all. It has been a glorious day thus far. Baked bread for the week, went to the gym, and played tennis. When I get home, DW had taken dd shopping for a dress for Homecoming Dance this weekend. :scared1: That just got real!!! However, in talking to younger dd who tells all secrets, she's just going with several friends from her swim team.

Happy belated anniversary to you and DW. It sounds like a good day was had by all.

Thanks.

By virtue of circumstance, I am also a follower of the cubbies.

Now we have ourselves a game. Happy Anniversary Norm, hopefully you reminded her what a lucky woman she is.

Have a good holiday weekend all, and remember to pack away the white clothes.

Thanks. I'm glad you recognize how lucky she is. It seems like everyone else said it was the other way. :lmao:

You are talking about the baseball team, Chicago Cubs? :lmao: Just how did you manage to be a fan of them? They were on our local tv market when I was a young and we had three channels, but that was because the are in the NL Central with St. Louis Cardinals and Cincinnati Reds. The Reds were about an hour north east of Louisville, and closest "home" team to cheer for.

First Carl. Now Scott. It's a reunion. :sad2: :eek: :rotfl:

Sounds like you are close to mastering the KY accent. Just try to pronounce words that sound nothing like they are spelled and you'll fit in great. Not sure why you would ever want to fit in here in KY, but there you go.

Evening Gents. The kid took the dog for a run and I am watching the Harry Potter marathon on Disney. Had a good day yesterday. Some interesting games and surprising results. Gators won but an otherwise not so memorable game.

So will the Gators be part of the BCS equation?

You never know but no. They should challenge for the SEC East and maybe earn another trip to Atlanta to get beat by Bama. They looked good yesterday.

Then I get here and back read and see Norms name and yoga pants used in the same sentence.

At least there are no naked pictures of Tim here.

Great surprise last night in that the kids came home last night instead of today so they could see their old man before I headed out to China.

That is cool. Seeing you were getting on a plane a day ago, you are probably still 10 hours of flight time away from landing. Safe travels.

Nothing really to report from London. Got the post holiday blues. Our green last night played Top Gun on the outdoor cinema, haven't seen that film in years.

Post holiday blues suck. Any trips planned in the future?

Ummm... Hi. My name's Brian, I'm from Canada. I guess you can say I'm a bit of a Disney nut, and I do have kids, so that kinda makes me a dad. This group seems like it may be a good fit for me.
You guys still accepting new members?

Sorry, boarder's closed. We already reached our Canadian quota for the year. Try reapplying next year when they open up again.

Speaking of old guys....

Wait.. what am I sayin'

I'm one of the "oldest" guys here

What is the saying? "I have corns older than most of you."

Afternoon all. It has been a glorious day thus far. Baked bread for the week, went to the gym, and played tennis. When I get home, DW had taken dd shopping for a dress for Homecoming Dance this weekend. :scared1: That just got real!!! However, in talking to younger dd who tells all secrets, she's just going with several friends from her swim team.

Nice to have a mole in the female camp.

Ummm... Hi. My name's Brian, I'm from Canada. I guess you can say I'm a bit of a Disney nut, and I do have kids, so that kinda makes me a dad. This group seems like it may be a good fit for me.

Just shows nobody looks at your signature.

Welcome back Brian!

Hey all. Hear all the coolest of cool guys hang out in here. Then I get here and back read and see Norms name and yoga pants used in the same sentence. That is really not an image one wants to envision after some time away from here. Hope it doesnt ruin any future returns for me

:rotfl2:

:rotfl2::rotfl::rotfl2:

Honest? Ha!

Thanks Rob... Scott and honest don't really go together, peel back the layers of his finance job, and he's just a glorified car salesmen... ;)
I have a still outstanding Friend Request sent to you on FB...

Now this is the part of the boards I miss.

First Carl. Now Scott. It's a reunion. :sad2: :eek: :rotfl:

Or a break from what has become of the FB side. :confused3

Looks like several blasts from the past have dropped in here lately. As a newer DisDad, it's nice to see some of the elders come back to learn some knowledge to us young folk. (By young, I of course mean DisDad number age, because I think we're all past the point of being considered "young" in real years).

However, in talking to younger dd who tells all secrets, she's just going with several friends from her swim team.
Enjoy the secret telling while it lasts!

I would like to pose 2 new DisDad Laws. I have talked with several Dads and we have discussed this and feel these new suggested laws, while should be obvious, are needed

It is forbidden for one person to assume ownership the DisDad group, Name, Etc., We are all DisDads and DisDads are all of us.

It is forbidden for a DisDad to profit from any other other DisDads with use of the DisDads name or for something pertaining to the Disdads unless all involved are aware and agree with the profiting.

Trying to come up with a good way to put the second one.

Last edited:
Happy Monday. The last of my four day weekend. FIL took us out to eat last night for our anniversary to a local Mexican restaurant, where all the staff are from Mexico. Excellent authentic food with excellent authentic margaritas. We will go back for sure.

Just shows nobody looks at your signature.

!

Remember, some mobile platforms don't have signatures displayed.

:rotfl2:
Now this is the part of the boards I miss.

Or a break from what has become of the FB side. :confused3

:wave: Jason. Yes, a few of us remained here, posting all our usual nuggets of wisdom. I don't like the format of these new boards here, but they do make it easier to follow the different conversations than on FB.

Looks like several blasts from the past have dropped in here lately. As a newer DisDad, it's nice to see some of the elders come back to learn some knowledge to us young folk. (By young, I of course mean DisDad number age, because I think we're all past the point of being considered "young" in real years).

Enjoy the secret telling while it lasts!

Yes, you can learn a lot from those nuggets of wisdom. :lmao:

I hope the secret telling will last. I can always hold coaching her at tennis over her head if she stops. :lmao:

Sadly, they are 15 months apart in age and fight all the time. I am told that is "normal" by others, and that they will have great relationships in the future. I guess sharing secrets is also a part of their fighting/ competition against one another.

Morning folks! Up at 5am and now at work.... last day before vacation! Woot!!

It is forbidden for a DisDad to profit from any other other DisDads with use of the DisDads name or for something pertaining to the Disdads unless all involved are aware and agree with the profiting.

Trying to come up with a good way to put the second one.

How about "Don't screw other DisDads"

Morning all, hope you are enjoying Labour Day. Yes that is LaboUr with a U.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter