• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Evening Guys,

need to play the proud Dad in here tonight, DS had his middle school sport awards today and was awarded the Male Athlete of the Year! Couldn't be prouder of my boy!!

No way! That's fantastic! Congratulations!!

Morning folks. Only an hour and a half to go then it's three glorious days off!

Good Morning Disney Friends!

Today in Disney History:

1945:
Walt Disney's wife Lillian christens the SS Rice Victory, a 10,500-ton U.S. warship.

1955:
Disney's 15th animated feature film Lady and the Tramp has its world premiere in Chicago. It is the first Disney cartoon feature filmed in CinemaScope (a wide screen film process). It will be generally released 6 days later.

1956:
Disneyland debuts Tom Sawyer Island & the Rafts to Tom Sawyer Island in Frontierland, the film 3D Jamboree at the Mickey Mouse Club Theater, and the Storybook Land Canal Boats attraction in Fantasyland. Tom Sawyer Island (today known as Pirate's Lair on Tom Sawyer Island) is an artificial island surrounded by the Rivers of America and inspired by the works of Mark Twain. Guests visit the island by traveling on a motorized raft which is piloted by a Disneyland Cast Member.
The short 3D Jamboree features the famous Mouseketeers and their leader Jimmy Dodd. The presentation
includes the animated shorts Melody and Working for Peanuts all in 3D. Storybook Land Canal Boats (originally known as Canal Boats of the World in 1955) features 13 boats(powered by outboard motors) afloat in 465,000 gallons of water.
"Everything on the island is free; you only need a ticket to get there. I put in all the things I wanted to do as a kid—and couldn't. Including getting into something without a ticket." -Walt Disney on Tom Sawyer Island

53129797.jpg

Happy belated birthday Scott! Nice photo.

Evening Guys,

need to play the proud Dad in here tonight, DS had his middle school sport awards today and was awarded the Male Athlete of the Year! Couldn't be prouder of my boy!!

Congratulations Declan! Very cool.

DL at Christmas. I could not get GC at 7 months but we were looking to be there New Years Eve and could not get room for that night so we went to DaWorld instead. I think your dates will be o.k. though as DL is so much more a locals destination so Christmas - New Years is packed.
We're looking a bit earlier so hopefully we're just ahead of the Christmas rush.
Evening Guys,

Well done Declan.

Good morning!

Evening Guys,

Congratulations to Declan! That's awesome!

Good morning all. It is another beautiful day here. Been driving the dds to futsal and swim this AM, and then onto the office.

Evening Guys,

Congrats to DS.

Yes....Congrats Declan! And congratulations to his #1 Athletic Supporter, Darcy.......oh wait that didn't sound right! :)

:lmao: :rotfl: :lmao: :rotfl: :lmao:

Good Morning All! It's been a while since I've been able to find the time or get a connection to post. Prayers where needed, Happy birthdays and Congrats where deserved and Bacon and dole whips for everyone.

Congrats to the Chicago fans on another shiny new trophy. Did anyone see that nice shiny new ring Tom Brady got yesterday. Impressive huh?

I'll try to get some time to go back a little, but things are crazy now with year end two weeks away. Got a shiny new bonus this week that was used to buy a 2009 Lexus RX350. I'll post pictures after I pick it up. In addition, there is enough left over to pay off the August trip without dipping into savings. :yay::yay::cool1::cool1::dancer:

On the sports front, DS finished the baseball season at 5-1. 37 innings pitched and only gave up 2 earned runs. His only loss was a 3-2 defeat with all 3 runs being unearned on errors. Base runners were either dropped 3rd strikes or fielding errors. Just started AAU season and after 3 games, he is 2-0 pitching, batting avg. .422, 11 RBI. Not too bad for a start.

DD was 1-6 pitching softball this spring, but the team was really not good. She played 2 grades up and was our top player. We really need to work on improving. Pitched well though and had a fun season with a good group of girls.

Summer hoop seasons start next week, it never ends!

While away, we had 2 family members lost. An uncle and cousin on the wife's side. Both were after long battles with illness and they are in a better place.

Hope everyone is doing well and sending pixie dust. Hoping to be able to get online more often.

Good Morning All! It's been a while since I've been able to find the time or get a connection to post. Prayers where needed, Happy birthdays and Congrats where deserved and Bacon and dole whips for everyone.

Congrats to the Chicago fans on another shiny new trophy. Did anyone see that nice shiny new ring Tom Brady got yesterday. Impressive huh?

I'll try to get some time to go back a little, but things are crazy now with year end two weeks away. Got a shiny new bonus this week that was used to buy a 2009 Lexus RX350. I'll post pictures after I pick it up. In addition, there is enough left over to pay off the August trip without dipping into savings. :yay::yay::cool1::cool1::dancer:

On the sports front, DS finished the baseball season at 5-1. 37 innings pitched and only gave up 2 earned runs. His only loss was a 3-2 defeat with all 3 runs being unearned on errors. Base runners were either dropped 3rd strikes or fielding errors. Just started AAU season and after 3 games, he is 2-0 pitching, batting avg. .422, 11 RBI. Not too bad for a start.

DD was 1-6 pitching softball this spring, but the team was really not good. She played 2 grades up and was our top player. We really need to work on improving. Pitched well though and had a fun season with a good group of girls.

While away, we had 2 family members lost. An uncle and cousin on the wife's side. Both were after long battles with illness and they are in a better place.

Hope everyone is doing well and sending pixie dust. Hoping to be able to get online more often.

Well done to the Kids and nice purchase by Dad!

Sorry to hear about family losses.

Good to hear from you. Congrats to the kids, gotta luv a good bonus and sorry about the family losses.

Hi Jim! :wave:

Happy Tuesday night. I learned another lesson today - don't eat Chinese buffet and then play tennis afterwards in 90 degree heat. Getting ready to watch USA soccer and will switch over to NBA Finals. It is a great day.

Wondered when you would stop by to post, and didn't know how much celebrating you would do. I didn't get to see the game last night, but congrats to the Hawks.

I think that your bonus is more impressive than that Super Bowl Ring. Bravo.

Prayers for your family with the two losses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter