• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

A lazy Sunday afternoon is on tap today.

Do you have to be certified before you get there? Can you get diver certification from anywhere or is it state specific?

Dive Quest is the only one that requires you to be a certified diver. I forgot how old the girls are but there are age restrictions on all the tours so you want to check first. You need to be certified before you get there. The most common certification agency is PADI, you can check their web page for places that offer certification. It is an international organization so it works everywhere.

Two great games in Moncton today. The 2-0 win by Columbia over France was fun to watch. France may have won the possession battle but couldn't find the back of the net. They had 21 shots with 6 on target while Columbia took 3 and scored on the 2 on net. The England/Mexico game was pretty fast paced but I would say England had the better chances.

No wig for me CJ, my section had a dress code.

DS has a game in the morning but I don't think it is being broadcast. ;)

I could have sworn I saw you wearing the wig. You had two good games to watch, would have liked to have seen them in person.

Hate to see such an intentional hand ball get missed though that effected the outcome of that game. Not really sure how both the AR & ref missed that one. A red card and PK probably would have resulted in 1-1 at that point. Then, I doubt France would have committed most of the entire team to offense at the end of the game. Or course, we have to hate Columbia because of the punch. But, it was a good game.

It was hard to see that handball from where we were sitting but from the crowd reaction it seemed to be pretty blatant.

Fran Kirby played excellent for England throughout the match. England did seem to become more dominant as the match went on but Mexico did press pretty hard in the added 4 minutes. England's size was a big factor as they won pretty much all the balls in the air that Mexico launched into the penalty area. We were sitting next to the tunnel leading to the locker rooms and there was a constant stream of English players headed in and out for the entire match. I guess many of them had nervous bladders. :rotfl2:

Officiating so far is spotty at best. That was a pretty obvious handball and someone should have caught it. All in all two entertaining games. They commented that the Columbia win was the biggest upset in WC history according to team rankings. And yes, we do not like Columbia because of the sucker punch.

Morning folks. Back from Toronto and back at work.
I like not working better.

Sorry to hear. Can't blame your belief system.

A nice Sunday morning. Played tennis about an hour this morning before it got too hot. But, I was dripping with sweat. I took the dds to the park and they ran a mile each, conditioning for their sports. They say I smelled bad, and I tell them I smell like roses.

It was hard to see that handball from where we were sitting but from the crowd reaction it seemed to be pretty blatant.

Fran Kirby played excellent for England throughout the match. England did seem to become more dominant as the match went on but Mexico did press pretty hard in the added 4 minutes. England's size was a big factor as they won pretty much all the balls in the air that Mexico launched into the penalty area. We were sitting next to the tunnel leading to the locker rooms and there was a constant stream of English players headed in and out for the entire match. I guess many of them had nervous bladders. :rotfl2:

But, they were in the front and the AR should have had a great view. Kirby played a great game. But, it looked like they inserted a center mid and blond defender that made a big difference.

Morning folks. Back from Toronto and back at work.
I like not working better.

It's always better not working.

Dive Quest is the only one that requires you to be a certified diver. I forgot how old the girls are but there are age restrictions on all the tours so you want to check first. You need to be certified before you get there. The most common certification agency is PADI, you can check their web page for places that offer certification. It is an international organization so it works everywhere.

Thanks for the info. I'll check them out.

Good Morning Disney Friends!

Today in Disney History:

1944:
This day's Disney Studio Labor-Management Commission newsletter notes: Ward Kimball's Huggajeedy 8 is doing a swell job of entertaining the boys in the hospitals. Next trip will be to the Norconia T.B. Ward, where they'll try a new act, complete with "chalk-talk," skits and jam session. This is in reference to Kimball's musical group which will eventually turn into The Firehouse Five Plus Two.

1957:
At Disneyland, Don DeFore's Silver Banjo Barbecue restaurant in Frontierland opens. Operated by well-known actor Don DeFore and his brother Verne, the restaurant is inspired by a silver banjo their father had given them. Located right next to Aunt Jemima’s restaurant, the Silver Banjo is the only concession in Disneyland with the name of a real living person. (Although at this time Art Linkletter owns the Kodak concession - his name is not visible.)

1959:
At Disneyland, all of the new attractions that had been dedicated yesterday (June 14) officially open to the public.
"Kodak Presents: Disneyland '59" airs on ABC-TV's Walt Disney Presents. Art Linkletter hosts the 131st episode, which introduces viewers to the new attractions that had been dedicated the day before - the Monorail, the Submarine Voyage and the Matterhorn Bobsleds. The 90-minute show also features Annette Funicello, Ricky Nelson, Fred MacMurray, the cast of Zorro, and of course Walt Disney himself.

1994:
The TV special, "The Lion King: A Musical Journey With Elton John" airs on ABC the same day Disney's 32nd animated motion picture The Lion King premieres in select U.S. cities. The film, featuring songs by Elton John and Tim Rice, will become the highest grossing animated film of all time (until the release of Finding Nemo). The all-star voice cast includes Matthew Broderick, Jeremy Irons, James Earl Jones, Jonathan Taylor Thomas, Nathan Lane, Ernie Sabella, Moira Kelly, Robert Guillaume, Rowan Atkinson, Whoopi Goldberg, Cheech Marin and Jim Cummings. The Lion King will win two Academy Awards for its achievement in music and the Golden Globe Award for Best Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy. (The success of the film will lead to several sequels, spin-offs, video games and even a live stage version.)

2012:
Disneyland Resort caps off its $1 billion renovation of Disney California Adventure with the public opening of Cars Land and the new Buena Vista Street. Based on the Disney-Pixar movie Cars, Cars Land is the largest piece of a five-year expansion at Disney California Adventure Park, adding 12 acres of new attractions to the theme park. It is a recreation of the fictional town of Radiator Springs, featuring Luigi's Flying Tires, which flies riders over what looks like a giant air hockey table; Mater's Junkyard Jamboree, which swings riders in trailers in a "tow-si-do" square dance; and Radiator Springs Racers, which takes
riders through a race through a mountain range. Buena Vista Street (formerly known as Sunshine Plaza) is similar to the layout and style of Main Street, USA. The land includes dining, shopping, parades, and entertainment. Also featured is the Red Trolley Car, providing transportation between the park's main entry at Buena Vista Street and The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror in Hollywood Land.

Good morning guys,

I'm so far behind I don't know where to begin.

First off, I hope everyone is well and welcome new guys. Bacon for all.

Summer vacation started officially last week. I'm already run ragged. Last week was soccer camp and the kiddos did great. Stretch is finally getting comfortable with the fact that he's big and to use it. We also went to Nickelodeon Universe to burn up some wristbands. Stretch talked Peanut into going onto the flume ride which terrified her. Needless to say, she only did it once.

11407182_10206033713436201_7947916651615968534_n.jpg

Also, our finances have improved to the point that we're thinking of pushing next year's December trip to Mickey West to this year. Does anyone know if they run specials for Disneyland in December before Christmas? Also, we looked at renting DVC points. Looks like we'd save over a grand at Grand Californian by renting points. We've never looked at renting points so I have a few questions.

• How good is David's Vacation Club Rentals?
  • How hard is it to books six months out? (12/13 to 12/17)?
  • Do you still get to use all the resort amenities?
  • Would we have to book park passes separate?
Thanks for all your help.

Top O the Morning Dads! One to go for the Blackhawks tonight. Understand that the city is past fired up as the the last two Hawks Cup clinchers were on the road as was the 1961 cup. Been 77 years since the Hawks won the Cup on home ice. Make sure to catch the National Anthem tonight as they may set some kind of decibel record. GO HAWKS!
Good morning guys,

I'm so far behind I don't know where to begin.

First off, I hope everyone is well and welcome new guys. Bacon for all.

Summer vacation started officially last week. I'm already run ragged. Last week was soccer camp and the kiddos did great. Stretch is finally getting comfortable with the fact that he's big and to use it. We also went to Nickelodeon Universe to burn up some wristbands. Stretch talked Peanut into going onto the flume ride which terrified her. Needless to say, she only did it once.

11407182_10206033713436201_7947916651615968534_n.jpg

Also, our finances have improved to the point that we're thinking of pushing next year's December trip to Mickey West to this year. Does anyone know if they run specials for Disneyland in December before Christmas? Also, we looked at renting DVC points. Looks like we'd save over a grand at Grand Californian by renting points. We've never looked at renting points so I have a few questions.

Great pic and nice to hear from ya. Save that pic of peanut in a good place - priceless.

DL at Christmas. I could not get GC at 7 months but we were looking to be there New Years Eve and could not get room for that night so we went to DaWorld instead. I think your dates will be o.k. though as DL is so much more a locals destination so Christmas - New Years is packed.

'Afternoon all...
Work has been demanding that actually work as of late, so I've missed a good bit.
A few quick shouts:

A Happy BD to Scott
A Good luck on the possible job to Randal
A wish for a great expedition to Mark (if I don't get back over here before hand)
and Bacon, Dole Whips and a wonderful summer for all.

Take care guys.

Another beautiful day here.

Heard good things about David's, but never used them. VGC is the most difficult DVC resort to book, but check with David's about contracts, deposits, refunds, etc. Yes, you still get to use all the resort amenities. Staying on points, you only get mousekeeping every 4th day, just like all DVC members. Once there, you can do everything like anyone else. I think TOTWL @ BLT is supposed to be members only, but I haven't heard of anyone renting while staying there not being allowed access. Yes, you still need to buy theme park tickets separately. You can add meal plan, but I don't think it is cost effective.

Top O the Morning Dads! One to go for the Blackhawks tonight. Understand that the city is past fired up as the the last two Hawks Cup clinchers were on the road as was the 1961 cup. Been 77 years since the Hawks won the Cup on home ice. Make sure to catch the National Anthem tonight as they may set some kind of decibel record. GO HAWKS!

Tampa Bay looked way more physical in that last game, but that goalie snafu really got them. The games have been good.

Happy Birthday Scott.

That's funny! No doubt about how she feels about it!

ETA. I've done MOA/Nickelodeon with the rug rats more times than I can count!
I hear ya. The Toddler Tuesday wristbands were a great deal. I had to buy this pic because the expression on her face
Looks like he may be having some second thoughts as well. :rotfl2:
That's his regular smile. It looks like he's in pain.

Another beautiful day here.

Heard good things about David's, but never used them. VGC is the most difficult DVC resort to book, but check with David's about contracts, deposits, refunds, etc. Yes, you still get to use all the resort amenities. Staying on points, you only get mousekeeping every 4th day, just like all DVC members. Once there, you can do everything like anyone else. I think TOTWL @ BLT is supposed to be members only, but I haven't heard of anyone renting while staying there not being allowed access. Yes, you still need to buy theme park tickets separately. You can add meal plan, but I don't think it is cost effective.

Tampa Bay looked way more physical in that last game, but that goalie snafu really got them. The games have been good.
Thanks for the input Norm. I think we'll try and move quickly on it. You can't beat $1200 for GVC when the good neighbor hotels are almost the same amount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter