DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

15193682_10153934764315684_8152989047249516781_n-jpg.208414

That first one shows me just what I expect to see; that y'all at least have enough snow plowing and road clearing infrastructure to keep a handle on things up that way. That second one looks more like what we encounter any time there is any amount of snow (assuming that it actually sticks to the ground that is). I think my county only maintains about a half dozen dump-trucks with simple plows attached to the front bumpers that have to clear all the roads in an area of about 1800 sq/K. Needless to say, they don't spend much time on anything below a major highway.

I have to confess I've never tried eggnog, with our without bourbon. I'm not sure why I never tried it. My parents didn't bother with it when I was growing up, I guess that's why.
I have tried it on various occasions...
Just don't care for the stuff. Everyone else in the house loves it, but I just stick to the bourbon.

It's the small touches like these guys that I miss at the parks today. Have a good one gents!
2008-st008.jpg

I miss some of the older details but I gott'a say I'm I'm stumped on that one.
Who are they and what park and venue is that in?

Staying at AKL, home resort, and wait-listed for BWV and Beach Club (location, location, location)
  • Tues 12/27 - Disney Springs - D-luxe Burgers, Daily Poutine and wherever else the family wants to grab something while we take in the new decorations and the night time drone Christmas show.
  • Wed 12/28 MK - Crystal Palace for BKFST & Wishes Desert Party
  • Thur 12/29 HS - Hollywood & Vine early diner & Jingle Bell jingle Bam Desert Party
  • Fri 12/30 - Sleep in day, O'hana late BKFST at Polly, check out MK resort decorations, hit MK for couple of hours with FP+ and then maybe back to Disney Springs / to bed early for NYE day
  • Sat 12/31 EPCOT - Via Napoli for early dinner. Plan is to munch our way through World Showcase through the evening while enjoying some beverages and the atmosphere of NYE which is supposed to be awesome despite the crowd. We have done Studios on NYE twice before so this will be new for us.
  • Sun 01/01 AK - have this open with only FP+ schedule in the afternoon as sleeping in. Waiting to see if Rivers of Light opens for a potential dining package
  • Mon 01/02 Boma for BKFST and then head to airport
This sound like an excellent time will be had.
Crowded at times to be sure, but excellent none the less.

Took the kid to the doctor. One collapsed vein and a sobbing kid later we're sent to the ER. Waiting there now.
Whoa...
What happened there?
And may it get straightened out very quickly.

Morning all. It's a nice slow day here with some grocery shopping and laundry.
Enjoy the break.
You can keep the snow, but once it melts we sure could use some of the water on down this way.

About 2.5 hours gone. Still waiting in the ER.

Not actually having the best day.

Don't recognize them?
I miss some of the older details but I gott'a say I'm I'm stumped on that one.
Rob I could understand that you may not have seen them as you needed to go to Beauty and the Beast at Studios but Norm you have daughters and I'm thinking they have been to DaWorld prior to 2008? CJ should remember them.

They, Four for a Dollar, were the warm-up act for Beauty and the Beast up til 2008. They are an a capela group that were great. They had a shtick that started out like they were just stage hands and then broke into their great act. Check out the video of them and a good story about them.

http://livingadisneylife.com/disneys-hollywood-studios-flashback-four-dollar/

Hope all goes well and the day improves

4hours. Still waiting. Get a pool going. You have time.

That looks bad. Way to rough it at the coffee shop. :lmao:

That looks worse.

That first one shows me just what I expect to see; that y'all at least have enough snow plowing and road clearing infrastructure to keep a handle on things up that way. That second one looks more like what we encounter any time there is any amount of snow (assuming that it actually sticks to the ground that is). I think my county only maintains about a half dozen dump-trucks with simple plows attached to the front bumpers that have to clear all the roads in an area of about 1800 sq/K. Needless to say, they don't spend much time on anything below a major highway.

The first one from yesterday was actually at the end of the storm, the second one from today was near the beginning of the storm. It turned to rain long before it accumulated the amount of snow they called for today. Now it is just a mess outside.

Was suppose to rain here but it's been changed to another snowfall warning, another 15 to 20 cm.
Not sure what's going to fall tonight at home. Now they say 5-10cm snow followed by 15-20mm rain through the day tomorrow, possibly changing back to snow in the afternoon. With the temps right at freezing, really they aren't sure. It will be messy either way. My only worry is DD who will have to deal with driving in snow for the first time. I thought about telling her she can't drive, but she has to learn sometime. It should be a fairly light snow so maybe it will be a good experience for her. It wouldn't send her out in a raging blizzard...yet (undoubtedly there will come a time in life when there simply isn't a choice).

Staying at AKL, home resort, and wait-listed for BWV and Beach Club (location, location, location)
Sounds like a great plan. I like your dining choices. I've heard D-luxe Burger is good.

Took the kid to the doctor. One collapsed vein and a sobbing kid later we're sent to the ER. Waiting there now.
Sending positive thoughts your way. I hope the day goes better for all of you.

After 8 hours, one doctor's office, one ER waiting room, one blown vein, two blood tests, two urine tests... "Go home. See a doctor if it gets worse."

Time well spent.

Still sick as he11. Can't seem to shake this bug. Making meatballs tonight so maybe the smell of the Italian version of chicken soup will perk me up a bit. Certainly not looking forward to the sacrificing of the Gators to Bama tomorrow.

Rob I could understand that you may not have seen them as you needed to go to Beauty and the Beast at Studios but Norm you have daughters and I'm thinking they have been to DaWorld prior to 2008? CJ should remember them.

They, Four for a Dollar, were the warm-up act for Beauty and the Beast up til 2008. They are an a capela group that were great. They had a shtick that started out like they were just stage hands and then broke into their great act. Check out the video of them and a good story about them.

http://livingadisneylife.com/disneys-hollywood-studios-flashback-four-dollar/

Or eight bits for a buck. I did know that and saw them a few times. Should have seen it then but when they started to get rid of shows like this, they started caring less about the value of a Disney vacation to guests, to maximizing profits.

After 8 hours, one doctor's office, one ER waiting room, one blown vein, two blood tests, two urine tests... "Go home. See a doctor if it gets worse."

Time well spent.

Sorry to hear. Hope you don't have to go through it again later.

Happy Friday.

The live show in DHS? Did they warm up every show or just one a day? I don't remember seeing them. We were there in 2005, 2006, 2007, & 2008 and made that show at least once per trip. I never saw them.

Not sure what's going to fall tonight at home. Now they say 5-10cm snow followed by 15-20mm rain through the day tomorrow, possibly changing back to snow in the afternoon. With the temps right at freezing, really they aren't sure. It will be messy either way. My only worry is DD who will have to deal with driving in snow for the first time. I thought about telling her she can't drive, but she has to learn sometime. It should be a fairly light snow so maybe it will be a good experience for her. It wouldn't send her out in a raging blizzard...yet (undoubtedly there will come a time in life when there simply isn't a choice).

I'm just as afraid of mine driving. We don't get snow very often, but afraid mine will try to chase a squirrel with the car.

That is awful, but sounds like our medical care here - try and get better on your own.

Still sick as he11. Can't seem to shake this bug. Making meatballs tonight so maybe the smell of the Italian version of chicken soup will perk me up a bit. Certainly not looking forward to the sacrificing of the Gators to Bama tomorrow.

Sorry to hear it. Oldest dd is sick and is taking an antibiotic. Dr said that it is going around here. Hope you get better soon.

Bonsoir boys, from a very cold Paris. Broke the kids again.

I like eggnog, but not as much as bourbon neat.
Never had egg nog. Never had the opportunity.
I've heard D-luxe Burger is good
It is good. The shakes were very good, and they serve Lagunitas IPA.
Still sick as he11. Can't seem to shake this bug.
Hopefully it'll break soon CJ.
thought I would share some of our plans:
Nice work. Epcot on NYE I'm sure will be fabulous. Hope to go sometime.

Still sick as he11. Can't seem to shake this bug. Making meatballs tonight so maybe the smell of the Italian version of chicken soup will perk me up a bit.
Hope you feel better soon. Meatballs in soup...would that be Italian Wedding soup? I love that stuff, although I've never had proper homemade soup.

I don't need another 8 hours just to be told, "If it gets worse, wait in a hospital chair for 8 hours."
I think we've all been there at some point (although I don't think I ever suffered 8 hours). It's not fun. Here's hoping you don't have to go through it again and she's feeling better.

Bon soir mon ami. Nice job breaking the kids, i'm sure they enjoyed it anyway!

Thanks for all the kind wishes, guys. She's steadily improving, although we still don't know what the heck happened. 2 nights ago the pain was a 7 (and she doesn't exaggerate pain. if she says 7, she's thought carefully about it and it's a 7) Next day a 6, last night a 5 today a 3. Keeping fingers crossed.

Morning all. Played tennis last night and again this morning. Haven't tried a less than 12 hour turnaround since summer tournament. I survived and played well this morning, but am sore now. I'm enjoying West Ham and Arsenal. Dan, I know who to cheer for, but I think I know who will win.

Never had egg nog. Never had the opportunity.

Get them some sleep or eggnog with bourbon. Either should fix something. :lmao:

Thanks for all the kind wishes, guys. She's steadily improving, although we still don't know what the heck happened. 2 nights ago the pain was a 7 (and she doesn't exaggerate pain. if she says 7, she's thought carefully about it and it's a 7) Next day a 6, last night a 5 today a 3. Keeping fingers crossed.

Glad to hear she is doing better.

Last edited:
Bon soir mes amis, a Paris.
Let the kids sleep in this morning, turned the morning into a total washout. All we got done was Ratatouille and Mickey & Minnie Xmas M&G. The crowds were crazy today. We same back early afternoon and then hit the rides as the parades started, so ticked up our ride count for the day. Ate in Walts this evening, with a couple of Anchor Steams.
Yesterday was much better, full day with no crowds. Got tons done, and finished off with the Character buffet in the Hotel. The DL hotel is stupidly close to the park. It is literally 50 steps from the gate exit to our buildings door. George and I counted.

Dreams at Xmas is good, but not as good as the regular Dreams.
Still lovely to see the park with Christmas decor though, this is our first time and we loved it. Still prefer Halloween. Does this make me evil?

Have a great weekend all.

Next day a 6, last night a 5 today a 3. Keeping fingers crossed.
Good news pkondz, that sounds like progress.
Get them some sleep or eggnog with bourbon. Either should fix something. :lmao:
:thumbsup2 Went with the Egg Nog & Bourbon. It's worked with Bella, however George tried to start a bar fight with a 5 year old tottenham fan. You owe me 200 for bail.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter